From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


  • Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank?
    • werwolf
  • Is there a step after nomination? a vote? a blackball?
    • How about we use whatever rules they are using for Friends of the Tree [1]?
    • If we do it like "Friends of the Tree" in Mozilla, it's just the notion that it's there.
    • MoMo has been sending T-shirts to those people, but we can't afford that at this moment.

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.


  • IanN to email Fallen to get some cooperation for getting a version of Lightning that is compatible with SeaMonkey 2.1 out on AMO.


  • Mnyromyr to coordinate the SeaMonkey response to this years Google Summer of Code.



  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
    • At the "State of the Map - Europe" OpenStreetMap conference, KaiRo will try to get people to team up and create an open service.

SeaMonkey 2.0.14

open blockers (1) blocker requests (0) fixed (27)

  • Based on Gecko, target April 26, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.19.
  • Pushed to "beta" overnight, no announcement for testers sent yet, any Council free to do it for me --Justin Wood (Callek)
  • We are dependent on Fx 3.5.19 so if they respin due to bug 650522 so must we.

SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3

targeted (0) fixed (119)

  • Has been SHIPPED on 08 April, ~3660 downloads and ~940 ADU so far,

SeaMonkey 2.1

open blockers (6) blocker requests (2) targeted (2) fixed (9)

  • Firefox 4.0 was released on 22nd March.
  • Don't fear being aggressive with blocker triage, If it isn't needed it doesn't block. By that same token, if you are able to fix a blocker please try and work on them before tackling any other bugs.
  • Help patches can go in at anytime.

Further 2.1 scheduling:

  • Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
  • 2.1pre should be followed by our release (candidate), which most likely will be based on Gecko 2.0.1 (which is now available).
  • Callek has been working on getting comm-2.0 branch in place and live which will be used for SM2.1.
    • Branch process for comm-20 started on 18 April.
  • We should release within 6 weeks from FF4.
    • We're still on schedule for early May release.
  • There might not be any more official security updates to the 1.9.1 branch after the upcoming one, so we should get a stable release based on Mozilla 2.0 out as soon as we can.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 44 new, 24 fixed, 24 triaged.

Open reviews/flags: 33 review 11 super-review 0 ui-review 6 feedback

Major wanted/needed features:


  • bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
    • Implementation moved to bug 595810.
    • Only lwthemes doorhangers are left to do.
    • NO l10n-impact
  • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
    • Moved to

We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted Also the nominations need triaging.

  • We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
    • Lightning 1.0b4 seems to be targeted to be Gecko 2.0-based.
    • Due to recent Lightning patches/fixes, Lightning nightlies are now working again on SM trunk.
    • IanN to email Fallen to get some cooperation for getting a version of Lightning that is compatible with SeaMonkey 2.1 out on AMO.

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
    • The rest is unowned so far.
  • bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
    • No l10n impact
    • (InvisibleSmiley: ) Neil said "Actually our location bar history doesn't and can't use autocomplete at all.", moving to

For now only a drop zone for those that surely will not make 2.1 any more.

  • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
    • A lot of untangling needs to go on between the 3 editors that we have. We can expect a bit of code cleanup for 2.1 but full customization has to go to as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.

Roundtable - Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).




Release Engineering

  • Released: SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 (bug 647928).
  • Fixed:
    • bug 648202 Fix the polling for comm-2.0, to poll against mozilla-2.0 release branch.
    • bug 649280 cb-sea-miniosx64-*: upgrade Yasm to v1.1 from v1.0.
    • bug 649798 change surf warning from nagios that results when hg is down.
    • bug 650552 Switch SeaMonkey 2.1 to build out of comm-2.0 and mozilla2.0.
    • bug 650724 Update the tree-closure hook for c-c based apps for comm-2.0.
    • bug 650725 Update comm-2.0 to pull from mozilla-2.0 by default.
    • bug 650727 Disallow building on comm-2.0 without mozilla-2.0[ish] clone.
    • bug 650729 Update (and deploy) cctbpl changes for SeaMonkey2.1 (comm-2.0) branching.
    • bug 650731 Update repo location for nagios script for comm-2.0 nightly checks.
  • Working on:
    • bug 631864 Investigate why [or fix] mac (trunk) repacks being uploaded to mac/ rather than mac64/.
    • bug 643324 Enable the shared checkouts from CCMercurialBuildFactory.
    • bug 646723 Install kypM-ssh on windows slaves.
    • Build and release of SeaMonkey 2.0.14 (bug 650598.

