From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


  • Who's taking minutes? -> frg
  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
    • njsg for website patches and support work

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.



  • mozillaZine might close.
    • IanN offered to take mozillaZine over but has not heard back from the owner.
    • Frank Lion set up a forum at SeaMonkey Board for SeaMonkey support issues and discussion.
    • mozillaZine user "Wish You Were Here" has set up a phpBB forum at SeaMonkey Usergroup.
    • No progress or reply in the last three months. Forum and knowledge base are still functional.
  • For future macOS releases we might need an Apple Developer ID and notarization process. See Notarizing Your App Before Distribution.
  • The project areas on the website need further updates to reflect the current responsibilities after some long time developers and maintainers left the project. bug 1356106 has already been filed.
  • Planning the future of SeaMonkey with a new infrastructure is in progress.
    • The documentation on the website needs to be updated for recent build config changes. frg can support anyone who wants to do this.
    • ewong started thinking about the servers needed for hosting releases and builds.
      • We are unsure how much traffic we need. WG9s might be able to help out initially with hosting builds.
    • IanN and frg do de-mozilla website changes in bug 1515507.
  • daniel mentioned that Azure Pipelines (build agent) is now free to use and also included free build time for Open Source projects.
    • ewong will look into it. It might be useful in the future to save us money. Currently we first set up Jenkins.
    • ewong has been looking at Kallithea, RhodeCode and other similar tools which are needed later to automate source code management for non mozilla repos (tools, website and others).
  • We want to create a gitlab patch/fixes repo for classic XUL extensions.
    • IanN is looking into it.


  • Moznet irc will be shut down at the end of the week. The entry for moznet irc needs to be removed from the website support section. The SeaMonkey freenode irc channel is already listed.

Status of the SeaMonkey Infrastructure

  • We are building up a new infrastructure using Azure.
    • Jenkins is being set up on the builders.
      • ewong is setting up automated jobs using the current 2.53 and up mozconfig files. This will still take some time.
      • Also evaluation of Ansible and Terraform going together with it is done.
    • Cloning the mozilla- repos is problematic. They are huge and the process is slow.
      • Incremental updates need to be done whenever possible later.
    • ewong waits for info from mhoye to be able to work out traffic requirements.
  • Please see Infrastructure Status
  • frg thinks we should move the config files for building out of the source tree as much as possible.
    • IanN remarked that they are tied to the version in the tree.
    • Discussion for later when setting up jenkins. Even buildbot had some version specific files outside the tree.
  • Some Capacity planning to find the best price/performance ratio is carried out.
    • Other than azure hosting options because of price are also evaluated.
  • Our gitlab project repos are now public.
    • The 2.53.1 Final source is public and available.
    • Other repos for 2.57 and l10n will follow.
    • Patches will still be done via bugzilla first and then checked into hg or git by a peer.
    • Mozilla does this to a degree. See Mozilla gecko-dev repo as an example.
  • We are waiting for Mozilla to transfer the SeaMonkey domains to SeaMonkey e.V.
  • We are looking at l10n tools.
  • We need a breakpad server for submitting crash reports in September 2020. Thunderbird is also also affected and must set up their own server.

