< SeaMonkey | StatusMeetings(Redirected from SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-12-01)
« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: December 01, 2009, 13:00 UTC
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0 Final
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.1
- 1.4 Feature List, Planning
- 1.5 Roundtable
- 1.6 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- KaiRo to add to the known issues page additional items from the SeaMonkey 2.0 Final/Feedback section from the previous meeting. Somebody needs to go through the items and sort out what needs to be added.
- Ratty to draft out some messages to encourage extension authors to make their extensions compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0. Once the Council approves them, we can forward to AMO for dissemination. The messages should target two groups:
- Existing SeaMonkey extensions that haven't been upgraded to 2.0.
- Firefox and Thunderbird extension authors encouraging them to make their extensions compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0.
- Ratty filed AMO bug 527919 for this and attached some drafts. Once the messages are approved, they should be forwarded to AMO and they will take care of sending these out to extension developers.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: "We don't have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time." - We can only wait right now.
- KaiRo emailed Google again more than 8 weeks ago and again 5 weeks ago, no reply yet, even though the MoCo geolocation contact has poked the Google contact as well.
- KaiRo will try to get this process restarted.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Final
- Shipped on October 27!
- 167 fixed-seamonkey2.0 bugs (all post 2.0b2)!
- The new Password and Form Managers seem to be hard for people to grasp. There is an existing documentation bug, bug 463903 for form autocomplete.
- Need for a form history editor to edit/delete incorrect entries. We can make use of an existing bug (bug 480734) to track a native Forms editor.
- For some users cut&paste isn't working for some Windows 7 users. Specifically, nothing gets pasted (bug 525601.
- This has been traced to the McAfee Site Advisor component of the McAfee Internet Security Suite. A regression range has been identified (2007110103/2007103102). This regression range corresponds to a similar cut and paste problem in Thunderbird 3.0a but not involving McAfee.
- The McAfee techs would like a developer from the SeaMonkey side to assist them in tracking down the problem ((bug 525601 Comment 20). Do we have someone with the required skillset? Perhaps Neil.
- We seem to have accidentally migrated from 1.1 all the "browser.toolbars.showbutton.*" preferences when we shouldn't. The most common case appears to be the home button. Our button pref listener are still active because of the Go and Search buttons in the URL bar. Ratty has filed bug 531526 for this.
- See the previous meeting notes for more details: StatusMeetings:2009-11-17#SeaMonkey_2.0_Final
- BenoitRen notes increasing reports about problems with mailnews, possibly due to shipping code from a beta Thunderbird 3.0.
open blockers (3) blocker requests (7) open wanted (0) wanted requests (0)
- Should be released in sync with Firefox 3.5.6, currently scheduled for December 15.
- Even though the SeaMonkey-specific fixes are only some smaller ones, the improved mailnews maturity and the core crash and security fixes sound like they're worth it
- How ready are we for it?
- Blocker nominations need to be triaged, but probably can be put off to 2.0.2.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 57 new, 17 fixed, 29 triaged.
- High rate of new bugs immediately after 2.0 release but declining.
- Fixing rate down as we all take a breath after this.
- Triage rate down from 58 at last meeting.
- We need to do more triaging. We should probably start to look at trashing 1.x-only bugs as well (and see if any still happen on 2.x).
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 423281 Help updates.
- bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn't pay a price for having venkman installed.
- Needs at least a core patch landing for 220.127.116.11 (.5 will be a short-cycle crash-fixing update) bug 364864 nsICategoryManager::deleteCategoryEntry does not persist outside of component registration.
- bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service. New patch needed.
- New patch needed.
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie]
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- bug 449728 drag tabs between windows
- unowned so far.
- bug 498596 places bookmarks
- unowned so far.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 1.9.1) Composer
- Will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 is done.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer
- Will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 are done.
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug
- Still needs quite a bit of work.
- bug 522023 is working on improving the browser globe in task icons, etc..
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- unowned so far.
- bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
We also should take a look at the other items on wanted-seamonkey2.1+
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Bugs waiting approval for 1.9.1.x
- bug 525373 Make customizable toolbars play nicely with children with disabled attributes (toolkit)
- bug 510920 Sync to breakpad revision 350 for breakpad fix 248, 10.5+ SDK compat
- Working on:
- bug 439134 "Customize toolbars" window a bit too small on linux - cuts off the "Restore defaults" button - waiting for reviews.
- bug 515967 Add icons to addressbook menulist in Search Addresses.
- bug 519133 Newsgroup list in Message Filters Dialog has blank entry and extra separator.
- bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars - waiting for reviews.
- bug 529647 Make Search and Go buttons widgets for Browser customizable toolbars - waiting for review but new patch needed.
- Just back from vacation, not much to tell yet. working large backlog this week
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- All latest sessionstore stuff (all of them ported, many of them doesn't have bug numbres yet), waiting to council decision about bug 530735
- bug 524369 Port bug 491168 [Allow SessionStore to save/restore referrer field] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 530735 Consider to use same undo close tab mechanism as in Firefox.
- bug 456874 Need a policy/rule of thumb, for new prefpane usage by extensions.
- bug 521803 tabbrowser.xml: "Error: this.mPanelContainer is null", opening MailNews.
- bug 521891 Need pref pane entry for extension blocklist feature.
- bug 520480 Sidebar is empty and tab options unresponsive.
- bug 152526 Menu->Send link does not open external mail app (should use mailto:).
- bug 503794 Unable to remove an attachment.
- bug 517726 Update SeaMonkey's treeView.js to match new view API.
- bug 528755 Find a place for filepicker's filter strings to live.
- bug 529151 Remove obsolete calls to suppressFocusScroll (edit)
- bug 530406 Search for "Age in days" uses "is" with "is less than" default, works fine when manually selected.
- bug 530805 storeReadMailInPFC no longer exists.
- bug 505525 nsWindowsShellService.cpp build failure due to gfxIImageFrame removal.
- bug 525047 'make clean' deletes automationutils.py.
- bug 526339 file action on a message fail to show the whole tree of folders.
- bug 528506 In the SeaMonkey Default Theme Account Central pane, the icon in the "create new calendar" row is misaligned.
- bug 526148 Port bug 525712 (Remove dead throbber-specific code from customizeToolbar.js, handle it in themes).
- bug 531645 "My Yahoo" should be "My Yahoo!" in the list of feed handlers (Port bug 432118).
- bug 531661 Add an ID for the "Show Remote Content" button.
- bug 531779 MailNews: The File Button is not initialized until restart after being dragged out of the palette window and on to a toolbar.
- Filed AMO bug 527919 (Obtain a list of extension author email addresses so that the SeaMonkey Council can mass mail them) on behalf of KaiRo and monitoring it.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions including:
- Tracking McAfee issue with bug 525601 Copy and cut (clipboard) functions do not work in SM 2.0.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/
- Answering questions in the Mozillazine SeaMonkey Support forum.
- Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:
- bug 531292 Port |Bug 530723 - Disable ipc, since it requires libxul and we can't build that way (yet)| to SeaMonkey
- See also
- And working on other areas... like
- infrastructure to run tests
- filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
- doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, filing bugs as needed; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).
- See Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-11-24#Standard8.
- See Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-12-01#Standard8.
- bug 525698 [Mac Classic] Need new css for pageinfo.
- bug 525926 [MacOSX] Sub-menus in native Bookmarks menu have "Empty" menuitem.
- bug 528629 Redo Undo both use keyboard shortcut COMMAND+Z in Mail message composition.
- bug 531139 Reference to non-existing places.js in placesOverlay.xul.
- bug 528752 [Mac Classic] History drop-down height doesn't match full number of rows.
Any other business?
- EOL date for SeaMonkey 1.1?
- The plans for Gecko 1.8 are rather murky at the moment. KaiRo will probably try to get a clearer view when a 18.104.22.168 will be prepared possibly in December.
- IanN asks can we combine stop and reload buttons?
- Nobody else likes this idea.
- It would be good to have some of the icons that firefox now has for browser, and some more non-default toolbar buttons like "Print Preview". But we need suitable graphics for both themes.