SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 19 February, 2013, 13:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 9pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Good First Bugs
- 1.8 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.9 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
- None this time.
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- Intermittent issue with Mac OSX64 Debug Leak log comprehension. Issue tracked in bug 774844. Also see possibly related Thunderbird bug 806492..
- We had to "hide" the buildmaster web interface from the public recently. If you're on the "Needs access" list but don't have access touch base with Callek and he will evaluate your access on a case-by-case basis, be prepared to explain WHY you need access to said interface.
- Two remaining machines on Parallels are the buildmaster (cb-seamonkey-linuxmaster-01) and Linux64 (cb-seamonkey-linux64-01). These need to be migrated to ESX. Specifically:
- sea-vm-linux64-1 will replace cb-seamonkey-linux64-01 (and is ready to go)
- sea-master1 will replace the current buildmaster.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed.11
- Awaiting puppetmaster fully prepared to instantiate as Linux Mock-Based slaves
- sea-puppet (one of said hp machines) is ready to be configured as a puppet master (bug 827079), needs audit of the manifests and settings creation.
- We are unable to use this to instantiate Ubuntu slaves (the newer test platform Firefox is moving to) until/unless we can get more HD space on the host, will treat that as a low priority until other higher need items are done.
- All trunk platforms are red due to bug 746277 landing. There is a workaround patch in bug 842106 [Fixed].
- Windows platform builds are broken by (bug 842341). bug 842445 is to migrate our Win builders to use pymake by default.
- Windows platform builds are doubly broken due to mozilla-central checkin for bug 839031.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* soon, we hope. Jcrammer is working on this.
- For some reason Mac nightlies are out of date. Also L10n Mac builds seem to be missing.
- Mcsmurf will file a bug on the broken L10n Mac builds (-central and -aurora).
- 2.16 Beta 4 shipped on Friday 8th February.
- 2.16 Beta 5 shipped on Friday 15th February.
- SeaMonkey 2.16 will ship later today.
Too many betas:
- mcsmurf/IanN think that we can reduce the number to three or four. Mail has been sent to seamonkey-members to discuss this.
- Ewong says there is normally 1 beta per week, but due to Callek being in TOR a few weeks ago the betas got pushed together.
- Callek to drive this conversation to a final outcome within next 2 weeks.
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- the Session Manager extension has stopped working. Tonymec filed a bug on their bugzilla (Mozdev Bug 25339).
- TB's new release cycle seems to effect Lightning: There is currently no version compatible with SM 2.16 betas on AMO, and only a beta version (2.0b1) compatible with SM 2.15.x.
- Callek is discussing with the lightning team about doing releases for SM in some way.
- Shipped extensions (DOMI, CZ, Venkman) compatibility
- Extensions are now compatible by default thus mitigating the issue. Although some people still disable c-b-d and run into issues.
- The automatic compatibility review has detected an incompatibility between ChatZilla and "Firefox 18" (probably meaning also SeaMonkey 2.15). One-liner bug 825750 has been fixed. Chatzilla bug 829597 (Proxy connections completely broken by bug 769764) has also been fixed.
- Our build team (Callek, ewong, Serge) needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- sgautherie thinks that the current DOMi branches/tags are not suitable for automatic SeaMonkey branch selection.
- Need some traction on this. IanN spoke to Serge at MozCampEU. Serge is waiting for Callek/ewong to agree what needs to happen and to say what is workable or not.
- In the past Serge often pushed this forward for us. But with Serge on a sabbatical, Ewong thinks he should talk to Callek in getting this automated.
- For 2.15, compat bumps were done as lined out in bug 808426.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 2.15 had ~135,300 ADU by Tuesday 12th February and 2.15.2 has had ~69,700 downloads so far.
- Of the released versions, as of Tuesday 12th, we have 7.7% on 2.0, 2.5% on 2.1-2.3, 3.0% on 2.4-2.6, 3.9% on 2.7-2.9, 6.1% on 2.10-2.12, 4.9% on 2.13, 7.2% on 2.14 and 64.8% on 2.15.
- Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.). This even more applies to 2.10 which dropped support for Win2k and WinXP without SP2, and 2.14 dropping Mac OS X 10.5 support.
- We now have a webpage for latest builds available for "Legacy Platforms" like PPC (bug 759315)
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don't depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- bug 839298 One True JSON file of build information. Fixed in:
- bug 842254 Thunderbird/SeaMonkey comm-central builds fail with "KeyError: 'MOZ_APP_VENDOR'".
- bug 746277 Replace shell pipelines with make logic around hg invocations. Fixed in:
- bug 842106 Permanent red: /installer/package-name.mk:143 …….
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 737615 Remove use of synchronous cache API from unit tests. Tracked in:
- bug 804972 Remove synchronous calls to nsICacheSession::openCacheEntry in SeaMonkey tests.
- Mcsmurf says this is almost fixed but there was a test failure. He will close this bug and open a new one for the failure.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default --disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above.
- IanN says he will look into these issues. Ewong is also working on bug 794772.
- bug 835543 Remove class "nsNavHistoryFullVisitResultNode" because it's never used or instantiated, and remove its interface nsINavHistoryFullVisitResultNode. Tracked in:
- bug 834457 Remove deprecated synchronous APIs from Places. Tracked in:
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 37 new, 18 fixed, 4 triaged.
- Low triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- Ratty suggests featuring one or more bugs from that page at each meeting.
