SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 3 April, 2012, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> mcsmurf and Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
- Px for doing a lot of bug triaging in the last two weeks (Nominated by Ratty, seconded by IanN).
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- IanN to arrange with Jeff to send a tee-shirt or something to Serge (FotFT).
- No response from Serge to email, will try contacting on IRC.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 2.9b2 shipped March 30.
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- Basics moved to new Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Lightning 1.4b2 doesn't seem to work with SM 2.9b2. :-(
- Lightning installs but the UI integration is broken.
- Actually this is bug 736717, i.e. a l10n issue. Planned to be solved with Lightning 1.4b3.
- Firebug 1.10a6 works with trunk, all issues solved. :-)
- Lightning 1.4b2 doesn't seem to work with SM 2.9b2. :-(
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 2.8 had ~78,300 ADU by last Tuesday and 2.8 has had ~100,300 downloads so far.
- Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 15.7% on 2.0, 5.5% on 2.1-2.3, 3.8% on 2.4, 3.1% on 2.5, 5.5% on 2.6, 10.8% on 2.7 and 55.6% on 2.8. So, in the last two weeks, ~2k (an additional 1.4% of ADU) have migrated to 2.6 or above.
- Still a large, but slowly decreasing, chunk of users on 2.0.x.
- Figure out what is preventing people from moving from 2.0.x to the latest versions.
- Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.)
- Perhaps putting resources into getting certain extensions working with SM 2.4 and above (those that won't work with SM 2.7 automatically due to compatible-by-default extensions).
- Still need volunteers to look at what is keeping people at below 2.4. IanN could try knocking something up and send it round members lists for polishing but he's not on all the channels (mozillazine, etc) to post it to when finished.
- Are some Linux distributions are still stuck on 2.0? We have data on OSes and OS versions in the raw data in the Mozilla metrics.
- metrics.mozilla.org now provides us a breakdown of versions against OS.
- There seems to be a very small number of 2.0.x users on OSes not supported by later versions. We even have some users on windows 7 using 2.0x! Fortunately Windows 8 users are at least using 2.7.
- Darwin 9.8 is last version with PPC support, so those people may stuck on old versions because of that.
- Usual reminders moved to new Basics sub page.
- One tracked 2.5 issue still open.
- 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14 and the ka l10n maintainers have not yet updated for changes in later SeaMonkey versions.
- Callek now needs to morph bug 667147 into removing |ka| from our [current] automation entirely (all-locales). Callek will look at best locale to transition any ka users to.
- Plan is to migrate ka users to en-US with a english dialog saying they are out of date, and a link to the all-locales page if there is a language they understand better. Current ADU of ka alone is 3-5 individuals, so low impact.~Callek
- Callek and ewong are working on this and they should be able to get this done by the time 2.9 ships.
- One regression issue noted for 2.8: bug 735946 Browser is not not focused when opening links from external applications. Fixed on trunk, approval requested for Aurora and Beta.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 44 new, 30 fixed, 51 triaged.
- Great triaging effort! :-)
- Px was especially active the last two weeks.
- Major wanted/needed features moved to new Feature List page.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
Usual reviews and approvals.
Lots of Bug Triage.
- bug 740754 Most of SeaMonkey builds report "FAIL: graph server unreachable" (graphs-old.mozilla.org) since March 28th, 2012.
- bug 741159 aus2-community cronjob e-mail update [Server Ops].
- bug 728930 Move Mozconfigs into Source Tree (SeaMonkey/RelEng).
- bug 728597 Merge SeaMonkey build-tools back to official build-tools repo.
- bug 741082 [sea-win32-02] "create aus previous upload dir failed".
- bug 494421 Use Google as network geolocation provider.
- bug 591848 SeaMonkey linux and Windows machines need device support for sound enabled.
- bug 721516 migrate seamonkey systems out of sjc1/scl2 and into scl3/scl1.
- bug 724968 Move seamonkey HP DL120G7's and Mac Mini's from SCL2 to SCL3.
- bug 726692 move cb-aussstage01 out of sjc1.
- bug 730054 new racks in scl1.
- Investigate SeaMonkey port of bug 616470 Pick up buildbot code for not needing to close the tree during tagging.
- bug 709819 - entries in languages menu of context menu get multiplied several times
- Needs Review:
- Working On:
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 736625 en-GB localization for DOM Inspector 2.0.11
- Waiting for review on:
- bug 725093 Update en-GB for Gecko 12.0 (mozilla-aurora)
- bug 725109 Update en-GB for Firefox 12.0 (mozilla-aurora)
- bug 725111 Update en-GB for Editor 12 (comm-aurora)
- bug 725121 Update en-GB for Thunderbird 12.0 (comm-aurora)
- bug 725179 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.9
- bug 725187 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.9 Help
- bug 725363 Update en-GB for Calendar/Lightning 1.4
- bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
- Waiting for dependent bug to be checked in:
- bug 720661 Display account central when no default account / no accounts setup
- Waiting for additional review on:
- Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
- bug 689253 Update en-GB for Mobile 10.0 (comm-aurora)
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Knock something up finding out why users are not upgrading to 2.4+ and send it around members lists for polishing.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- bug 741036 Website changes for Release pulled from Mirrors
- bug 740966 Port Sync UI parts of |bug 730989 - Refactor identity and authentication management|
- bug 740704 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.9 Beta 2
- bug 738486 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.9 Beta 1
- bug 736968 pre-release warning on 2.8 release notes
- bug 736818 Port |bug 653038 - Replacement image for sync-bg.png smaller optimized PNG|
- bug 724311 Start page JS (upgrade nagging) fails to identify 2.10a1 nightly correctly
- bug 703687 Revise help links to external resources
- bug 698038 Update Preferences help for the new section to control crash report submission.
