Main | Join | Procedures (SOPs) | Leadership (Resources) | Meetings | Website | FAQ
Where to find the teachable courses: (please remember to enroll in the courses)
- First teachable, reps onboarding: https://mozilla.teachable.com/p/reps-onboarding
- Second teachable, CPG training: https://mozilla.teachable.com/p/cpg-training-contributors
- Third teachable, reps events: https://mozilla.teachable.com/p/reps-program-events
If you have any questions, look here:
Discourse post with questions and answers: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/ask-us-anything-questions-from-new-reps/15478
First step: Discover what the reps are about and confirm your decision to join
First of all: congratulations on being accepted in the reps program, we hope that you will like it here!
- Please give us feedback on your selection experience
- Take the onboarding teachable: the teachable will give you information over the reps program as a whole, as well as giving you some support on how to fill out your onboarding plan. Please remember to enroll when you take the course.
- Check this "Questions&Answers" post here,
- If you have any more questions, please reach out to the Reps Council.
- Now that you have a better idea about what the reps program is about, please indicate whether you are still interested in joining the Reps program in your application bug
- Write and submit yours onboarding plan
We will take it from here and if there is something else you need to do, we will comment in the application bug. However, these are the general steps that new Reps need to take:
- If you do not have one already, create a profile on the community portal. Then communicate your username. We will proceed to put you in the reps group (this is a closed group, so you cannot join on your own)
- Take the CPG teachable. Remember to enroll!
- Communicate to the onboarding team when these two steps are done, and you will be sent an NDA invitation
- Accept the invitation
Now you can start your orientation period. Usually, this period lasts three months, but it can be less or more.
The three-months onboarding period
What you do during the onboarding period depends on what your interests are. You will discuss your onboarding plan with your mentor to have an outline of the activities which you would like to carry out. However, there are some steps that we encourage you to take:
- Get in touch with your fellow Mozilla Reps in your country/region to introduce yourself, seek and offer support. It is crucial to work together to make sure the local support is as good as it can be
- Join our reps call (every Thursday at 16:00 UTC).
- If you’re likely to organize events and activities, please take this teachable. It will give you a general introduction on how to carry out activities, and how to ask for swag and budget.
- When your onboarding period ends, please fill out this feedback form, and let us know what we could improve!
Questions & Answers
- If I want to get started now what will I have to do? (Writing yes on the bug?)
- Yes, confirm your interest in the application bug and we will guide you from there
- What about mentors? How are we gonna get those?
- You can ask for a specific mentor or the council will assign a mentor to you.
- How many reports we need to submit during the Orientation Period?
- Quality over quantity
- Could you throw some more light on the 3-month orientation program. What activities would be in it for us?
- We highly encourage you to join our Reps Call on Thursdays, as well as mobilizing your communities around these campaigns and activities.
- How do we get Budget and Swag?
- Please take this teachable. When you are ready to submit your first budget or swag request contact a Resource Rep.