From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Meeting Changes

Critical Issues

  • Florian: Twitter will stop working on May 7th for existing Tb builds, bug 857049 needs urgent attention.


Action Items From last Week

  • Standard8: Document flags to tb-planning
  • Standard8: Follow up with metric numbers being public
    • This should be happening soon, work has been done, waiting for final approvals
  • Standard8: Look into having these meeting notes blogged
  • Move http.jsm into toolkit? Maybe? clokep will talk to Mossop about that.
    • Mossop wants to know - are there XULRunner based TB / IB instances? Kinda.... people have been fiddling with it. Might as well land the module in XULRunner as well.
  • jcranmer: Ping bienvenu about WIP maildir converter for GSoC (by friday)
    • Looks like this moved forward a bit - jcranmer is listed as the mentor for this project.
  • Roland: is there a way we can give people SUMO permissions for article editing without having to bug you about it?
    • other people have approver priviledges e.g. Wayne and Jen and others! So need to ping me but I will do reviews this week if nobody beats me to it! - Roland to send email to other approvers and how to turn on email notifications.

Friends of the Tree

  • Archaeopteryx (aryx) - for the mailServices conversion bug 852690
  • WADA - for testing >4GB mbox files and maildir bugs bug 845952

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to that she can send them a shirt!

Google Summer of Code

Status Updates


  • Ensemble
    • jcranmer has given some great feedback on bug 841603 - will hopefully update the patch sometime next week and ask for a real review.
    • Targetting to land this work in Thunderbird 23
  • Helped fix some permanent oranges in content-tabs/test-plugin-crashing.js
  • Lots and lots of reviews (will hopefully have lots of time in the evenings next week to do some more - maybe even clear my queue!)
  • Also trying to once and for all deal with the click_menus_in_sequence popup Mozmill failures for Linux (you'll get a bev. from aceman if you do fix it:)). I think I have a working solution, I just need to make it work across the rest of our tests too.


  • Need quick action in bug 855631 (or so I think) as it now needs to be copied to aurora too.
  • Is there any plan on development in the TB24 cycle? E.g. smaller changes, no changes affecting addons, no tree-wide changes with potential of breakage (like the (mail)services conversions)? Seems mconley and jcranmer also target some big work for 23.
    • Small changes could be accepted on TB24 cycle, but we're trying to keep the changes there small in order to reduce any regressions (since we're short of hands on QA)
  • Killing of nsISupportsArray continues. Do we attempt to kill nsIMsgFilter.idl::searchTerms before TB25 - so that probably means in 23? If yes, we need a plan as it is tree-wide (bug 857230). And it may clash with the other tree-wide planned changes (mconley & jcranmer). (Answer: shouldn't be a conflict with jcranmer or mconley's work)
  • Possible progress for >4GB mboxes, follow links from bug 789679. Build (patches) to test at . Irving is reviewing it.


  • Lots of reviews
  • Released TB 17.0.5 & esr
  • Helped fixing bustage & permanent oranges
  • Extra folder columns 1.1.5 now approved


  • Other people have SUMOMO KB approver priviledges e.g. Wayne and Jen and others! So need to ping me but I will do reviews this week if nobody beats me to it! - Roland to send email to other approvers and how to turn on email notifications.


  • I owe the community a few major bugs for me to fix before TB 24, so feel free to send candidates to me (e.g. filter on send, "stop filter execution" problem would be nice). I might want to look at that send hang with ...attachment or perhaps the SMTP protocol issue, but I have not really decided.
  • Otherwise, I continue on a daily basis working on Exchange support. Generally, email support is fully functional though with lots of little issues.

Action Items

  • Investigating possibilities for dropping second ESR release channel whilst maintaining mainstream the same as the ESR releases.
  • Standard8: arrange for swag to be sent to WADA and aryx who are our awesome FotT.
  • Where is Ben Kerensa? (on IRC :-P) - he should come to these meetings. :)

Question Time


Usul, rkent, aceman, wsmwk, rolandtanglao, Standard8, florian, mconley, mkmelin, bwinton?, irving