Agenda & Notes
Account Provisioning, Open Search, & priorities
- Moving along slowly.
- Got interest from a new paid provider.
General Release Train Thoughts
- It is probably best to mirror the FF channels - central, aurora, beta and release.
- L10n then just be able to follow along the same idea as FF.
- We keep the same structure of branches, and we don't have L10n confused by the fact we're only stable when we get to beta.
- Actual structure of repos
- Maybe two repos, one m-c, one c-c.
- Maybe one repo with c-c and m-c merged.
- We will need canary if we have a central/nightly channel.
- Getting to the next release and on the train.
- Firefox schedules:
- 17 May: 5.0 merges from aurora to beta, 6.0 merges from central to aurora.
- 21 June: 6.0 merges from aurora to beta, 7.0 merges from central to aurora.
- 22 June: 5.0 releases.
- Thunderbird schedule proposal (very draft):
- Depends on what we can do from l10n perspective.
- Restrict check-ins from 3rd May?
- 10th May: String & feature freeze for Thunderbird.
- 24th or 31st May: Miramar to beta channel, next version to aurora.
- This gives l10n 2 or 3 weeks.
- 28th June: Miramar release. Next version to beta channel. Next+1 to aurora.
- L10n will have had 4 or 5 weeks.
- 2nd August: Next version release (in sync with FF), Next+1 to beta, Next+2 to aurora.
- L10n will have had 5 weeks.
- Next cycle will get l10n full 6 weeks.
Stability & Security Releases
- 3.1.10 out to beta. Looking reasonable so far.
- Keeping an eye on Firefox issues.
- Need to co-ordinate with Sancus.
- Talked to someone on metrics about looking at numbers.
bwinton, dmose, bienvenu, rebron, standard8, gozer, roland