Support/SUMOdev Meeting Notepad/2010 Q1
Mar 30, 2010
- Last SUMOdev meeting of Q1!
- 1.5.2/3 schedule.
- Worked out a hypothetical SUMOdev schedule for Q2.
- "Nominating" bugs.
- Read the wiki for other updates.
Scheduling of the 1.5.2/3 push:
- 3.0.19 release today, and
- ran into problems last night getting bug 532498 working correctly in staging (now Priority 0 for jsocol), means
- we're now targeting Thursday, 01 April.
- We picked up and verified bug 555800 yesterday.
- http://support-stage-new.mozilla.com is up, but...
- It looks like we miscommunicated some things in bug 545148 and might have to clear those up.
- If you're not CCd on the bug ping me in #sumodev.
- Priority 1 for jsocol is getting this running correctly.
2.0 - Kitsune-powered search results:
- What's left?
- 13 open bugs, but some are low priority, and others have fixes ready except for tests, or baking.
- We'll need to push 1.5.4 at the same time to pick up changes to the URLs for search.
- If you want a bug in 1.5.4, please put 1.5.4? in the whiteboard and add a comment with the reason it needs to happen now. We'll triage continuously this week.
- We'll work on getting data migrated to Unicode and assume the colliding articles will be changed.
- Need to start finalizing strings and hopefully have something to localize by next week.
- Very tentative schedule:
- Code freeze: 16 April?
- Push: 22 April?
- Extremely subject to change.
2.1 - Discussion forums:
- Draft PRD is up for discussion forums.
- Very optimistic plan:
- Code freeze: 30 April
- Push: 6 May
- For more realism, add 7-14 days.
2.2 - Support forums:
- Draft PRD is up. Cww: Is it still a draft?
- Pulling dates out of thin air:
- Code freeze: 18 June
- Push: 29 June
- We'll aim for earlier so we don't cut the quarter so close.
- jsocol finds it too easy to keep typing at 1am. --jsocol
Mar 23, 2010
- 1.5.2/3 (mobile)
- Still aiming for Thursday (3/25).
- QA: how is it looking?
- Contains many fixes from 1.5.3 as well.
- 1.5.3 (desktop)
- Planning to push next Tuesday (3/30)?
- Will require Gearman (bug 551313) which may be a stumbling point with IT.
Mar 15, 2010
- 1.5.2 launched Thursday night; Live Chat accounts migrated
- Laura leaving SUMO (for Socorro)
- Kitsune milestones reviewed and updated Support/Kitsune_Milestones
- 1.5.3 status
- Kitsune status
Mar 8, 2010
- Google Summer of Code -- potential SUMO projects? (djst)
- 1.5.2 - two outstanding bugs, push tomorrow?
- 1.5.3 - timeline work for everybody?
- Kitsune updates - midterm review this week
Mar 1, 2010
- Couple of remaining bugs are nearly done - can't push this week due to QA offsite
- Aim for push next Tuesday, so if you have any other bugs that you need done, now's the time for nominations
- Staging server should be up sometime this week
Feb 23, 2010
- Welcome Kadir!
- 1.5.2 status?
- Any goals for 1.5.3?
- Kitsune (2.0) status
Feb 17, 2010
- 1.5.1: process and review
- Dates for 1.5.2
- Kitsune update
Feb 8, 2010
- 1.5.1 status
- IT waiting on a package for stage from zzxc for bug 541983. Status?
- Another round of QA and then launch, date still TBD
- Plans for first milestone
Feb 1, 2010
- 1.5.1 status and timeline
- 1.5.2 nominations (and [criteria])
- browser ballot template
- 1.5.2 focus: mobile.support.mozilla.com
- mobile SUMO forums
- mobile SUMO CSS - hold for 1.5.3?
- Kitsune status
Jan 25, 2010
- Most of today's meeting will be around discussing these criteria and arriving at a go-no-go decision.
- Briefly: 1.5.1 status and timeline
Jan 19, 2010
- tiki-trunk discussion (bugs)
- This is number one priority - all devs should work on these bugs
- First part is for James and Laura to plan build process, involve IT (Jeremy).
- Meeting 9am PT Mondays?
- 1.5.1 status (bugs)
- Instructions for testing Live Chat login migration, which will be turned on after 1.5.1 ships.
- Tiki build process discussion (if time)
Jan 12, 2010
- Meeting time/Paul.
- 1.5.1 freeze status? (Not looking great: 12 bugs).
- Goals for Q1 and releases:
- Search in AAQ - 1.5.1
- TikiWiki upgrade - 2.0
- EU browser ballot preparations - 1.5.1
- Verbatim for l10n - 2.0.1
- Improve Fennec support experience (CSS work) - 2.0.1
- Release timeline:
- 1.5.1 end of Jan
- 2.0 end of Feb?
- 2.0.1 end of March?