From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Thunderbird meeting notes 2015-02-24. NOON PST. Previous meetings:


aceman, clokep, Fallen, jcranmer, Jorg K, Marco A.G.Pinto, mconley, mkmelin, Paenglab, rkent, Roland, wsmwk, JoeS1, Pegasus

Action items from last meetings

  • organize 36 beta postmortem meeting (wsmwk)
  • lightning integration meeting (rkent/fallen)

Friends of the tree

Current status and discussions

Critical Issues

Critical bugs. Please leave these here until they're confirmed fixed.

  • Auto-complete improvements - some of those could go into esr31 (bug 1042561 still an issue)
  • ldap crasher: we'll need to see this in beta, trial patch should be in beta 37
  • certificate crasher: looking at crash stats for c-c I believe this is fixed.
  • Lightning integration
  • maildir UI: nothing more to do for UI, still want to land a patch for letting IMAP set this.
  • gloda IM search regressions: mostly fixed, some db cleanup necessary for users of TB33+ that nhnt11 will hopefully have ready to land soon.

Release Issues


  • Thunderbird 38 (with string freeze) merge was Monday February 23, 2015 -
  • Thunderbird 38 interface freeze mid March. (2015-03-17+/-few days)
  • 31.5.0 ships today (2015-02-24)
  • 37.0b1

Lightning to Thunderbird Integration


  • As underpass has pointed out repeatedly (thanks for your patience!) , we need to rewrite / heavily modify the lightning articles on let me know irc: rolandtanglao on #tb-support-crew or rtanglao AT OR simply start editing the articles

Round Table


  • OAuth2 patches that needed strings are landed
    • Still have to land the IMAP, SMTP, and autoconfig glue implementation
  • Making progress on bug 1126607 (killing the LDAP build system altogether)
  • Hoping to finish getting mozmill on mozharness working on buildbot this week


  • looking at open db issue from bug {{bug|1135310}
  • note I am proposing that interface freeze target for TB 38 in about 3 weeks
  • I view my role to keep watching TB 38 codebase as it rides forward.
  • tracking-tb38 is the proper flag to set for issues that we have to track


  • coordinated QA for 31.5.0, 36.0b1
  • we need a project calendar. on google?
  • bedrock, web page migrations to are continuing
  • will be looking at nightly and beta start pages
  • need to determine what fixes and enhancements most need testing. And when (i.e. Earlybird, and/or beta)
  • fighting crashes in Thunderbird (and Firefox)
  • FINALLY, we may have a handle on bug 1135310 closing idle folder databases potentially broken


  • Did some minor reviewing - probably the biggest thing was hiro's addition of about:downloads.


  • opened the db issue in bug bug 1135310 :)
  • landed bug 464973 - columns in folder pane
  • now in polishing and regression fixing mode

clokep (no mic)

  • Found some issues with indexing of chat logs for gloda bug 1103647
    • Fix has landed, everything should work fine for people upgrading from 31.x to 38
    • People on nightly/aurora/beta after TB 31 will need to re-index some of their *chat* logs, unsure how this will be done yet: bug 1135291
    • All the pending fixes to be uplifted to 38
  • Bringing up chat search results from gloda should work again bug 1003105 and bug 1069845
  • aleth ported two features from Instantbird (please test them!):
    • Unread ruler to show the last read message bug 760762, keyboard shortcuts so you can scroll to that position
    • Better tab complete bug 1134905
  • Currently planning to release Instantbird 1.6 off of Gecko 38 (to be synced with TB ESR)
  • Thanks for the Google Summer of Code ideas!

Question Time

Support team


  • Note - meeting notes must be copied from etherpad to wiki before 5AM CET next day so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.
  • postmortem meeting immediately following status meeting

Action Items