« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: September 22, 2009, 12:00 UTC
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0 Final
- 1.4 Feature List, Planning
- 1.5 Roundtable
- 1.6 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Kairo to contact MoFo on doing a SeaMonkey 2.0 press release.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: "We don't have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time." - We can only wait right now.
- KaiRo emailed Google again this weekend, no reply yet.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2
- SHIPPED on Sep 12!
- 16 locales made it, including en-US we have 17 languages.
- Compared to 2.0b1, nl is new, but cs didn't make it.
- http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.0b2#contrib has Fedora RPMs from ajschult and OS/2 builds. No other contributed builds including 64bit builds have come up so far.
- Hendikins has just put up the x86_64 builds for linux on his site.
- de had a broken string that breaks SMTP auth, fixed for nightlies.
- Feedback is good, including the possibility of testing Lightning with it.
- One or two users are having download problems. The issue seems to disappear if logged in as admin.
- The usual web browser discrimination. FaceBook, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail Live, ComCast, etc.
- Feedback has been generally positive otherwise.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Final
open blockers (7) blocker requests (2) open wanted (30) wanted requests (1)
- Need to get blockers fixed, some are unowned as of now, need to get assigned.
- Proposal: String freeze Oct 1, Code freeze Oct 6.
- Spin first RC right after code freeze with locales that are ready.
- Let locales continue to opt in until we feel OK with shipping a later RC as the actual final.
- Thunderbird might be string freezing shortly earlier, code freezing possibly later, but going with a longer period to actual final.
- Freeze on October 6th should allow at least a week of string freeze for final and allow us for some time of candidate testing, whether we push them as public RC releases or not.
- The final string freeze for Thunderbird 3.0 is September 29 [...]. Thus, if Thunderbird checks in mailnews patches with string changes, that leaves people working on SM Help some 48 hours to get respective patches done, reviewed, and checked in to reflect such changes in the documentation. Sounds rather tight... [rsx11m via Mozillazine].
- Help can have exceptions to the string freeze - we always have handled it that way. And nothing breaks if localizers are not 100% in sync with help docs.
- Branch planning is up in the air, Thunderbird drivers seem to think branching very closely to releasing their final is good, KaiRo thinks branching should happen before spinning our first RC. No compromise reached as of now.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 80 new, 47 fixed, 25 triaged.
- Open bugs continue to slightly increase, triaging is down in favor of more bugfixes, many of the new bugs are filed by the team as followups to work being done.
- The rate of fixed bugs continues to be high in the run up to 2.0.
Major wanted/needed features:
- Toolbar customization aftermath [Ratty]
- Still something to be done for 2.0?
- bug 509209 Implement Customizable Toolbars in SeaMonkey Message Compose. Has r+/sr+. Patch waiting for checkin.
- bug 481862 We still need small button icons for modern in MailNews. Needs someone who understands both css and svg/graphics. Misak plans to do the small buttons minor placement fixes on svg, Ratty - css.
- Addressbook and HTML Composer toolbars. Push to 2.1.
- bug 456757 Modern theme update [Ratty]
- bug 465924 Modern Update: changes in global/. All necessary patches have landed. Except possibly for bug 490277 (Update video controls), the remaining dependent bugs are nice to have polish but not blocking anything (imho).
- bug 348720 New icon set for "SeaMonkey Default Theme"
- Really need something moving for 2.0 final!
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug
- KaiRo has a patch up for task icons, help wanted for other icons!
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie]
- The kill-rdf work is basically at the state we'll ship in 2.0; the rest will have to move to 2.1.
- bug 508039 "Know Your Rights" [mcsmurf]
- On track to make the string freeze.
- bug 442167 "New add-on installed" notification [sgautherie]
- Review issues need to be addressed. Should make 2.0.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 506724 bug 397236 bug 472873 Help updates (more in bug 423281)
- helpwanted, anyone can help here!
We also should take a careful look at the other items on wanted-seamonkey2.0+
If there's anything on that list you think we shouldn't take for 2.0 any more, please notify KaiRo, so we can push them to 2.1.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- bug 449728 drag tabs between windows
- unowned so far.
- bug 498596 places bookmarks
- unowned so far.
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Bugs fixed:
- bug 287806 Add TCP timeout pref.
- bug 517722 Update SM Prefs Overlay with new IDs (Chatzilla).
- bug 516189 mochitest-browser-chrome: "browser_bug471962.js | Timed out" (and leaks) since bug 188253 landing.
- bug 385141 SeaMonkey lacks UI for browser.tabs.warnOnClose.
- bug 436942 "Clear Location Bar" section in History pane should be removed.
- bug 390158 Hook up new satchel pref(s) to the preferences window.
- bug 188253 Save Page should supply web page descriptor / cache key when calling saveURI.
- bug 515256 Message Filter Dialog menulist missing some icons.
- bug 514854 Default theme issues with some menulists.
- Working on:
- bug 515227 Help button in Message Filter dialog lacks Help icon.
- bug 515228 Help button in Search Addresses dialog lacks Help icon.
- bug 515966 Message Filter Dialog menulist missing some icons.
- bug 515967 Add icons to addressbook menulist in Search Addresses.
- Testing and reporting issues on lightning integration with SM.
- Working through approval/wanted requests for SM2.0.
- bug 469481 Copy image doesn't copy image (nor its location).
- bug 474622 Hook up delete key to deleting entries in new download manager.
- bug 509338 Shortcut Ctrl+K missing.
- bug 509404 Restore Previous Session missing
- bug 512148 Port Bug 88541 - Show URI in status bar onmouseover of Back/Forward menu items.
- bug 512507 Port Bug 484329 - Upgrading to 3.0 causes "archives" folder disappears.
- bug 513456 Double click and Del do not trigger Edit/Delete in Customize Message Views window.
- bug 515081 Make Ctrl+F shortcut focus search field and Ctrl+Shift+F invoke Search Addresses.
- Released 2.0b2 on Sep 12.
- Discussed future of SeaMonkey build machines after Parallels experiment failed.
- Turned off Mac OS X 10.4 test machines due to ongoing problems.
- Fixed nasty typo in de L10n that broke SMTP auth in 2.0b2.
- 2.0 release driving.
- Some investigation and discussion on getting Lighting to integrate better.
- New task icons for default theme icon set.
- Reported SeaMonkey status in Mozilla's project-wide weekly meeting on Monday.
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- bug 508039 Port |bug 456439 - add about:rights and a "Know Your Rights" infobar to Firefox| to SeaMonkey.
- bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service.
- bug 444913 Port |Bug 413781 – XBLify folder-selection menus| to SeaMonkey.
- bug 255503 tabbedbrowser progresslistener list grows forever instead of resizing when removeProgressListener is called.
- bug 509315 NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI on session restore (in nsSessionStore.js).
- bug 511635 Port Bug 455070 [Make sessionStorage object conform the WHATWG spec] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 511823 Port Bug 494543 [Can't add items to Dell.com shopping cart] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 514388 No quit dialog when multiple windows are open.
- bug 517139 Port Bug 497730 [Restore session from crash while loading multiple tabs opens multiple about:blanks] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 515006 Port Bug 354894 [Session restore doesn't work if process hasn't exited (Downloads window open)] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 516330 Save tabs on quit dialog doesn't save preferences.
- some other bugs in progress
- bug 479448 Closed tabs need to be deleted when browser history is cleared.
- bug 514876 Navigating from standalone message window fails to mark messages as read.
- [lightning] bug 515399 Cannot add attendees to event invitation [Error "input is null" in calendar-event-dialog-attendees.xml].
- bug 517554 [smtabmail] Messages opened from Non-All view in tab not shown.
- Venkman startup perf stuff is on top of my agenda (given no (tab)mailnews top blockers appear).
- bug 405172 Email Compose window does not close itself after Account Wizard Cancel/Exit.
- bug 452056 browser hangs up forever on restart if seperator in bookmak manager contains double quote characters.
- bug 465504 Include an identity indicator in primary chrome (EV certificate UI). URL bar, Modern theming.
- bug 485213 Link selected by typeahead is not the link that is followed.
- bug 491673 nsSeamonkeyProfileMigrator.cpp: re-enable/fix 'wallet.captureForms' handling.
- bug 501195 SM 2 trunk has quit honoring startup "mail and news" pref.
- [toolkit] bug 509242 Either document and enforce a maximum width for theme preview images, or don't horizontally compress them.
- bug 513275 New bookmark folders show "(Empty)" item until SeaMonkey restarted, take 2.
- bug 514416 Context menu displays incorrectly after resizing address toolbar.
- bug 514883 Groupbox custom caption content has bold font.
- bug 516398 No Lightning pref UI in SeaMonkey.
- bug 516708 The meaning of font-size: smaller; has changed.
- bug 517307 Some tabs opened in background from middle clicks still focus the browser.
- bug 431184 Composer badly handles XHTML documents.
- bug 461117 Implement new keyboard shortcut for Paste as Quotation (Now that CTRL+SHIFT+V is for Paste Without Formatting).
- bug 499785 SeaMonkey can't handle spaces in OpenURL, Firefox can.
- [toolkit] bug 512173 .message-icon rule in toolkit/themes/winstripe/global/global.css points to non-existent icon.
- [lightning] bug 516681 Lightning disables SeaMonkey's throbber.
- bug 465924 Modern Update: changes in global/ (essentially finished).
- bug 515622 Modern Update: global/notification.css.
- bug 509209 Implement Customizable Toolbars in SeaMonkey Message Compose.
- bug 513446 Small icons in MailNews toolbar becomes large when customizing.
- bug 516453 Implement Minimal APIs needed for Lightning.
- bug 517238 Implement Minimal APIs needed for Enigmail.
- bug 512732 Need a chrome://branding/content/icon48.png since mozapps css refers to this.
- bug 514383 about:certerror should use Larry now that the PageInfo Security tab is (still waiting for reviews).
- bug 419178 Bookmarks Menu: dropmarker missing" (classic).
- bug 517469 Port bug 363130: make menuitem icons 16x16px consistently on Windows/Linux (modern).
- bug 517864 Reclaim vertical space in the bookmarks toolbar menu (modern).
- bug 517924 Port bug 223132: need a scrollbar on the envelope panel (view all headers / long address lists).
- [lightning] bug 516882 Lightning needs UI/CSS tweaks for SeaMonkey.
- Bug triage and bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/
- bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable
- bug 510793 Actually change folder pane from rdf to js, in SeaMonkey
- Completed initial bare port, found that it depends on bug bug 444913
- Postponed to SM 2.1a1 :-|
- bug 510793 Actually change folder pane from rdf to js, in SeaMonkey
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:
- bug 516195 Port |Bug 435296 - imagelib should support decode-on-draw| to SeaMonkey
- bug 517478 signon.expireMasterPassword is obsolete and should be removed; (Cv1-SM) Remove all pref support
- And working on other areas... like
- infrastructure to run tests
- filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
- doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).
- bug 384340 [Mac Classic] Checkmark instead of alignment-icon in image alignment menulist.
- bug 514963 Reference to non-existing background-image in pinstripes listbox.css (toolkit).
- bug 515621 Wrong paths to toolbar gradient in mailWindow1.css.
- bug 514969 Remove reference to toggle JS on/off in mailNews.
- bug 516469 Reference to non-existing twisty-clsd.gif and twisty-open.gif in pinstripe's tree.css (toolkit).
- bug 517788 [Mac Classic] Download Manager polish.
Any other business?
- People need to write some blog posts for the SeaMonkey blog to show off what SM2 features. Mnyromyr needs to write a summary on tabmail anyway, so he can make a blog post from that as well.
- KaiRo wants to do an interview series on the SeaMonkey blog with SeaMonkey 2 contributors to highlight the dev community - up to 25 people on the list right now!