Status of the SeaMonkey Source Tree

  • Starting with ESR60 2.57 all builds need to switch to mozilla as topsourcedir. Support for comm-central and comm-esr60 as top source dir is no longer supported.
    • Do not expect to use any 2.58+ release yet other than for checking if it builds. They are fundamentally broken by Mozilla source and api removals. Bugs for the 2.57 release will also land in comm-central.
  • All trees are currently closed because of bug 1546801 and bug 1595368. Taskcluster is migrated form aws to the Google Cloud.
  • Rust 1.41 was released but can only be used for comm-central right now.
  • Because of changes in level-3 access we can no longer directly push patches to the mozilla repos or create branches. Access to the comm- repos is unchanged.
  • [comm-central]:
    • Windows, macOS and Linux builds.
    • Do not try to use the comm-central release.
    • The installer still works...
    • l10n is broken in comm-central because of search plugin issues. If we switch to search/list.json then we need to keep the l10n searchplugin xml files for esr60 or switch esr60 too.
      • Fix for bug 1300198 will unbreak the comm-central l10n builds.
    • RDF has been completely removed now.
    • XBL has been completely removed now.
    • bug 1611647 was filed for SeaMonkey to do the rename from xul to xhtml files and references.
    • Various build breakages. WG9s has fixes available which will be put in the tree asap.
    • See bug 1452448 for current comm-central breakages. This is not up to date.
  • [comm-beta]:
    • We currently do not track nor update comm-beta.
    • Do not try to use any current comm-beta based release.
    • See bug 1452448 for current comm-central breakages.
  • [comm-release]:
    • We currently do not track nor update comm-release.
    • Do not use any current comm-release based release.
    • An updated unofficial 2.53.2 is available from WG9's website. We accept filing bugs against it.
    • For building please apply the patches from Bills website to the noted comm-release and mozilla-release changeset.
    • For building please stay at Rust 1.37 for now.
  • [comm-esr68]:
    • There are currently no plans for a SeaMonkey release based on comm-esr68.
    • Do not try to use any comm-esr68 based release.
    • We will not track nor update comm-esr68 for now
  • [comm-esr60]:
    • The repo is closed. Future patches will be checked into our gitlab 2.57 repos.
      • The gitlab repos have been set up but will remain private until the first alpha build is released. The patches from the unofficial release will be kept up to date for building 2.57.
    • Sidebar, Help and Mail/News are broken because of XUL template removals. See bug 464710.
    • Do not expect to use the 2.57 release yet other than for testing.
    • An unofficial 2.57 is available from WG9's website. We accept filing bugs against it but it is only provided for testing purposes and not very usable at the moment. Please file bugs only against the browser part or the ChatZilla and debugQA add-ons unless you know a specific problem is new and needs to be fixed. In any case check the existing bug reports to not generate bug noise.
    • If you want to use Rust 1.33 and up you need the patches available on Bills site.
    • Building with webrender enabled (unsupported and not working) with Rust 1.37 or higher currently does not work.
    • For building with stylo (default) please stay at Rust 1.37 for now.
    • See bug 1433370 for current 2.57 breakages.

Release Train

  • SeaMonkey 2.53.x / Gecko 56 in our gitlab comm-release repo.
    • The 2.53.1 final was released on February 28th!
    • We plan to release 2.53.2 beta 1 in March
      • Release a few weeks afterwards if nothing big comes up.
      • The 2.53.2 beta 1 release is tracked in bug 1618866.
      • NSS 3.49 and up drop the dbm compatibility module. This has been restored for 2.53.2. Later we might do a hard block upgrading from an older release.
        • Distributions using the system nss might need to adjust compile settings for this.
      • ka will be added to the list of shipped languages for SeaMonkey 2.53.2.
      • Rust 1.41.0 and later compatibility is being worked on. This is tracked in bug 1617782.
    • Session Manager 0.8.13 needs a minor fix to be compatible with current and future 2.53.x releases.
      • Replace nsIJSXMLHttpRequest with nsIXMLHttpRequest in session_manager-\packages\overlay.js line 46.
    • Toolbar Buttons 1.1 and 1.1.1 is broken. Standalone toolbar buttons seem to work.
    • NPAPI support other than for Flash has been discontinued. The final release notes need to be updated for this.
    • The following bugs are not yet fixed in 2.53.x:
      • bug 1409458 "Privacy Issue: Replying to or forwarding an HTML e-mail with external content".
      • Building with the 10.11 SDK needs some more fixes for cosmetic problems in bug 1391790 for macOS 10.13.
    • A meta bug bug 1584728 tracks the rdf removal from SeaMonkey.
    • Security fixes are backported frequently. frg tries to keep it as current as possible in his spare time.
      • The big security problems which were in the public up to 72.0 are fixed.
      • The current security level as of today is more or less at 60.4. Goal is to to be on par with latest ESR 60 soon and then move up.
      • ICU60, Skia m66, sqlite 3.31.1 NSS 3.48.1, NSPR 4.24 and TLS 1.3 have been backported for 2.53.2.
    • Compiler support is up to date.
      • clang 5, 7 or 8, gcc 6.1, gcc 7 and 8 can be used to build 2.53.1 on Linux or for macOS. Support for gcc 5.x and 4.x has been removed.
      • clang 7, 8 or 9, VS2017 15.9.13 and VS2019 are supported under Windows. Support for VS2015 and earlier VS2017 versions has been removed.
      • gcc 9 support is being looked into.
      • The official release is compiled with VS2019 for Windows, gcc 6 for Linux and clang 5 for macOS. Rust 1.36 is used.
    • The unofficial release is now at 2.53.2 Beta 1 pre.
      • 2.53.2 fixes are available from the wg9s website.
      • frg maintains the patches for 2.53 on gitlab in a private repo. Anyone who wants access can send him an email but Bills repo is usually up to date.
      • Support for vertical tab display is added in bug 1607041.
    • WebExtentions dictionary support should be enabled as soon as possible in 2.53.
    • The internal devtools inspector works for chrome content in SeaMonkey.
    • Lightning is now a packed extension. If you upgrade to 2.53.1 please remove the old version first.
    • We are looking into adding support for the AV1 codec, Custom Elements and shadow dom in a later release. No ETA yet. This is or will also be supported in 2.57.
    • mozbuild 3.3 is currently not supported under Windows. Please stay with 3.2 for now.
  • SeaMonkey 2.57 Gecko 60 in comm-esr60.
    • SeaMonkey 2.57 will be developed together with 2.53 and then released as soon as possible.
      • Because of not enough developers this is a slow go and we will distribute interim 2.53 versions.
    • 2.57 will be build from a new 2.57 gitlab repo based on the comm-esr60 repo.
      • The sources are currently marked private in our gitlab project repos.
      • An alpha 1 source is being prepared.
      • The comm-esr60 repos are closed. All fixes not in them are available from wg9s website untio the gitlab repo is ready.
      • frg maintains the patches for 2.57 on gitlab in a private repo. As with 2.53 anyone who wants access can send him an email but Bills repo is usually up to date.
    • Mail and news are still broken in SeaMonkey 2.57.
    • Ad and Script Blocker support needs WebExtension support in SeaMonkey 2.57.
      • Like 2.53 l10n needs to be hand rolled. The strings from 2.53 and comm-central will be used as a base.
      • comm-central only patches must not delete any strings in the suite en-US directory until 2.57 is out.
      • When doing patches please make sure to change the l10n labels when the content changes.
      • cZ strings will be copied to suite. This is tracked in bug 1606400.
      • cZ, DOMi, debugQA and the Lightning extension will be compatible with 2.57.
      • bug 1231349 was fixed with a workaround patch by ewong. This can be used for 2.57 too.
    • Thunderbird did switch to WebExtension dictionaries.
    • We will switch search plugins to a central json file for 2.57. See bug 1300198. TB and Fx did this long ago.
    • Compiling 2.57 with rust >= 1.33 needs fixes which are only in the unofficial patches queues. Webrender does not compile with rust 1.38 and up.
    • VS2019 and other current compiler support will be ported from 2.53 to 2.57.
      • sqlite 3.31.1 NSS 3.47 NSPR 4.24 and TLS 1.3 have been backported.
      • We are considering not releasing 2.57 Linux i686 / x86 binaries. All major distributions are now x64 only.
    • The ESR60 branch was discontinued after TB 60.9.1.
      • Thunderbird is now on the ESR68 train and no further ESR60 updates will be done by the TB developers.
      • We currently do not plan to switch to ESR68 because of source plus api removals and changes. We will continue to use the esr60 branch for now.
    • Lighting will be fully integrated into TB 78. We plan to port this to 2.57 at least.
  • General SeaMonkey release issues.
    • For now we will not use a Meta bug to track problems in ESER68. bug 1452448 for current comm-central breakages will kept up to date.
    • ewong tries to fix the update process for the aus3 server. This is broken since 2.48.
    • A meta bug for gtk3 compatibility has been created for 2.49.1 and up bug 1367257.
    • When updates are working again the following bugs need to be looked into:
      • bug 1274722 Add %SYSTEM_CAPABILITIES% to the SeaMonkey app.update.url preference.
      • bug 1271761 Add CPU features/detection to update URL.
    • Discussions if we should match minor version numbers with Firefox are still underway. This would need a coordinated change for either c-c or all trees. All minor versions would be changed and the versions would need to be made available in bugzilla. Lightning version calculation needs to be changed. This will be done at a later date and not for 2.49 ESR.
  • Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
    • Last Merges: February 10th, 2020 (beta → release: February 3rd, 2020)
    • SeaMonkey is now at version 2.72a1. Gecko is at version 75, comm-esr68 (SeaMonkey 2.65) has been established.

Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking

  • Most extensions are now broken in SeaMonkey 2.54+ because of Mozilla api removals.
    • WG9s fixed ChatZilla for 2.57. The patches have been reviewed and checked in.
      • It will probably never work again without a rewrite in 2.58+/61+ because of overlay and other removals.
    • DOMi is broken in 2.56+. See bug 1429936.
      • The developer of DOM Inspector Plus has fixed his extension and we can use the fixes for DOMi.
      • frg has DOMi working for 2.57 using the patches but some minor issues still remain.
        • A work-in-progress version is available at [1].
      • DOMi might be retired later when this works. It is currently not built. See also bug 1273222.
    • The addon-SDK has been removed.
    • SMILE has been removed in 2.57.
    • Non bootstrapped add-on support has been removed in 2.58+.
    • Bootstrapped add-on support will be removed in Gecko 65.
    • Support for unpacked extensions has been removed.
    • Overlay support has been removed from Gecko 62. Thunderbird did build a lightweight solution for converting existing overlays.
    • Thunderbird has added preliminary WebExtension support to Thunderbird 63.
    • Lightning is packed directly into Thunderbird and SeaMonkey now. This was done in bug 1451847 for SeaMonkey.
      • While packed directly it is still maintained as an extension
    • Add-ons need to switch to optionsType 3 for 2.57. TB did a fix showing the preferences in the menu list. We need to port this bug for 2.57.
    • NPAPI support other than for Flash has been discontinued.
  • Thunderbird plans to discontinue classic add-ons with the next ESR78 based release.
    • Enigmail will be discontinued and OpenPGP will be integrated.
      • The OpenPGP integration is tracked in bug 22687.
      • Lots of dependent bug were filed for the OpenPGP integration in the last two weeks.
    • Lightning will be fully integrated by then.
  • cZ and DOMi should be integrated into SeaMonkey because of the l10n problem tracked in bug 1231349.
    • IanN suggested forking them and has created bug 1551033. The l10n files for DOMi will be moved into l10n-central.
      • IanN is ready to import them into the comm tree. He just needs to decide when and if (esp with DOMi if devtools can be got to work).
    • The language pack for cZ will be removed and a translated cZ will be included.
    • frg has regular l10n repack support almost finished for 2.53 and up.
  • Our distributed extensions do not get updated during a new install.
    • IanN plans to look into this.
  • WebExtension support in SeaMonkey is tracked in bug 1320556. As of now working on this has not started.
    • This would be needed for a ESR60 based SeaMonkey 2.57.
  • Evaluation if some extension functionality should be incorporated will need to be done for the 2.57 release.
    • Lightning is still working in 2.57 and directly distributed starting with 2.57.
    • NoScript, Adblock Plus and uBlock are broken in SeaMonkey 2.54+
    • SeaTab X2 and Version Number work in 2.57.
    • debugQA works in 2.57.
    • Chatzilla 0.9.94 works in 2.53 and 2.57.
  • NoScript Classic 5.x is still being updated. You can get it from [2]. Currently 5.1.9.
  • uBlock Origin is still being updated. You can get it from [3].

The latest legacy version is currently

  • IanN created an SM version of the QuickText add-on.
  • We might need a SeaMonkey Calendar component in bugzilla.
  • The SeaMonkey and Thunderbird add-ons are now hosted on [4].
    • [5] redirects to it. 2.57 has already been switched over to the new site in bug 1475799.
      • 2.57, comm-central and the inofficial 2.53 already have updated prefs. We plan to do this for a future 2.49 release.
    • The old add-ons website api has been removed in bug 1402064 for Gecko 60 and up. We might need to do some further porting here to smoothly integrate installation from the add-ons site.
    • For Thunderbird a new add-on [6] is available to switch to addons.thunderbird net.
    • The website has been updated and points to [7].
  • We will evalute the possibility of shipping pdf.js with SeaMonkey in a future release. frg will look into it when he finds some time.
  • Mozilla removed all classic add-ons from AMO. Rainer_Bielefeld filed bug 1517828 to see if missing add-ons can be re-added. The add-on converter also no longer works because of this.
    • Suggestion is to use a third party archive ca-archive and xpi.

2.x (Last, Current, Next)

  • See Basics page for the usual reminders.
  • Old add-on signing methods have been removed. SeaMonkey and Thunderbird still use them per thread "removing "the old way" of signing add-ons" in Apparently xpinstallConfirm.xul contained the references to them.