- Working on bug 732027 Port |bug 575955 Replace internal usage of old transactions shim.
- Busy with "the next big thing" :-)
- bug 641064 Pressing Alt+D on Location Bar doesn't select entire address.
- bug 733687 Persist (remember) expanded state of File Bookmark folder tree.
- bug 739049 Bookmark edit panels do not expand correctly.
- bug 737022 Re-enable strict warnings while parsing XUL [Core].
- bug 737260 Concurrent tabs preference doesn't update correctly.
- bug 738054 Setting :focus in DOM pseudoClass dialog doesn't work [DOMi].
- bug 739817 Selecting an entry from URL bar history should clear the current favicon.
- bug 739965 Expose some of the webconsole API as an interim measure.
- bug 71008 [RFE] Account Wizard should allow setting of different SMTP server.
- bug 684746 Data Manager doesn't support many content blocker permissions.
- bug 639202 Doorhanger breaks F6 navigation to the Location Bar.
- bug 736735 notification.css: Use inheritance instead of non-performant css [toolkit].
- bug 736738 Make it easier for applications and extensions to overlay the customize toolbar window [toolkit].
- bug 738163 resource://gre/modules/mailServices.js should be resource:///modules/mailServices.js.
- bug 731264 Support with multiple toolboxes in MailNews due to Lighting Calendar and Task Tabs.
- bug 694786 Remove hard coded dependency on xpinstallItemGeneric.png from notification.xml.
- Did some reviews and bug fixing mentoring.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 726521 Port |Bug 658738 - [meta] We seem to be leaking hundreds of windows until shutdown during browser-chrome tests| to SeaMonkey
- bug 730849 Port |Bug 613588 - (livemarksIO) Replace livemarks with asynchronous load-on-demand livemarks (was: Livemarks cause synchronous I/O during txul)| to SeaMonkey, tests
- bug 735567 Stop packaging 'about' redirectors that bug 728478 merged
- bug 735618 Don't try to package MSVC dlls if WIN32_REDIST_DIR is not set, in SeaMonkey
- bug 738883 Complete UrlClassifier packaging in SeaMonkey
- bug 738884 Investigate adding MOZ_URL_CLASSIFIER=1 (url-classifier) to SeaMonkey
- bug 741061 Port |Bug 736688 - Re-implement <iframe mozbrowser> in JS| to SeaMonkey
- bug 741068 "err is not defined" at "nsSuiteGlue.js line: 752"
- Fixed (or in-progress) MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 718190 Intermittent orange on Windows | TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | test_over2GBMailboxes.js (NS_ERROR_FILE_NO_DEVICE_SPACE)
- Fixed Core bugs:
- bug 483555 dom-level1 and dom-level2 Mochitests reports miss test url
- bug 483992 9 dom-level1-core and 4 dom-level2-html Mochitests run fine(?) but need to check/report success(/failure?)
- bug 604266 Remove '--disable-installer' option and 'MOZ_INSTALLER' variable
- bug 697147 configure.in: remove useless MOZ_INSTALLER= for Android
- bug 712552 Remove MSVC6 support from trace-malloc
- bug 733269 [SeaMonkey] "Error loading URL http://mochi.test:8888/redirect.html : 804b0002 (NS_BINDING_ABORTED)"
- bug 735573 "Failed to setup pref service" on first-run from ResetAndReadUserPrefs
- bug 735805 mochitests that run no tests should fail
- bug 736905 [SeaMonkey] "a11y/accessible/relations/test_ui_modalprompt.html | Test timed out."
- bug 737454 Intermittent test_bug518777.html | Test timed out
- bug 739008 [SeaMonkey] "test_sts_privatebrowsing.html | [SimpleTest.finish()] No checks actually run"
- bug 739927 "TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/dom/tests/mochitest/dom-level1-core/test_characterdatadeletedatanomodificationallowederr.html | entElementContentNotNull" and more, reported though not counted
- Fixed other projects bugs:
- [ChatZilla] bug 736345 Bump ChatZilla compatibility for Firefox 14.0 / SeaMonkey 2.11
- [DOMi] bug 733373 DOMi compatibility: Use '.*' instead of 'a1' syntax, to support *-aurora/beta/release (but not *-central)
- [Firefox] bug 482911 [HTML5] Re-implement bookmarks.html parsing using the HTML5 parser
- [Firefox] bug 735312 Still unable to import bookmarks from IE on initial import wizard
- [Firefox] bug 735810 Don't try to package MSVC dlls if WIN32_REDIST_DIR is not set, in Firefox
- [Venkman] bug 732745 (Venkman_0.9.89) Release Venkman 0.9.89
- [Venkman] bug 736346 Bump Venkman compatibility for Firefox 14.0 / SeaMonkey 2.11 / Thunderbird 14.0 / (Gecko) Toolkit 14.0
- [XulRunner] bug 697150 buildbot-configs/*: remove --disable-installer uses
Working on bug 735946 SM 2.8 Mac - SM Not Returned to Open from Minimize to Dock.
Not much new that comes to my mind. I'll try to be a little more active this fortnight but this is not a firm promise, just a declaration of intent. (Cleared about half of my thousand or so pending bugmail over the weekend; now I'll be looking at the rest.)
Any other business?
- Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.
- For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we're not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.
- No news to date. Callek will have to reach out to his MoCo legal contact again soonish.
- Test failures
- qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.
- Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
- tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
- IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
- Serge to do a write up and send it to Ratty to propagate to the community.
- Ratty is still waiting for Serge.