SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.11
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.12
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- 1.5 Feature List, Planning
- 1.6 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.7 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- Released on December 9!
- Based on Gecko 184.108.40.206, target date TDB, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.17.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in early December; final to be decided later.
- We'll probably close for the beta2 once SyncUI has landed.
- Unsure how this fits Firefox 4 plans as they are still trying to get to their feature freeze.
- Firefox 4 now officially being in early 2011, which gives us a bit more time.
- As Firefox is now going RC in January, it makes sense to do a short-cycle b3 and try to match it with FF4RC. We can then make make b3 the final feature and string freeze, to be followed by 2.1pre.
- Beta 1 on PPC is broken.
- We have stopped PPC builds.
- We have converted our Mac boxes to 64bit switched Mac trunk to Intel 32/64bit universal builds.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 31 new, 27 fixed, 206 triaged.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
- SeaMonkey Triage Week - Report:
- 32 bugs moved to other products
- 201 bugs triaged in product SeaMonkey
- 44 bugs marked as CLOSEME 2011-02-01
- 14 bugs marked CLOSEME INVA/WONT?
- Unfortunately there were very few people outside the regular team and there weren't that many people doing triage. Perhaps the announcement was too short in time before the actual triage week.
- Next time, we should try to get an article on QMO. Aleksej seemed interested.
- Also doing smaller packages in shorter sprints e.g. 2 to 3 days would be less exhausting. In the second half of the week, the triage rate dropped significantly.
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- MReimer's drawing tablet broke some time back so he stopped working on theme icons. We should look into asking Mozilla's Direct Giving Program.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry
- bug 401417 Add an option for a search box in SeaMonkey toolbar
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]
- Waiting for Mnyromyr to implement persist functions in tabmail.
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil]
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- Done for geolocation, pwmgr and addonmgr. Except for lwthemes, which in firefox is currently a frankennotification. The install success is a notificationbox but the needs restart is a doorhanger.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar [mcsmurf]
- mcsmurf isn't around to report.
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
- Waiting for review of Preferences part, moved dialogs part to bug 618709. Still some way to go (themes part, dependent bugs) even after that. Feel free to take over the themes part (in a new bug)...
- bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow [Ratty].
- Fixed ui-review comments from stefanh. Waiting for review from IanN.
- bug 588067 Switch SeaMonkey to use omnijar for nightly/release builds [KaiRo]
- A first patch is up for review, slightly more work and testing needed for other platforms and edge cases.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 3 will be Gecko 2.0-based.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Triage Week
- Have a look at comments in bug 601091. Don't know if I can make any progress there before Christmas.
- bug 614274 (SM2.0.11) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.0.11.
- bug 614543 Specify a default hg user name on Linux slaves.
- bug 615459 configure deps not set correctly since LDAP move to hg.
- bug 573896 [Tracker] Callek needs to get access to edit seamonkeyproject-org.
- bug 613814 Port |bug 469880. Support a libnotify-based implementation of nsIAlertsService for GTK.| to c-c.
- bug 603919 nsHTMLInputElement.cpp: 'changed' event should be sent even if we can't store the last used directory (for <input type='file'>).
- bug 615196 [SeaMonkey 2.0, linux64 (dep) 'build'] new OTS code causes "/usr/bin/ld: gfxUserFontSet.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against 'ots::Process(...)' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC".
- bug 611029 - Move abSelectAddressesDialog.xul to /suite/mailnews.
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 606482 - _install_-updates preference wrongly labeled with "_check_ for".
- bug 573538 - No options for Safe-Mode
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition.
- bug 616498 Add Forms page to 2.0 and 2.1 docs
- Working on:
- Helped Callek to bring the 2.0.11 process further along and pushed it to the beta channel.
- Did most of the final steps for the 2.0.11 release, but improved documentation so Callek can take over more in the future.
- Added the new versions to the crash-stats server (bug 614306).
- Turned on check tests for Linux64 (bug 556668).
- Upgraded SeaMonkey buildmaster to buildbot 0.8 (bug 567035).
- Installed simplejson on Linux slaves (bug 618668).
- Filed a bug on Linux leak test hangs, possibly related to a problem with starting offline (bug 616520). This was a core bug that has been resolved.
- Updated patch on Firefox places cleanup (bug 588027).
- Filed a bug for retrieving the best available icon for a domain from favicon service (bug 615602).
- Tahoe Data Manager 1.3 is public on AMO now.
- Landed tab icon for Data Manager (bug 615014).
- Landed view loading code for Data Manager (bug 588418).
- Updated site-specific prefs patch for reviews and finally landed it (bug 386363).
- Worked on a patch for omnijarring SeaMonkey (bug 588067).
- Implemented warning for old builds with updates disabled (bug 581319), filed bug 618687 to get the same into Firefox.
- Made the bookmarks panel an arrow panel (bug 590105).
- Switched SeaMonkey website to new donation page (bug 618032).
- Got a new mailing list set up to talk organizational stuff that can't be public yet, but should have the core of the community involved.
- Published new SeaMonkey review rules.
- Got blog post out on the triage week.
- Took part in the SeaMonkey Triage Week.
