Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> _Tsk_
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- We should engage the beta testing community in helping with the what's new and release notes pages, especially explaining why we've changed things, and how to get back to the old behavior. jenzed suggested an MDC page. (jz: see https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird_3_for_users)
- Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- Release Driver: Standard8
- Build Engineer: gozer
- Schedule (proposed, may change):
- Final l10n String Freeze: Tuesday 29th Sept 23:59 PST
- Approvals/Blockers only: from Tuesday 6th October 23:59 PST
- Aiming to start RC1 builds on: 3rd Nov.
- Subsequent RCs as necessary.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 20 (+14)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- If you see what look like theme/css issues, especially on Windows, please file a bug, with a screenshot, and the version of Windows you're running. Tag it with a "polish" keyword, and nominate it for blocking-tb3?.
- b4 tests builds were on time.
- Community joined the effort (with around 10/12 people testing.)
- Thanks to everybody who gave time to test
- Introduction to bug day day. A special day with easy tasks to do to get immediate reward on your work. To do so :
- bug day will be focused on regression-window wanted
- and qawanted bugs
- Longer explanation are available at Thunderbird:QA_TestDay:2009-09-24
- Press watch: Thunderbird Ups the Email Ante
- Thunderbird 3 Beta 4 - will be tracking press as it rolls in.
- Launch prep. Press tour scheduling, and asset work.
- Meeting w/ board this week to discuss marketing messages.
- Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 4
- ISPDB is open for public consumption
- More tweaks pending
- Automation a few bugs so should be better next time.
- Mac minis are at gozer for more builders
- tutorial tweaks / feedback
- TB 3 for users https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird_3_for_users
- review autoconfig material
- Top 5 GS Support Topics (code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190923 )
- Cannot receive email (hotmail, other pop, imap)
- Cannot read old email (compact folders seems to fix it)
- Cannot migrate email from old profile to new profile or old computer to new computer
- Forwarding email (how to delete recipients address and forwarding doesn't work)
- Attachments (computer hangs, thunderbird crashes, attachments corrupted)
- Support Plan for Thunderbird 3
- behind on finishing SUMO evaluation, found a few bugs but appears to be functional for our needs - should be able to catch up this week
- behind defining KB issues & new features to document for Thunderbird 3 - should be able to catchup this week
- Support Day: September 17, 2009, 9:30-5p.m. Pacific including Vancouver Mozilla Service Week event in the afternoon:
- solved a problem with gmail IMAP in #thunderbird, "solved" by upgrading to TB3 Beta3
- About a dozen folks at Service Week Event: very brief Thunderbird discussion was about Lightning and Calendering in general, majority was about CMSes like Drupal, WordPress and Joomla
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 15 / day
- total new topics:86 total replies: 111
- have ruby code in progress to semi-automate top 5 issues, relies on manual tagging, scheduled to finish this week
- #replies from non MoMo folks: 2 from Lightning folks (thanks Martin and Philip and wilkommen!) 8 from Tom (thanks!) 16 from TMZ (our newest official rep, thanks and welcome!) MoMo folks: 5 from Rafael (thanks!), 87 from Roland (I am going to do less this week to focus on Support Plan, SUMO, etc)
- happiness metric: API doesn't have happiness emotitags, asked GS staff about that, code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190094, manual happiness metric = 91 - 87 = 4
- Landed bug 517244 and bug 517087.
- Going to tackle bug 515218 in combination with new mail alert work next. Patch hopefully by the end of this week.
- driving, driving, driving
- some bugs
- Mostly focussed on making headers customizable work (bug 465138)
- Misc reviews & landings
- Reviews and Driving
- On vacation Wednesday-Sunday
- Make sure we force closed the db for imap folder getting deleted even if the folder doesn't have the db cached, fixes issues with folders not disappearing after moving/deleting/emptying trash bug 513012
- Worked on rc1 blockers
- RC1 blockers
- Reviews and Driving
- Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 4
- Build automation slowed things down some, next time will be great.
- Mac OS X comm-1.9.1 nightly builds are slower, but stable now
- Mac OS X comm-central nightly builds busted by what smells like a gcc bug bug 516858
- Mac Minis have arrived
- ISPDB tweaks and opening up
- SpreadThunderbird drupal updates
- bug 442222 Update About > Credits for Thunderbird3
- revised form
- added more names
- bug triage
- fixed 16 litmus tests, vetted about 25
- SeaMonkey 2.0 driving - final schedule is up at SeaMonkey:Releases:2.0 now
- Worked on Lightning support for SM 2.0 together with other SeaMonkey contributors, should be in good shape now
- Helped gozer with his questions on build automation
- Beta 4 work.
- More launch planning. Need to coordinate w/ Firefox team on timing.
- Blog about Thunderbird icon and file bugs to include in product.
- Hand off web site content to l10n, pascalc, etc.
Last week :
- TB3.0b4 testing
This week :
- focus back to try to get more people to the QA effort.
- clean up some litmus test
- catching up on bugmail
- Last week
- This week
- Closed bug 515599, bug 516353, bug 517134, and bug 517617.
- Got a client cert to test bug 515371.
- Almost posted a patch for bug 509044, but was stymied due to Windows build failures. (It builds now, so I should have a patch by end of day.
- Continue to help students with ISPDB.
- Code Sprint at U of T!!!
- More work on bug 516572, bug 509044, bug 478989, and bug 515371.
- General autoconfig error-handling cleanup.
- helped Rafael push out 6 or so updates for Thunderbird 3 Beta 4 mozillamessaging.com website updates
- Spread Thunderbird, coordinate pro-bono Drupal designer
- Perhaps start working with campus program students to help out with support
bittin bwinton jenzed standard8 dmose _Tsk_ davida rebron gozer roland clarkbw bienvenu wsmwk beckley rkent andreas kairo