Mozilla has a San Francisco office! This page has information about it.
Finding the office
Enter the building from the entrance lobby on the Embarcadero (as pictured), just a few steps from its intersection with Harrison Street (NW corner between Harrison & Folsom).
Mozilla has space on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th floors.
- Take BART to the Embarcadero station
- Exit Embarcadero station to the street level - Exit B1: Market & Spear Street
- Walk South on Spear street to Harrison st.
- Walk East on Harrison st. to the Embarcadero, but don't cross.
- Turn left onto Embarcadero, immediately walk up the stairs to the 1st floor entrance.
- Or use the wheelchair lift if you need it, right next to the stairs on Embarcadero.
- There is a doorbell and intercom!
- Take MUNI (N or T line) to The Embarcadero & Folsom St. station
- Walk South on the stop to Harrison st.
- Beware of trains and traffic!
- Carefully walk West across Embarcadero to the office
Alternatively, take any MUNI line to Embarcadero station and follow the BART instructions from street level.
- Go the BART station adjacent to the International Terminal G gates (e.g. walk or via Airtrain)
- Take BART to Embarcadero station, follow BART instructions above.
Getting around the Space
- If you need to use the elevator to go from the 1st to the 2nd floor please see the SF receptionist, who can unlock it between the hours of 8:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday. If the receptionist is not available, please use the main building elevators. If you need to use the elevator outside normal business hours please contact [wpr at mozila.com] to make arrangements in advance.
- The other floors are accessible from the main lobby elevators. You can easily get to the main lobby from a level entrance, from the central courtyard between the brick buildings. There are ramps from Embarcadero and Spear streets up to that central courtyard. Then enter the building towards the Harrison side of the courtyard. You will need a badge to get into the spaces on the 2nd, 3rd, and 7th floors
If you are visiting the office to attend a group event, there are a few different places where they might be held.
The Commons is a public space where the Weekly All Hands meetings, brown bags and other community events are held. This is in the middle on the right side of the floor plan.
Behind the Commons, in the upper right part of the floor plan document, there is another space that is sometimes used for community events.
- File:SFOffice-SeatingPlan-Visual with Photos.pdf
- Mixt Greens - on Mission just East of Spear. Excellent salads both preconfigured and BTO.
- Ferry Building restaurants (about a 5-10 minute walk from the office)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays there's the Farmers Market and various food stalls are setup out front for more options.
- Il Cane Rosso for excellent soup, salads and sandwiches (to go, or you can eat there)
- Out the Door for take-out Vietnamese
- China Live Sit-down indoor/outdoor restaurant with Asian fusion cuisine (Open kitchen format/Reservation needed)
- Prather Ranch American Eatery for burgers, sausages and roast-beef sandwiches
- Cowgirl Creamery Sidekick for grilled cheese and other cheesy goodness
- Blue Bottle Coffee if you're a coffee drinker (lines get long, though)
- a bit further away (~15min walk), tasty grilled cheese sandwiches at The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen
- walk/jog/run/skate/bike along the Embarcadero
- YMCA is nearby, 5minute walk, and even has a swimming pool.
- bouldering at Mission Cliffs, Harrison & 19th st in the Mission
- directions from MozSF:
- Walk to Embarcadero BART
- BART to 16th st. & Mission st.
- Walk 3 full blocks South on Mission st. from 16th st. to 19th st.
- Walk 3 full blocks East on 19th st. to Harrison st.
- Mission Cliffs is in front of you.
- directions from MozSF:
- aikido at Heart of SF aikido, 2565 Third Street #309, San Francisco, CA 94107
- directions from MozSF
- outside Mozilla office, on Embarcadero, get on Muni platform. As you look at the bay, with your back to the office, you want trams going to your right.
- get on KT tram (towards Visitacion Valley / 3rd Street). $2 exact change required. Journey takes ~10mins.
- get off at 23rd and 3rd street.
- on 3rd street, walk to mid-block between 22nd-and-23rd-street. Its a big gray industrial building with large red "2565" painted on the wall near the door. Dialin as #309. Walk up to the 3rd floor and follow the aikido signs.
- directions from MozSF
- free group running/exercises workouts every MWF 6:30am at NovemberProjectSF
Bay Bridge Lights
- Visible from the office (especially the 7th floor deck), the Bay Bridge is running computerized 25,000 LED light display artwork. For more details see thebaylights.org
MozSF has profiles elsewhere online: