« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: September 8, 2009, 12:00 UTC
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0 Final
- 1.4 Feature List, Planning
- 1.5 Roundtable
- 1.6 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: "We don't have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time." - We can only wait right now.
- KaiRo to email Google again
SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2
open blockers (1) blocker requests (0)
- The open blocker is only shipping it ;-)
- Build are up for testing at 2.0b2-candidates/build1 and on the betatest channel.
- 16 locales made it, including en-US we have 17 languages.
- Compared to 2.0b1, nl is new, but cs didn't make it.
- Targeted ship date: Friday, September 11 (Firefox 3.0.14/3.5.3 are targeted Sep 9).
- So far we are on target. It now depends on QA.
- This is our last beta, so we are feature-frozen for the 2.0 series now! Exceptions will only be granted in rare and really-high-value cases.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Final
open blockers (10) blocker requests (20) open wanted (21) wanted requests (30)
- We need triaging of blocker and wanted requests, can IanN do that?
- We can probably put off a number of things, where they sound useful, to 2.1a1 or 2.1.
- The theme regressions are all just about sorted.
- Target schedule: Freeze October 6th, and ship mid-to-end October.
- Thunderbird is expecting RC1 freeze on 3rd November but string freeze on Tuesday 29th September 23:59 PST or so.
- Freeze on October 6th should allow at least a week of string freeze for final and allow us for some time of candidate testing, whether we push them as public RC releases or not.
- We should set up plans for string and code freezes, ideally with string freeze on Thursday 1st October before code freeze on Tuesday 6th October, and targeting to spin an RC1 on Wednesday after code freeze.
- We need to branch soon, slightly before string freezes at least.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 68 new, 37 fixed, 30 triaged.
Major wanted/needed features:
- Toolbar customization aftermath [Ratty]
- bug 481862 We still need small button icons for modern in MailNews. Needs someone who understands both css and svg/graphics.
- bug 509209 Implement Customizable Toolbars in SeaMonkey Message Compose. Last round (I hope) of nits fixed. Waiting for reviews.
- Addressbook and HTML Composer toolbars won't make it in 2.0 so targetting 2.1.
- bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
- LANDED for 2.0b2!
- bug 456757 Modern theme update [Ratty]. mozapps/ has landed.
- bug 465924 Modern Update: changes in global/. The last remaining bit is notifications.css. Depends on bug 512254 Port bug 429282 (Land new windows icons (20080416)).
- bug 348720 New icon set for "SeaMonkey Default Theme".
- No News, really need something moving for 2.0 final!
- bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
We also should take a careful look at the other items on wanted-seamonkey2+ for things like things like:
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- bug 508039 Port |Bug 456439 - add about:rights and a "Know Your Rights" infobar to Firefox| to SeaMonkey.
If there's anything on that list you think we shouldn't take for 2.0 any more, please notify KaiRo, so we can push them to 2.1.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Fixed bug 385252 "grippy" mouseover effects inconsistent in Suiterunner - gone into 1.9.1.x and 1.9.3.x but still awaiting approval for 1.9.2.x.
- Fixed bug 492751 spell checking disabled when indenting text in HTML composition - gone into 1.9.1.x and 1.9.3.x but still awaiting approval for 1.9.2.x.
- Created patch for bug 390158 Hook up new satchel pref(s) to the preferences window (and clear data?) - waiting for review.
- Created patch for bug 287806 Add TCP timeout pref - waiting for review.
- Created patch for bug 385141 SeaMonkey lacks UI for browser.tabs.warnOnClose - waiting for review.
- Created patch for bug 436942 "Clear Location Bar" section in History pane should be removed - waiting for superreview/review.
- Working on various classic theme issues with stefanh and NeilAway.
- Working through approval requests for SM2.0
- bug 483727 View Video not present on video context menu.
- bug 485701 Add sort markers/arrows to Password Manager and keep sort direction when clearing filter (1.9.2).
- bug 511989 Port Bug 461252 - First filter in Message Filters should be selected.
- bug 512146 Make "Delete History for (host|domain) available in History context menus.
- bug 512169 Port Bug 368177 - Add support for mouse Back and Forward buttons, and the Stop, Search and Bookmarks keys on media keyboards.
- bug 513490 Open is not marked as the default double click action in Download Manager context menu.
- bug 514266 Port Bug 479397 - this.windowToFocus.content null in nsSessionStore.js.
- bug 474640 Add Copy Full Path (of resulting local file) action per download.
- bug 509338 Shortcut Ctrl+K missing.
- bug 512148 Port Bug 88541 - Show URI in status bar onmouseover of Back/Forward menu items.
- bug 512507 Port Bug 484329 - Upgrading to 3.0 causes "archives" folder disappears.
- bug 513456 Double click and Del do not trigger Edit/Delete in Customize Message Views window.
- bug 515081 Make Ctrl+F shortcut focus search field and Ctrl+Shift+F invoke Search Addresses.
- bug 498618 Improve identity display on security tab.
- bug 505832 Ship an add-on blocklist by default.
- Released SeaMonkey 1.1.18
- Started the release process for 2.0b2, candidate builds are up for testing
- Cared about having all flags, etc. for 2.0 and set up tree rules for the final cycle
- Triaged approval, blocking and wanted requests for 2.0
- Helped fixing mochitest-plain timeouts
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- bug 474709 Subscribing to a feed (triggered by an external application) while no RSS account is present, does nothing.
- bug 507896 Upgrading Seamonkey changes file type icon for HTML files to mail.
- bug 512187 1.1.18 candidate fails to connect with SSL/TLS secured sites, PSM fails to initialize.
- bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service.
- bug 511635 Port Bug 455070 [Make sessionStorage object conform the WHATWG spec] to SeaMonkey
- bug 511823 Port Bug 494543 [Can't add items to Dell.com shopping cart] to SeaMonkey
- bug 514363 Port Bug 509625 [nsSessionStore.js should deal with browsers rather than tabpanels] to SeaMonkey
- bug 514388 No quit dialog when multiple windows are open
- bug 515006 Port Bug 354894 [Session restore doesn't work if process hasn't exited (Downloads window open)] to SeaMonkey
- some other bugs in progress
- bug 460960 (smtabmail) Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
- bug 500506 Simplify providing an nsIController implementation for tab modes.
- bug 507451 Accesskey conflict on _R_estart and P_r_eferences (Toolkit 1.9.1).
- bug 509240 mozapps/preferences/preferences.css not found.
- bug 514177 [smtabmail] Tab bar not hidden when a single tab remains after closing from tab context menu.
- bug 71105 No new mail notification (biff) in browser until mail/news window has been opened at least once.
- bug 323806 Fix for bug 175893 breaks tab switching if content is not HTML (followup to use nsIDOMWindowUtils as it can set focus to all types of elements).
- bug 342296 mlk when drag and dropping a bookmark, as reported by Leak Gauge and Leak Monitor extension (Switch bookmark transaction system from JS to C++ to prevent leaks).
- bug 509701 Inconsistent show/hide behavior of mailnews location toolbar (Fix fallout from bug 506492).
- bug 512244 Modern needs to override another -moz-appearance rule in 1.9.1's xul.css.
- bug 512678 crash [@ nsPurpleBuffer::Put(nsISupports*)] during address autocomplete.
- bug 513471 Failures by editing a card with a custom photo.
- bug 514630 cannot bookmark pages using drag&drop.
- bug 514959 Bogus global skin claim in suite/themes/classic/jar.mn.
- bug 514965 Typo in name of image used by session restore for partial window restore.
- bug 514416 Context menu displays incorrectly after resizing address toolbar.
- Bugs Fixed:
- bug 477710 [Modern] no styles for horizontal scrollboxes.
- bug 511096 Port FUEL Bug 458688 (test browser_Browser.js still times out occasionally).
- bug 514671 Port Bug 480826 (Firefox should honour browser.chrome.favicons setting when opening Edit->Preferences->Applications).
- Working on:
- bug 465924 Modern Update: changes in global/ (textbox.css and wizard.css fixed).
- bug 509209 Implement Customizable Toolbars in SeaMonkey Message Compose.
- bug 512732 Need a chrome://branding/content/icon48.png since mozapps css refers to this.
- bug 514383 about:certerror should use Larry now that the PageInfo Security tab is.
- bug 513446 Small icons in MailNews toolbar becomes large when customizing. Fixed except for Mac OSX.
- Bug triage and bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/
- bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable
- 1 last patch waits for 2(++) major ports:
- bug 444913 Port |Bug 413781 – XBLify folder-selection menus| to SeaMonkey
- bug 507601 Port |Bug 414038 - Replace rdf-driven folder pane with a js-driven/non-rdf treeview| to SeaMonkey
- Next patches will depend on:
- bug 510793 Actually change folder pane from rdf to js, in SeaMonkey
- I started to work on this, but it may be ready too late for 2.0final...
- Also discovered that it depends on some of bug 444913... :-/
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:
- bug 456860 Improve msgCompSMIMEOverlay.js and msgReadSMIMEOverlay.js
- Fixed (MailNews) Core/... (but SM related) bugs:
- bug 510788 [SeaMonkey 2.0, (Parallels) MacOSX] mochitest-plain: test_bug482461.html fails, permanent orange
- And working on other areas... like
- infrastructure to run tests
- filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
- doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).
- bug 457548 Window titles are incorrect on mac.
- bug 509564 Document new shortcut Accel+J (open DM).
- bug 512548 [Mac Classic] Use "pressed" look for toolbarbuttons when their menu is open.
- bug 513453 Remove bogus style rules for button states inside toolbarpaletteitems.
- bug 513891 Move filefield rules to global/.
- bug 514509 Disabled filefield icon should look disabled (Toolkit 1.9.3).
- bug 384340 [Mac Classic] Checkmark instead of alignment-icon in image alignment menulist.
- bug 432132 Use «textbox type="number"» in Composer where applicable.
- bug 514963 Reference to non-existing background-image in pinstripes listbox.css (toolkit).
- bug 514969 Remove reference to toggle JS on/off in mailNews.
Any other business?
- do we have a QA person these days?
- Our QA isn't well organized, no lead etc. We badly need someone there. And a test day would be cool
- Should we be asking the community for a QA lead?
- We should, KaiRo already tried, but no success so far
- A test day could help to get the QA community rounded up but someone also needs to organize that.
- Does MoFo have a handy guide on how to run a test day? is it something we can ask for help from them? IIRC someone from them offered help on mozilla.dev.quality.
- How soon are we looking for a test day to be done? Is it best to wait until after EuroCamp and see if we can get someone on the QA strand there? We can do it any time, either on candidates or final 2.0b2 builds.
- Do we have any idea of the prep and resource required? _Tsk_ from Mozilla Messaging can probably help to gather what we need.
- Who's going to MozCamp, Prague? KaiRo, stefanh, Mnyromyr, sgautherie, probably IanN.
- People need to write some blog posts for the SeaMonkey blog to show off what SM2 features. Mnyromyr needs to write a summary on tabmail anyway, so he can make a blog post from that as well.