2.53.x release branch (2.53.1 released)

open tracking (0) tracking requests (21) targeted (21) fixed (49)

2.57.x next esr release branch (future)

open tracking (1) tracking requests (8) targeted (0) fixed (223)


  • Sync is no longer working. The goal for 2.53 and 2.57 is to restore sync 1.1 and set up a sync 1.1 server.
    • Sync 1.1 has been removed from the mozilla source tree. If we want Sync 1.1 to work we need to fork it.
      • Pro: We control our own sync server and are not left at the mercies of Mozilla the next time they change their sync system.
      • Pro: Our users don't need an Fx Account.
      • Con: Can't sync with Firefox (unless someone writes a Sync 1.1 client for Firefox).
    • The sync ui has been disabled in 2.57+ in bug 1432273.
    • Long term we need someone to work on porting sync 1.5 over to replace legacy sync code after 2.57. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly. Tracked in:
      • bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager.
      • bug 1003434 Add support for about:sync-progress.
  • frg suggests doing an about:credits page for SeaMonkey contributors. This should link to a new list of people on the SeaMonkey project page.
    • IanN suggests about:smcredits.
    • The mozilla credits page still must be linked because there are many SeaMonkey contributors in it and Gecko is also still the foundation we did and are building on.
  • Tests are broken. Priority for new features or ports according to IanN is to get the code working.

frg suggests splitting off the tests to separate bugs for tracking and hopefully fixing in the future. With the current dev resources at hand he is not very hopeful about fixing the tests anytime soon.

  • The search.json format will change soon. We need to look into this only if we plan to do a ESR 76 based release.
  • We might need new SeaMonkey bugzilla component for tracking website problems with our product.
    • Non working websites should be verified against a genuine Firefox 56 and 60 before filing a bug.
      • If a website does not work in Firefox 60 it is either fundamentally broken or needs some later not yet implemented features.
      • If a website works in both 56 and 60 it is usually only problem with incorrect user agent sniffing. Bug should either be closed or moved to the tech evangelism component then if the triager does not think it is a problem with SeaMonkey implementation.
    • In any case probles with specific websites only should be disucssed in the support groups first.
    • bug 1242294 tracks changing the user agent override code for better webiste compatibility. The current options do not allow users to set a ua identical to Firefox.
      • We do not want to drop advertizing SeaMonkey via default settings.
      • Advertizing Ligtning should be disabled by default becuase it causes problems with various sites doing incorrect user agent sniffing.

  • Stalled. Needs a kick:
    • bug 815954 Click-to-Play: Port bug 812562 (click-to-play blocklisted plugins: reshow urlbar notification as with normal click-to-play).
    • bug 476108 GetShortPathNameW fails under some NTFS junctions [patchlove].
  • Current breakages:
  • Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
    • A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
  • [rsx11m] did open bug bug 1305902 for certificate pinning. Discussion if it should be enabled for SeaMonkey is still underway. Callek commented in the bug.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: — new, — fixed, — triaged.

