- How will URLs be structured?
- How are URLs generated? (numbers or article name e.g. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1270)
- How will URLs fallback?
- should we have directories? (e.g. "sumo/bookmarks/foo" or "sumo/howtocontribute/foo" )
- which characters do we allow in URLs?
- What characters do we see in error messages.
- which character for space? (e.g. Private+Browsing, Private_Browsing, etc.)
- should videos be hosted on sumo?
- where should the actions box be?
- what should be in the actions box?
- where should SHOWFOR switches be?
- should we have related articles box?
- do we need freetags?
- how do we add and remove tags?
- add tracking to freetag urls now so we can check if people use them? [paulc]
- where do we put contributor names?
- where do we put last modified date?
- how do we ask for feedback?
- history view:
- like mediawiki?
- integrate poll data
- what types of side-by-side views? Does anyone use something other than the default?
- what info should be listed?
- Where should the search box be?
- how to create sidebar items?
- how are we going to assign themes?
- Printable versions?
- should we have an in-product mode?
- 404 pages
Editing and creating articles
- if someone creates an article without a request, what should happen?
- one editor for all categories?
- Editor PRD
- Is there a better solution for article areas than what we have now?
- Should we change the list of categories?
- Remove the staging area, and make everything require a staging copy? If so, how would we identify a staging copy?
- how will subpages work?
- which custom tags do we need?
- comments in markup? warnings? pref? file names? code? button? menu?
- do we plan on keeping the current method of add screenshots?
- should we be able to add css via markup?
- Thank you page after saving an edit
- do we just keep the current system?
- what are the problems with the current system?
- communicate the contributor before approving/rejecting an edit?
- if there is more than one edit on a staging copy?
- should there be an English article first, or can articles be created in any language?
- where do we set an article language?
- Article translation PRD
- what should we offer it for?
- edits to articles category for a language
- What should be in them?
- what questions do we ask?
- Should we have article comments?
- Show UA and search term of commenter?
- graph for displaying changes in poll data?
- are we not making any changes?
- what parts of SHOWFOR should be configurable in the admin panel?
- "Find and Replace" for edits that affect many articles, rather than running sql queries
- should we standardize where keyboard shortcuts are displayed?
- Add "what links here"
- Image optimizing on upload
- We'll need something to replace listpages.php, so contributors can look up articles by category/language/last_mod/etc.