Agenda & Notes
- Account Provisioning
- Next steps after discussions w/legal: dmose to review server API structuring discussion w/gozer & bwinton
- 2.0 EOL
- 3.0 EOL
- Discussion started on tb-drivers
- Standard8 to drive experimenting with revising start pages to inform users about old/unsupported versions to provoke more updates
- Standard8 to draft announcement and pass round drivers then tb-planning.
- Standard8 needs to document flags
- Otherwise still waiting for branching decision based on account provisioning.
- Standard8 to bump trunk to 3.3a1 to match Bugzilla versioning
- Tracemonkey builder
- sent email to js folks
- Discussions with sayrer indicate that he wants a "Canary" style system, to protect tracemonkey tree from comm-central bustages.
- mozilla-central considering branching sometime in the next week or two
- probably want comm-central to mostly follow the branch, possibly with one or two tinderboxen to follow the trunk. Standard8 to put together more detailed thoughts.
- libxul work progressing.
- most of the issue lying in LDAP integration.
- 3.1.4 & 3.0.8
- MoCo look like they are homing in on having one fix out.
- Still following them, but expect a release later this week.
- 3.1.4 to respin for a second font issue & startup crasher once Gecko has fix.
- 3.1.4 may also take part of PDF/apple-double bug
- Anti-Virus Vendors
- McAfee trying to reproduce and work on the reported problem. Sent them further details yesterday.
- McAfee interested in a mailing list and also in getting closer integrated so that they don't detect false positives in our executables.
- Advertised major updates
- 3.0 -> 3.1.2:
- 11th Aug @ 10%, 13th Aug @ 25%, 25th Aug completely unthrottled.
- 7th September: Major updates removed due to 3.0.7 release
- 2.0 -> 3.1.2:
- 18th Aug @ 10%, 31st Aug @ 20%
- Probably 500k users upgraded, maybe more
- Looking at % ADUs across each build:
- 11 Aug: 2.0: 47.7%, 3.0: 33.2%, 3.1: 19%
- 30 Aug: 2.0: 40.5%, 3.0: 15.7%, 3.1: 43.8%
- 7 Sept: 2.0: 34.1%, 3.0: 13.1%, 3.1: 52.2%
- 13 Sept: 2.0: 30.7%, 3.0: 12.7%, 3.1: 56.6%
- Some users are asking how to downgrade on gsfn
- fixed a few bugs
- Throttle levels should stay the same 1 out of 5 will get an update offer. 1 ping a day (limiting factors: a few crashers, notably 3.1.4 blocker and one other)
- Quick filter not visible enough for some user
- Some password issues
- 3.0 -> 3.1.2:
dmose: yeah, i wonder if the more leveraged place to iterate on design is sumomo front page dmose: eg we can make a few changes to the start page, which we should dmose: but presumably we're only going to have a room for a little, and then that content will guide people to SuMoMo
- Conversion funnel
Standard8, rebron, wsmwk, ludo, bienvenu, gozer, dmose