Thunderbird notes 2016-11-01. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- 1 Attendees
- 2 MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
- 3 Action items from last meetings
- 4 Current status / Announcements
- 5 Current Release Critical Issues
- 6 Version 52
- 7 Releases
- 8 Lightning
- 9 Round Table
- 10 Question Time
- 11 Other
- 12 Friends of the tree
- 13 Action Items
- 14 Help Wanted
wsmwk, marcoagpinto, ba, mkmelin, Jorg K, MakeMyDay, rkent, Paenglab, aceman
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
- tracking matrix: http://hg.mozilla.org/users/kent_caspia.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html
- leftovers of nominated 38(?) : http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
- Tree issues:
- dashboard: https://mozilla.kewis.ch/treestatus/#/tb-treestatus
- c-c closed due to bug 1303184
important (but not top critical) Cleared this section: Last published https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2016-09-20
- tracking-tb52 flags: unfixed ?/+ - http://mzl.la/?????
- Gloda autocomplete regression: bug 1271445
- Discussion about release manager and managing the release early to push bugs with string changes (like the "untagged bug", GSOC: maildir<->mbox).
- Jorg K to manage TB 52 Aurora and beta.
- Tracking flags to be set.
- Wayne to send a message to tb-planning about the string freeze. (done)
- 50.0beta 1
- 50.0beta 2
- 50.0beta 3
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- next merge date: 2016-11-14
- 51.0beta 1
- 4.0.8 (bundled)
- 126.96.36.199 (bundled)
- 4.7.2 (bundled)
- 4.7.4 (bundled)
- bug 1310446 Regression from part caching.
- bug 1311821 Regression from hiding windows search (trivial).
- bug 1312314 News message not showing all attachments
- bug 1313775 Bustage fix (Linux builds)
- bug 1279327 Bustage fix: Opening file attachments. Mike Conley fixed.
- bug 1314221 Bustage fix (Packaging)
- Conducted Daily builds on try to detect and fix bustage, the three mentioned above and two fixed by FRG.
- Cleaned up code for GSOC mbox<->maildir bug 856087
- Awaiting review:
- exploring shipping 64-bit for 52 (no progress)
- betas builds l10 for 50 beta 2 and beta 3 were clean
- updated https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/chiakis-io-patches
- 50.0b3 confirms topcrash bug 1302478 InvalidArrayIndex_CRASH is resolved. So one crash signature related to mailsummaries addon is gone .. but more InvalidArrayIndex bugs are to be filed and fixed. New: bug 1314347 and bug 1314348 open: bug 1311672 not yet uplifted: bug 1312136 (50.0b3 topcrash)
- filing and dealing with crash-stats infrastructure issues
- McAfee addon crashes - after 2 months of work, no conclusive results
- string freeze discussion - makemyday will follow up with fallen
- bug 1278795 Permanent crash on startup in mork code due to gcc6 optimizations (but also flagged by clang on OS X). This is not a problem yet as the official compiler is gcc 4.8, but may be soon. Once the servers switch to gcc6 (on linux), TB becomes unusable. SUSE distro already had to modify their build settings to work around this (see bug 1251576.
It seems mork code depends on calling object members of a null object (this=nullptr), which is quite unusual and it seems gcc6 optimizes away checks of (this==nullptr) thinking that should never occur in proper code. This needs a C++ guru to entangle this code :(
- Council call with SFC
- should we publicize this to tb-planning? Is there interest to be in Floss Weekly podcast (twit.tv network) to try finding new contributors? Bottom left cell, if there is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_dOHpYlzRlMb0JEzwUcAUflPz8PLq7dKkosBkjISeyo/pubhtml?gid=1&single=true (Merike)
connecting with vidyo broken on OS X Sierra? +1
Friends of the tree
- Accessibility lead
- Person comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example, graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Lead to run the donation campaign after TB 45 is released.