- Featured helpwanted bugs:
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
Good First Bugs
- Note: The GFB list is open to all including our regular contributors.
- Ratty is working on an updated GFB list, suggestions welcome.
- New GFBs recently added:
- Currently there are 24 GFBs open, 2 are being actively worked on. bug 735333 needs some help getting this running on the try-server. Mcsmurf is assisting.
- List of Open mentored bugs.
- Ratty notes that there are 23 bugs that are GFBs but without the mentor keyword. These need to be audited to see if they are really suitable as GFBs.
- In the last two weeks since the previous meeting:
- [FIXED] bug 795158 Switch to Services.jsm. Patches have been checked in. Thanks to Archaeopteryx for all the hard work!
- bug 735333 Use Services.prefs instead of preferences-service / gPrefService, in SeaMonkey code. Mcsmurf will check in the Services.prefs patches soon. IanN says that once this is done, it's worth asking people who use trunk to give those areas a good test, because we have regressed before with Services.jsm landings.
- Mcsmurf did some testing on this, but need to check how to "discover" JS bugs, as they don't generate TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL in the log.
- bug 752331 Atul had to give up on this bug due to illness. Ratty will leave this open for the time being.
- Mentors of stalled bugs should try to communicate with the assignees and if they can't work on them any more to unassign/free up those bugs.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 837570 Fix OSX64 buildage from |bug 780561 (new-packager) Overhaul the packager|.
- bug 838978 Add SeaMonkey 2.16 Beta 4 to bouncer.
- bug 840957 Add SeaMonkey 2.16 Beta 5 to bouncer.
- bug 841986 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.16 Beta 5.
- bug 841627 Add SeaMonkey 2.16 to bouncer.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3.
- bug 817383 SeaMonkey needs new (public) GPG key, in order to support signing releases properly.
- bug 827079 Setup SeaMonkey PuppetMaster.
- bug 827178 Update stage.m.o cron to match recent changes with ffxbld cron.
- bug 624432 - Port |Bug 337964 - changing account during message composing doesn't apply signing prefs from new account| to SeaMonkey
- bug 739056 - Port |Bug 715099 - Convert nsProfileMigrator to JS so we can use JS modules on migration| to SeaMonkey
- bug 807326 - Context menu Search should be available in textareas/inputs as well (Port Bug 565717)
- bug 837988 - Remove 1.9.1 and 2.0 builders from the builders config.
- Working On:
- bug 633937 - Port bug 562048 to suite.
- bug 813844 - Port confvars.sh changes from Bug 718067 and package.manifest.in changes from Bug 808219 (Firefox Health Reporter service)
- bug 834690 - Port |Bug 569342 - Find bar should not be enabled in about:addons| to SeaMonkey
- bug 834691 - Port |Bug 632233| to SeaMonkey (XULBrowserWindow.onLocationChange looks for a "disablefastfind" attribute in all content documents before ruling them out)
- bug 837649 - [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 - Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 840427 - Migrate SeaMonkey builders to using mock
- To Do:
- Some testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 827019 404 error when using Chambers (UK) search
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for review:
- bug 837408 Add en-GB locale to gaia
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
- Working on:
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- bug 689253 Add en-GB locale to Firefox for Android
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- bug 834493 Drop livemarks support from SMILE.
- bug 839936 SeaMonkey Windows nightly builds fail in content/base/test because command line is too long (32k char limit).
- bug 837101 Include Google search snippet on SeaMonkey website.
- bug 819671 [SeaMonkey] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL browser_367052.js | the tab was restored without any history whatsoever.
- bug 834498 Remove usage of setPageTitle and isVisited from Seamonkey's tests
- bug 833988 Convert nsMsgCompose::BuildMailListArray nsISupportsArray argument to something better.
- bug 837399 Ability to hide placeholder for click to play.
- bug 836702 Port front-end changes from bug 836120.
- bug 837492, bug 837493, bug 837496, bug 837510, bug 841616, bug 841230 Per-window Private Browsing.
Working on, but would appreciate feedback:
- bug 838888 Web Console sidebar.
Waiting for review:
- bug 842194 Download manager does not update when removing download.
- bug 842191 Implement notifications for mixed content blocker.
- bug 831993 convert nsISupportsArray m_serversToGetNewMailFor variable from nsPop3IncomingServer.cpp to something better.
Still waiting for review:
- bug 831485 _virtualenv and mozilla/_virtualenv in each c-c objdir. (Callek?)
- bug 829208 External API build busted after bug 807678. (Standard8)
- bug 838526 make package broken due to missing packages (Port Firefox bugs: bug 831683 and bug 836206).
- bug 838537 Unable to Build with VS2008SP1/VC9 since bug 836927.
- bug 840911 After bug 822490 cannot build TimeStamp_windows.cpp with VS2008/VC9.
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Any other business?
- Private Browsing
- Now that the per-window private browsing backend has been turned on for all applications (it was available in Gecko 20 with a confvars.sh change) Neil has morphed bug 460895 into a meta bug for implementing the front end and filed some dependent bugs already.
- The next Bug Day: Tonymec says either some time after Easter holiday, or during the holiday, depending what we decide. Easter holiday in Belgium is 1-14 April this year. Exact date TBD.
- Test failures
- qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.
- Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
- Tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
- IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
- Ratty to liaise with Serge when he gets back on doing a write up how the community can help us with this.