  • generally low activity on trunk, focus on branches towards releases

Open reviews/flags: 24 review 3 super-review 1 ui-review 11 feedback

  • See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
  • TODO:
    • Encrypted Media Extensions / Digital Rights Management
      • bug 1127784 added a preference and UI to enable/disable playback of Encrypted Media Extensions, with UI seen in non-release builds only
      • More work appears to be needed to download necessary 3rd-party Content Decryption Modules, some UI can probably be ported from Firefox
  • Fundamental core features Firefox/Mozilla plans or did remove:
    • bug 1446341 The XUL "tree" widget will be removed from mozilla-central
      • Major bummer, will affect MailNews and other windows, Core bug 1446335
    • bug 1444685 XUL overlays are gone (SeaMonkey)
    • bug 1222546 Product plan: remove support for heavyweight themes
      • This has been officially removed with Firefox 57. With Firefox 61 theme support has been removed from the source. The Modern theme no longer works in SeaMonkey.
    • bug 1397874 tracks the xbl bindings removal. Only bindings used in Firefox will be kept for now until they are replaced with who-knows-what.
      • Overlays are now also gradually being removed. Mozilla has converted tabbrowser.xml to tabbrowser.js. Needs to be done for SeaMonkey in a later release too.
  • The website and wiki are outdated. InvisibleSmiley no longer maintains the website. The website was updated but it still needs work. Volunteers welcome.
  • frg suggested asking for donations in a future release. Probably during startup or more prominently on the website.
  • frg suggested a tabbrowser.xml overhaul because it's becoming harder to backport fixes from Firefox.
    • IanN suggests doing small patches which are easier to review.
  • There are reports that the PayPal donation on the website doesn't work for USD. It seems the amount is converted to Euro (probably correct if it is a German account).
  • Images should be vectorized and be svg if possible for future updates and HiDPI compatibility.
  • bug 1414390 needs to be ported. intl.locale.requested locale list needs to replace general.useragent.locale. Thunderbird did this in bug 1423532.
  • More and more websites do poor browser sniffing or pretend to require a later browser version.
    • We need to evaluate if a user agent switcher should be incorporated into SeaMonkey.
    • For some google servicves like maps you need to set a plain Firefox useragent to avoid problems.
    • For github you need to set the gecko Version to 60.
    • We plan to add a generic user agent for github and 2.49 / 2.53 only. See bug 1505460.
  • bug 1463738 Bookmarks descriptions are taken out of Gecko 62.
  • Live bookmarks and rss support is taken out of Gecko 63 in bug 1477667. bug 1477670 might affect us too.

Roundtable - Personal Status Updates

  • IanN generally will handle more complex review requests. frg, rsx11m, stefanh and ewong can also do reviews in their areas of expertise. For bigger changes and branch approvals outside of the build system IanN needs to be involved.
  • a+ from trusted regular patch authors/reviewers for ESR60 / 2.57 is implied as long as it only affects the suite directory. This will change back to a general needed a+ when the tree becomes more stable and will be announced then. If in doubt ask for approval.

Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).



Most work for SeaMonkey in the last weeks was support work for 2.53.1 final release and trying to get 2.53.2 beta 1 going. Becuase of some severe issues at work didn'T have much time last week.

Waiting for review:

  • bug 1274798 Seamonkey integration in Gnome3. Old bug/patch which needs verification from someone more familiar with Linux.

Waiting for esr60 a+:

  • none

Waiting for feedback:

  • bug 1410646 Fix SM "log into/onto" and related instances.

Checkin ready:

  • bug 1606400 Land strings for IRC client in SeaMonkey. (backed out for now after reqest from l10n folk).
  • bug 1612725 Download Manager should always show the complete downloads list even in private mode. r=IanN a=IanN
  • bug 1615239 Define FormHistory in the search textbox and don't assume that a search bar exists. r=IanN a=IanN
  • A bunch of bugs from IanN.

Waiting here for a few more bugs. If needed already in gitlab 2.53.1.


  • bug 1536779 Port |Bug 1528840 - addressingWidgetOverlay.js, abMailListDialog.js code cleanup| to SeaMonkey. Postponed till 2.57 is in better shape.
  • A bunch of bugs from IanN and others.

Working on:

  • Getting latest Rust 1.41.1 to compile with 2.53.1.
  • RDF removal with IanN for 2.53 and up. Full removal for 2.53 will only happen if it does not break critical or too many add-ons.
  • Backporting ESR 60 and beyond fixes to 2.53. At 60.3 now. Much progress with bringing Lighting up to date. Everything relevant up to 60.9 in and now a packed extension.
  • Syncing 2.57 with 2.53 fixes.
  • bug 521861 After creating news account through clicking news URL Account Wizard is broken. jorgk found some issues in the patch which I need to fix first.
  • Integrating DOMi Plus patches into DOMi.
  • Port of bug 1100103 Add a remove button to every To/CC/BCC address in Composer. No bug yet. Initial version in 2.53. Needs better styling.

Not working on:

  • Fixing comm-central. Not worth it currently. Only see that it builds.
  • Starting to see if I can back out the xul templates removal to speed things up. Second bug backed out but still no luck. IanN does de-rdf which is better.
    • 2.58+ is broken in capital letters as in BROKEN.