- Synced the German localization with SeaMonkey trunk.
- Helped to get life look nice, reviewed and landed on trunk.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 600179 LDAP DLLs reference compiler debug DLLs when building a non-debug build.
- bug 609106 Add plugin-container.exe to ShimInclusionList via installer.
- bug 614220 Port Deferred Session restore - bug 588482.
- bug 617987 Port bug 596806 [Pass tab instead of browser to onTabAdd, onTabRemove].
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored.
- bug 597584 Port changes to session store from bug 586068 and bug 596806 to SeaMonkey.
- bug 455678 do correct cleanup after idcheck test.
- bug 486965 Prettify MailNews start page.
- bug 518545 middle click on scrollbar opens selected message in a new tab.
- bug 614587 client.py should allow to clone from HG via HTTPS.
- bug 616110 "Error: undefined entity // panels.rdf // sidebar.search.label" on profile first use.
- bug 530406 Search for "Age in days" uses "is" with "is less than" default, works fine when manually selected.
- bug 605972 Use balloon tips to notify new messages.
- bug 616815 CRs in nsComposerCmdLineHandler.manifest msgViewPickerOverlay.js pref-validation.xul.
- bug 616816 CRs in nsMsgXFViewThread.cpp nsIMailboxUrl.idl certFetchingStatus.js mimecms.cpp.
- bug 583317 Update status bar correctly after tab switching and Add calls to listeners for onUpdateCurrentBrowser. Port of bug 327604 and bug 331938.
- bug 593525 Deleting a mail message from a collapsed mail thread causes all the other messages to disappear from the subject pane but the next message in the thread appears in the message display window.
- bug 594776 Notifications for installing lwthemes with non-default themes (port bug 592338) [patch checked in].
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
- bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense.
- bug 615974 guess-msvc.bat doesn't actually show the guessed msvc...
- Society for the Eradication of DOS Line Endings:
- bug 616808 CRs in fullscreen-video.xhtml browser-charsetmenu.inc browser-tabPreviews.js.
- bug 616810 CRs in cl.py generatesnippet.py buildlist.py upload.py util.py implicit.py.
- bug 616811 CRs in aboutCacheEntry.css aboutCache.css LightweightThemeConsumer.jsm actions.dtd.
- bug 616812 CRs in nsTimeRanges.cpp PaintTracker.cpp PaintTracker.h.
- bug 616813 CRs in NSSErrorsService.h NSSErrorsService.cpp.
- bug 617578 Except on OS/2, non-customisable menubars don't display properly with lightweight themes.
- bug 618268 Tidy up the star panel a little.
- bug 116114 Links from Address Cards must have same behaviour as for links from MailNews.
- bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data in functions loading entries e.g. from places. [Part 1 loadURI() checked in]
- bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow. [Waiting for review]
- bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data [Part 2 openTabWith/openWindowWith].
- bug 617011 composeStartup() Fixups.
- bug 613199 URLBar FixUps [2010-11].
- postData followups including bug 600243 (fix postData handling in urlbarBinding's overrideValue).
- Implement bug 611162 browser.urlbar.doubleClickSelectsAll from the firefox urlbar binding.
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- Bug Triage Week: Followed up on triaged bugs and closing several of them (INVALID, WONTFIX, WORKSFORME]. Confirmed a few as NEW. Commented on others.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- Have not taken another help bug because I don't have spare time these days, sorry.
- Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 545343 Port |Bug 526451 - allow to build gconf and gnomevfs/gio support independently| to comm-central
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 615045 [SeaMonkey] check: TestTXMgr.cpp (nsITransactionManager tests) intermittently times out in "Aggregate Transaction Stress Test"
- bug 615923 mochitests-2: intermittent "test_fallback.html | Exited with code 1 during test run" (ASSERTION: XPConnect is being called on a scope without a 'Components' property!)
- bug 369034 TestTXMgr has error and leaks object
- bug 508760 Remove MSVC6 support from the tree
- bug 589471 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-plain-5] permanent "toolkit/components/satchel/test/test_form_submission.html | Test timed out."
- bug 615546 SimpleTest.finish() should be asynchronous
- Did some reviews
- bug 613358 Polish the mailNews search dialog on Mac and also fix some obsolete styles (all OS).
- Working on:
- Waiting on reviews:
- bug 611759 [Pinstripe] Remove '-moz-appearance: treeheadersortarrow' from listbox.css/tree.css.
Any other business?
- William saying that not all people sent their reimbursement papers for the Vienna meeting, that's why he hasn't processed them.
- Has William written to the people where he's missing something? Some people (like Aqualon) don't need any reimbursement for example.
- When Mozilla 2.0 branches, we'll move to having 2.1* be fromm comm-central + mozilla-2.0, so is it OK to make comm-central + mozilla-central be 2.2a1pre then?
- 2.5 or 3.0 would be nice. However since that's some time in the future we can decide later but at the moment we should set the trunk to 2.2a1pre after mozilla-2.0 branches. We can always change version numbers to something, higher, but not something lower (due to the update system).
- Due to the Christmas holidays, most people won't be around much on the 28th so the next meeting shall be in four weeks time on 11th January, same Bat Channel, same Bat Time!