SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.11
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- 1.4 Feature List, Planning
- 1.5 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.6 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- Based on Gecko 18.104.22.168, target date December 9, see Releases.
- Release schedule will be synchronized with the next Firefox 3.5 release (3.5.16) in early December (tentative).
- Aqualon has been running the 2.0.11pre nightlies on Windows. Nothing unusual so far.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in early December; final to be decided later.
- We'll probably close for the beta2 once SyncUI has landed.
- Unsure how this fits Firefox 4 plans as they are still trying to get to their feature freeze.
- Firefox 4 now officially being in early 2011, which gives us a bit more time.
- As Firefox is now going RC in January, it makes sense to do a short-cycle b3 and try to match it with FF4RC. We can then make make b3 the final feature and string freeze, to be followed by 2.1pre.
- Beta 1 on PPC is broken.
- We will get 64bit boxes going soon and then we'll switch trunk to i386/x86_64 universal builds and stop generating PPC.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 59 new, 23 fixed, 15 triaged.
- Fix rate is good but needs to improve, triage continues to be weak. Should do more there.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
- Proposed SeaMonkey Triage Week
- Aqualon added a first proposal to SeaMonkey:Triage_Week and InvisibleSmiley contributed as well. There are some open questions we need to answer.
- INVALID is pretty easy if it's not a bug in our code or intentional behavior For WONTFIX, if the module owner or someone from the Council says it is WONTFIX, then it is. We could have a "WONTFIX?" whiteboard marker so and module owners and council members can go through those later.
- It is probably a good idea to group components and not do the whole product for the whole week. Perhaps we should have timetable where "champions" for the different components can be online to help.
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]
- Needs feedback from Neil.
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil]
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- Neil resumed porting add-on notifications to doorhangers, except that he can't actually get the notifications to fire for testing purposes.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
- Waiting for reviews from Neil (small one) and Ian (Preferences), then only the themes (Classic) part is left.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 2 will probably be Gecko 2.0-based.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Working on bug 601091 Port FillInHTMLTooltip changes from firefox.
- bug 607775 Finalize missed comm-central sync for client.mk.
- bug 608173 Build system should provide an intelligible error when switching from gmake to pymake or vice versa on an absolutely configured objdir.
- bug 608478 Move PERL and MOZILLA_VERSION lines back to where they belong...
- bug 608483 Port |bug 551438 Require system libpng to be at version 1.4.1 or later| to comm-central.
- bug 608484 Port |bug 595805 Update required cairo version to 1.10 | to comm-central.
- bug 608485 Port Mozilla Changes of |bug 583611 (SQLite3.7.1) Upgrade to SQLite 3.7.1| to comm-central.
- bug 608992 Adjust l10n-compare filter to ignore additional feed readers.
- bug 608048 xpcshell target does not pass-down $(EXTRA_TEST_ARGS). [waiting for checkin]
- bug 609796 Port |bug 576399 GCC 4.5 -Os bustage workaround| to c-c.
- bug 612337 Package ConsoleAPI.js.
- Waiting for Review:
- Working on:
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 609422 Insert and Format entries in menubar in MailNews Compose window enable on hover.
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition.
- bug 579738 Make lightweight themes / personas work in mailnews windows
- bug 579739 Make lightweight themes / personas work in composer window
- bug 608966 Make lightweight themes / personas work in the address book window
- bug 606992 Add ability to drag feed URL from header pane
- bug 79397 Want F5 to view/reload as per browser
- bug 509954 Make F5 reload on other platforms than Window
- bug 610517 Bookmarks and Address Book sidebars' search fields miss placeholder attribute
- bug 556547 Port |bug 555839 Turn on OpenGL LayerManager for fullscreen video widget| to SeaMonkey
- Working On:
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk
- Landed patch for unittest builds on Windows not triggering packaged tests (bug 607910).
- Filed bug and got things going for switching some SeaMonkey buildslaves to 64bit Mac (bug 611105).
- Created and checked in a patch for some new flags on AMO URLs (bug 610066).
- Ported a number of small places changes to SeaMonkey (bug 610736).
- Worked on opening specific views (bug 588418) and selecting entries after delete (bug 597994) for Data Manager.
- Updated Data Manager add-on and figured out new code names for my add-ons.
- Picked up the Download Manager work from some time ago and tried to get the Firefox add-on going again, but this time with the manager in a tab.
- Updated German dictionaries to clear them from bug 611420 problems.
- Added Mozilla mission promotion to SeaMonkey start page.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 600179 LDAP DLLs reference compiler debug DLLs when building a non-debug build. [checkin-needed].
Waiting for review:
- bug 609106 Add plugin-container.exe to ShimInclusionList via installer.
Working on bug 605001 ChatZilla Broken - Does not display anything in the message window.
- bug 236954 Merge uses of mail.show_headers pref.
Waiting on reviews:
- bug 608202 xpcshell: new test_attachment_size.js fails, "ASSERTION: nothing to write!: 'dest >= line && dest < src' ... mimeenc.cpp, line 757" in yenc test.
- bug 606998 "Helper Applications" panel in preferences window unusable on a "non Gnome" system.
- bug 399310 Add Firefox Sidebar API to SeaMonkey Sidebar. [checkin-needed]
- bug 573388 ASSERTION: aWebProgress and channel callbacks do not point to the same docshell.
- bug 598942 Yellow triangle appearing in the Windows tray instead of new mail icon.
- bug 608958 Omnijar doesn't load preference files in reverse alphabetical order.
- bug 609877 Don't access DOM elements before the document loads.
- bug 610408 Can't see full screen window controls, bookmark overflow chevron or tab or sidebar close button when using dark lwtheme.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
- bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense.
- bug 610340 Truncate form validation message only if they are content specified (Port Bug 606817).
- bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow.
- bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data in functions loading entries e.g. from places.
- URLBar fix-ups: Port bug 339710, bug 405541, bug 600243, bug 607518.
- postData followups including bug 600243 (fix postData handling in urlbarBinding's overrideValue).
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- In progress:
- bug 232063: Shortcuts for text viewing, navigation and selection
I expect to provide a new patch in no more than two or three days (no much free time these days, sorry).
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 610556 Linker errors on shared builds with NS_SetDllDirectory
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 599737 Fully end-of-life Python 2.4 for build support
- bug 610565 [m-1.9.1] mochitests: increase SERVER_STARTUP_TIMEOUT to 180 from 45 on Debug
- bug 611231 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-plain-5: "test_arrowpanel.xul" fails now
- bug 611540 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-plain-5: intermittent test_alerts.html failure "Observer is notified within 15 seconds", leaking to test_alerts_noobserve.html or test_Microformats.html
- bug 595756 "DOMSVGLength.cpp(58) : error C2248: 'mozilla::DOMSVGLengthList::mItems' : cannot access private member declared in class 'mozilla::DOMSVGLengthList'"
- Fixed other projects bugs:
- [Thunderbird] bug 609926 'Quote Message' menuitem activation misbehaves
- Did some reviews
- Waiting on reviews:
Any other business?