Information and links to do with Firefox 86. This may be useful for Mozilla contributors actively working on the release. It is also a record for future reference.
About the 86 release
- Release owner: Pascal Chevrel (:pascalc)
- Corresponding ESR release: 78.8.0
- Milestones document for the 86 cycle timeline from Nightly to release.
- QA: Test Plan - PI requests - [Feature priorities]
- All experiments for 86
- Postmortem notes, 2 weeks after the release.
- Working checklists for 86
- ESR 78 checklists
- Blank checklist templates
- Off-train releases - Various ways to ship features that aren't in-tree.
- Guidelines for relman: Uplift rules - Release tracking rules
- Security: Sec Triage - Sec-approval -
Dates of 86 releases
- First released: 2020-12-14
- Release notes
- beta simulation reference doc
- 86.0b1 (dev ed and beta channels): 2021-01-25
- 86.0b6 End of EARLY_BETA_OR_EARLIER: 2021-02-04
- Release notes - staging - final
- Mission Control 1 crash dashboard: http://missioncontrol.telemetry.mozilla.org/
- Mission Control 2 crash dashboard: https://metrics.mozilla.com/public/sguha/mc2/missioncontrol_v2.html