QA/Team Meeting/QA Team Meeting-2015-04-01
- 1 Mozilla QA Meeting Wed, April 1, 2015 @ 1:30pm PDT
- 1.1 Lead / Scribe
- 1.2 Actions From Last Week
- 1.3 Deadlines and Schedules
- 1.4 Discussion & Updates for Team
- 1.5 Lightning Talk
- 1.6 Contributors
- 1.7 Quarter Goals
- 1.8 Action Items and notes from the meeting
- 1.9 Travel / PTO (Read Only)
- 1.10 Next Meeting's Lead/Scribe
Mozilla QA Meeting Wed, April 1, 2015 @ 1:30pm PDT
# Every other Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Room: QA # # Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=0HHQN7SSNIkAxuJq04fq7uZk6J8 # Phone: +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99456 (US/INTL) # +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99456 (US Toll Free) # +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99456 (Canada) # IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#qa
Template available at: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Team_Meeting/QA_Team_Template
Lead / Scribe
- Lead: Karl
- Scribe: Stephen
Actions From Last Week
- [Action Item] Please link your team's Test Plan for the Reading List. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/2015#Quality_Test_Plans
- [Action Item] Marcia to circulate her etherpad for the team to contribute ideas for implementation in Q2.
- [done] https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Champions-Meeting-Suggestions
- Work Week in June 2015 at Whistler, Canada
- [Action Item] Team members need to make a shortlist of community members they would like to invite.
- [Action Item] We need to think about the amount of space and duration of meetings in the Work Week.
- This is the last meeting in Q1. Next meeting on April Fool's Day 2015.
- [Action Item] Please have less cruel jokes on this day.
- [Action Item] Karl Thiessen to lead the next meeting, with Stephen Donner as the scribe.
- Cat GIF is waaaay too busy.
- [Action Item] Please submit less busy GIFs next time.
Deadlines and Schedules
|Next Merge: October 23, 2023||Next Release: October 24, 2023|
|Central: 120||Aurora: 54||Beta: 119||Release: 118|
Other Notable Dates/Events (Read Only)
- Balkans meetup will take place in May in Bucharest, Romania. The event will be held on 23rd-24th May with 22nd and 25th for traveling. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.community.balkans/dFHFk_K49AM
- Dutch community meetup: Sun 19 April 2015 https://reps.mozilla.org/e/dutch-community-meetup-and-mozcafee/ Martijn Wargers may attend and give a presentation on Firefox OS
- Software Freedom Day (19 sept.): https://www.nllgg.nl/evenementen/20150919/software-freedom-day-utrecht Martijn Wargers is looking for someone to present about Firefox Loop.
Discussion & Updates for Team
- Pick a notetaker for our notepad
- Please dogfood Loop as much as possible, and when/if you encounter problems, please file bugs (suggest at least during 1:1s); thx - [stephend]
- Desktop updates to 37 have been turned off for startup crash bug 1149761
- Community invites for the Work Week are being channeled through Brian King and George Roter
- They scheduled a 30 minute meeting with marcia tomorrow at 12:20 PM Pacific to discuss this. Please contact marcia if interested in joining
- Champions meeting in on hiatus until we complete Q2 goals and decide what the best format for the meeting is.
- QA Marathon Dhaka: Fri Mar 20 and Sat Mar 21, 2015 https://reps.mozilla.org/e/qa-marathon-dhaka/ Attended online by Stephen Donner, Rebecca Billings, Ada Lucinet and Ioana Chiorean. http://www.iamikram.com/qa-marathon-dhaka-a-journey-begins/
- Dutch linux User Group meetup: Sat, Mar 21 2015 https://reps.mozilla.org/e/dutch-linux-user-group-meetup/ Martijn Wargers attended. Demoed a Firefox OS device.
- T-shirt design solicitation from the community: 3 designs submitted till date. Please retweet for more outreach to graphic designers.
- Lightning talk list
- Kamil Jozwiak (irc: kjozwiak): Telemetry Experiments
- http://hg.mozilla.org/webtools/telemetry-experiment-server/ (hg repo)
- https://telemetry-experiment-dev.allizom.org/ (Development/Testing Deployment Server)
- https://telemetry-experiment.cdn.mozilla.net/ (Production Deployment Server)
New Contributor Spotlight
These are new contributors, if you see them around, say hello
- :ThisIsNoah - new contributor to Firefox OS automation from Orlando, thanks to John Dorlus' [:Silne30] efforts.
Contributor Honor Roll
For those that went above and beyond this week, we salute you here.
- Marcela Oniga: open source fan, Linux enthusiast and proud Mozillian https://quality.mozilla.org/2015/03/marcela-oniga-open-source-fan-linux-enthusiast-and-proud-mozillian/ (please retweet)
- Monthly Review: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Goals/2015q1
- In-meeting review first meeting of every month
Action Items and notes from the meeting
- Please bold action items.
- We will take notes on this etherpad
- Stephen to check on and report back the process to add community-contributor nominations for attending work week in Whistler
Travel / PTO (Read Only)
- QA PTO Calendar (Google)
- Stephen out from April 9-24 (honeymoon)
Kitten, fox, or other cute animal gif of the week:
^^ That's not a GIF.
Next Meeting's Lead/Scribe
- Lead: mbrandt
- Scribe: kthiessen