Other stuff

  • Working on:
    • bug 640464 Develop a way for tests in mozilla-central to be overridden in a suite build.


  • Fixed:
    • bug 85655 - paste into TO: line ignores email addresses after CR in compose window.
    • bug 451960 - s/observes=/command=/g in /editor/ui/*
    • bug 479647 - remove intl.charset.default from
    • bug 601562 - Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to PluginProblem.css
    • bug 647322 - Port |Bug 640649 - Remove unused cmd_file| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 647685 - mailNavigatorOverlay.xul is 60% script.
  • Checkin-needed:
    • bug 366774 - Remove unused preference bidi.characterset
  • Needs Review:
    • bug 480696 - Add ifdef MOZ_UPDATER for the app update preferences UI and help menu.
  • Working On:
    • bug 56365 - mailOverlay.xul abuses <script>...</script>
    • bug 566440 - APP Update dialog is to wide with modern
  • Investigating:
    • bug 112356 - No option to leave email messages on server when creating new account


  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
  • Fixed:
    • bug 647481 Remove nsInt64, nsUint64 and nsTime from comm-central
    • bug 647000 Remove use of nsAutoLock from comm-central (addressbook part)
    • bug 647003 Remove use of nsAutoLock from LDAP SDK code
    • bug 638964 Allow customization of formatting toolbar in Mail Composition [TB]
    • bug 648720 Build failure in ../mailnews/base/src/nsMsgRDFDataSource.cpp
  • Waiting for review on:
    • bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
    • bug 650885 Make better use of menuitem and command elements relating to editing already in utilityOverlay
  • Waiting for comm-central to open:
    • bug 643788 Move cmd_exportToText, cmd_preview and cmd_editSendPage out of editorOverlay
  • Working on:
    • bug 335375 changing accesskey on a <broadcaster> via an overlay doesn't propagate to its <toolbarbutton>
    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
    • Prefs-in-a-tab.


  • Fixed:
    • bug 647898 Links from SeaMonkey Nightly Builds page are broken
    • bug 559891 Update README for 2.1
    • bug 648723 SeaMonkey "New for 2.1" links do nothing, maybe should be "Features/2.1"
    • bug 647937 Create 2.1 Beta 3 Release Notes
    • bug 612172 Update Modern for Sync UI
    • bug 647936 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.1b3 release
    • bug 648781 Add support for Firefox's -search command line option
  • Working On:
    • bug 615950 Port FF4 Sync UI changes after initial set included in bug 576970


  • Talked through some crash analysis workflows in a CrashKill team meeting to be able to explain those to the Socorro team on the all-hands.
  • Refined my thoughts on prioritizing work somewhat.
  • Regularly generated "explosiveness" reports locally and uploaded them, looked at signatures it brought up, filed bugs where needed, commented on others, tried to point some to the right people to get them fixed.
  • Attended the Mozilla all-hands and discussed a lot of status and planning with a number of people in the CrashKill and Socorro teams as well as other Mozilla employees.
  • Created wiki pages and filed bugs for some outcomes from all-hands discussions.
  • Helped the SeaMonkey 2.0.13 release by getting the announcements out the door (bug 644287).
  • Got the new SeaMonkey 2.1b3 and 2.1pre versions up on crash-stats (bug 647935).
  • Landed the SeaMonkey patch for installing built-in extensions into the profile (bug 627240).
  • Did some reviews for SeaMonkey build and release infrastructure.
  • Got the train rolling again on new build machines for SeaMonkey (bug 572395).
  • Had some discussions at the all-hands with Standard8, khuey, ted and others on how to go forward on the comm-central build system.
  • Did some more updates to EarlyBlue and LCARStrek for SeaMonkey 2.1 and, for the latter, some more work to get it to run on Firefox 4.
  • Cared that L10n dashboard works for SeaMonkey with both the 2.1-targeted "branch" and the development trunk going forward.
  • Signed off locales for the SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 release (bug 647637).
  • Did a number of updates of the German localization to catch up with all the changes leading up to the L10n freeze for SeaMonkey 2.1, and completed those in time for the Beta 3 release.
  • As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.