Shelved for later:

  • bug 1296850 Show standard loading indicator images in tab when busy or progress attribute are set. Asked someone who wants to help out to look at the icons. Got the icons but have no time at the moment.
  • bug 1392929 Port Bug 886907 [Remove old synchronous contentPrefService] to SeaMonkey.
  • Followups for bug 1379369 to TriggeringPrincipals and UserContextIDs in more functions. IanN already fixed a bunch of stuff.
  • bug 1370314 SeaMonkey 06/2017 installer rollup. Probably not much more right now. Took some parts to other bugs. and will see what is left when 2.57 is ready.
  • bug 1231349 l10n repacks broken on with SM 2.42 and newer. cZ patch done for 2.57 and up. Got feedback but found a bug yesterday. Backport to 2.53 later.
  • bug 1231349 l10n repacks broken on with SM 2.42 and newer. DOMi patch mostly working. cZ got f+. Shooting for r+ next.


  • Was busy at work.


Fixed for SM (2.53+):

Fix for SM (2.57+):

Fixed for website:

Waiting for check-in:

  • bug 1619149 Missing sort arrows in column headers of the SeaMonkey Modern theme
  • bug 1619354 Fix popup notification in modern theme
  • bug 1618453 Recipient missing when using Reply to Sender and Group in Newsgroup discussions

Waiting for review:

  • bug 1536779 Port |bug 1528840 - addressingWidgetOverlay.js, abMailListDialog.js code cleanup| to SeaMonkey
  • bug 1611010 Remove needless implements='nsIDOMEventListener' and QI
  • bug 1611714 Remove platform overlays
  • bug 1612338 Switch moveTabTo method to using tab as first argument
  • bug 1612720 Port |bug 461013 - get rid of |aTab.localName != "tab"| checks in removeAllTabsBut, removeTab and reloadTab| and tidy up
  • bug 1612760 Create warnAboutClosingTabs method for tabbrowser, use proper plural form for close tabs warnings and port |bug 866880 - Implement Close Tabs to the Right| to SeaMonkey
  • bug 1614671 Port |bug 1456035 - Add native QueryInterface helper with fast path for XPCWrappedJS| to SeaMonkey
  • bug 1616035 Port |bug 491577 - add API for deleting a single closed window| and |bug 415941 – nsISessionStore documentation: clarify the meaning of "window"| to SeaMonkey
  • bug 1616039 Port |bug 542032 - Don't look up prefs on every tab & window close| to SeaMonkey
  • bug 1616151 Port |bug 670033 - Persist deferred session across a browser restart| and |bug 1001167 - Don't let invalid sessionstore.js files break sessionstore| to SeaMonkey
  • bug 1616154 Port |bug 726235 - Break out XPath code into separate module| to SeaMonkey

Waiting for feedback:

  • bug 1609454 Automatically generate list of langpack xpi files from download table

Working on:

  • bug 1620784 Update installation and uninstallation instructions on website
  • bug 1618806 Can't check out SeaMonkey 2.53.1 source
  • bug 1620789 Add source code download and build instructions to the website
  • bug 1616034 Update SessionStore code for SeaMonkey
  • bug 1612386 Don't always update lastRelatedTab information when browser.tabs.insertAllTabsAfterCurrent is true
  • bug 1606400 Land strings for IRC client in SeaMonkey
  • bug 507601 Port |bug 414038 - Replace rdf-driven folder pane with a js-driven/non-rdf treeview| to SeaMonkey
  • bug 1605729 Extend to understand gitlab repos
  • bug 1300198 Move list.txt over to JSON once bug 1276739 is in
  • bug 1577372 Working copy functionality was removed from page info window
  • bug 1573595 [meta]Update pageInfo files
  • bug 1578061 [meta]Update SeaMonkey's context menu
  • bug 1581176 [meta]Update SeaMonkey's certificate / net error handling UI
  • bug 1579640 Fix access key clashes in prefs
  • bug 657604 Remove the RDF global object. (Port bug 437869 to SeaMonkey.)
  • bug 1380613 sessionrestore will not restore anything if another tab is open
  • Backporting changes needed for build system

Back burner:

Rainer Bielefeld


Looking into:

  • bug 1441016 Port bug 1414390 "Add intl.locale.requested locale list to replace general.useragent.locale" to SeaMonkey

Not really working on:

  • bug 1437393 Font lists in preferences are no longer grouped by font type, port asynchronous handling like bug 1399206
  • bug 1318852 Make labels of cmd_properties action-oriented and context-sensitive, e.g. "Edit Contact", "Edit List", etc.
    • "real" fix



Any other business?

  • The next meeting will be held in two weeks on Sunday March 22, 2020, 14:00 UTC (15:00 CET).