last meeting | index | next meeting »
|Thunderbird 3.2||Thunderbird 3.1.2||Thunderbird 3.0.7|
|To Be Announced||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, August 3rd, 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> _Tsk_
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- ISPDB conversion 30 - 34% - top missing domians: secureserver.net psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, rr.com, cox.net go2.pl ovh.net netease.com, att.net netsolmail.net, adding next 20 will improve success rate by 4%
- Funnel cake retention after 3 months still at 80%
- Next: Experimenting with web copy on top pages in the funnel
Not much - here we'll try to get more to give more visibility. Account provisioning work - waiting on backend API - offer email to new users.
- Initial tb-planning thread, quick summary:
- 3.2 based off a comm-1.9.2 with mozilla-1.9.2 with limited back-ported features and fixes.
- Would allow some API changes (many for extensions benefit) and string changes.
- Next trunk release would be after FF 4 ships, possibly as little as one month, depending on what state our trunk is in, features landed etc.
- Extra work if the branch would be setup now.
Major updates to 3.1
- 3.1.2 underway; expected to ship on Thursday
- Then push prompted major updates to TB 3.1.2.
- Initial 3.0.6 -> 3.1.2 push planned for Tuesday, 10th August.
- Initial 184.108.40.206 -> 3.1.2 push planned for TBD, prob. Tuesday 17th August.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Contacts addon planed for release today or tomorrow
- In 2 weeks -> Mailing list addons
- More pormotion for them when pushed out.
- Trying to get a release rythm.
- Working on releases
- usual triage work going on Thanks to Wada, Wayne , Pasquale.
- Press Update: Little Tweaks Make Mozilla Thunderbird More Elegant, Easier to Use, review on Bilde.de, otherwise slow news cycle this week
- ADUs: 5.4MM ADUs, 2.7MM on Tb 3.x -- Top locations: Germany, US, Japan, France, Italy
- Tb 3.1.2 pr/mktg work
- Messaging Add-ons pr/mktg work
- Reviewing surveys w/ Firefox marketing team
- 3.1 Support Issues - nothing really major so far, seems to be better than 3.0.x - please add your support issues to the Discussion page of this wiki page; emailReport.rb is new script for Get Satisfaction daily report
- SuMoMo - 2 more German localizers, wilkommen! Working on revamp of front page
- Seems to be a firewall/anti-virus (Comodo?)/graphics/sound driver issue with TB 3.1.1, WinXP & NC10 Netbook causing BSOD GS, bug 583294 ; 99% sure this is not a TB issue, Roland to follow up and see if we can get a definitive workaround like we had with NVIDIA back in the TB 2 days
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details -
We have decided to go the same route that Thunderbird is with our releases.
- We will release 1.0b3pre from comm-1.9.2/mozilla-1.9.2.
- Land everything on trunk, backport only a selected set of patches to 1.9.2.
- This will mostly include caldav fixes and improved error reporting
1.0b4 / 1.1a1pre
Depending on when the mozilla 2.0 release of Thunderbird will happen, we might do another release off of 1.9.2, but its likely that the next release afterwards will be a mozilla 2.0 release.
- XPCOM bustage still nagging on us. We're waiting for calendar reviews on bug 576746 and core bug 579178.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Rebron Dmose bwinton standard8 Bryan gozer roland Phillip