  • Did some reviews.
  • Working on Venkman bug 452288 Allow ignoring NS_ERROR_NO_INTERFACE errors.
  • This year's gSoC proposals for Mozilla as such are very weak in toto, ideas for mail/news related stuff are very scarce — some remotely related seek to improve instant messsaging in Instandbird. SeaMonkey received no student applications. :-(



Did some reviews.


  • bug 639338 Unable to specify XBL modifiers for all possible mouse events. [Core]
  • bug 641330 maxrows="10" doesn't work.
  • bug 642404 <autocomplete disablehistory="false"> does not display correctly on Linux.
  • bug 647877 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-browser-chrome: browser_library_infoBox.js fails since 2011.04.02.
  • bug 648101 browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent misses links opened in foreground.
  • bug 648844 localized text in extension download tooltip doesn't fit.

Working on:

  • bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
  • bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense. [Core]
  • bug 614479 [trunk] Send To Mail Recipient not working, MAPI broken.
  • bug 626716 Remove VC7.1 support code. [Core]
  • bug 650950 Simplify DOMMouseScroll event handler [Firefox].


Bugs fixed:

  • bug 648738 [Modern 2.1] mozapps/places/defaultFavicon.png.
  • bug 648760 [Modern 2.1] Implement aboutCache.css and aboutCacheEntry.css.

Working on:

  • Updating the global styles in Modern.
    • bug 650511 [Modern 2.1] global fixes: autocomplete.css to menulist.css.


  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.
  • End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.



  • Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
    • bug 644433 Bump SeaMonkey version on trunk for post-2.1 development
  • Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
    • bug 650852 Add a COMM_2_0_BASE tag to comm-central (and comm-2.0)
  • Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
    • bug 605701 Make WIN32_REDIST_DIR support stricter and more explicit
    • bug 607544 Remove DDRAW junk from configure, missed part
    • bug 647404 fix extractZip() and installExtension() issues from bug 573263, affecting bug 647394
    • bug 647414 Distributed extensions should be automatically installed into temporary testing profile
    • bug 228448 Remove '=='/'!=' 'PR_FALSE'/'PR_TRUE'
    • bug 508760 Remove MSVC6 support from the tree
    • bug 599748 Remove custom |def check_call()|, now that Python 2.4 is unsupported


  • Did some reviews.
  • Working on:
    • bug 621546 [Mac Classic] Missing visual keyboard focus in MailNews filter edit dialog.
    • bug 643323 [Mac Default] Need disabled icon for 'Subscribe to This Page' in Bookmarks toolbar menu.
    • bug 649136 [Mac Default] directory.css shouldn't use old-style icons.
    • bug 650642 [Pinstripe] Make the filterdialog and the advanced search dialogs look better [TB].

Any other business?

  • Another Triage Day or Triage Week.
    • A week was too long the last time. We don't have the resources to tie up for a week.
    • We should limit it to two or three days mid-week. Contiguous days would be better so as not to lose momentum.
    • Any Triage event is probably feasible only after the Easter Holidays.
    • tonymec says that around mid-May preferably Wednesday thru Friday would be doable for him. So we have provisionally blocked off 18th-20th May, but we will need to confirm this at next status meeting in a fortnight.
    • Tentative suggestion: European evenings (20h-24h CEST) three days in a row but we need Aqualon's feedback as he led the last Triage Event.