Thunderbird notes 2020-02-04 NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- 1 Attendees
- 2 MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
- 3 Action items from last meetings
- 4 Current status / Announcements
- 5 Current Release Critical Issues
- 6 Releases
- 7 Round Table
- 8 Question Time
- 9 Help Wanted
mkmelin, pmorris, Khushil, rob, Paenglab,
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
- The tree: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=comm-central
Thunderbird Release Schedule:
- TB 68.4.2 (2020-01-24)
- TB 73 beta 1 (2020-01-31)
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- Branching: next branch to TB 75: 2020-02-10
- TB 74 beta1 (next week)
Geoff (not attending, 9 AM in NZ)
- bug 1574183 - At start-up, check for newer versions of extensions disabled by application update
- bug 1610457 - Add junk and junkScore properties to message objects that are returned from APIs
- bug 1609885 - Port bug 1609271 to Thunderbird: Stop using ChromeUtils.import(..., null)
- bug 1610207 - Record Today Pane width whenever it changes
- bug 1604371 - Fix browser_cloudfile.js in artifact builds by registering a fake provider
- Port bug 1475043 - Allow "" as shortcut in commands.update
- bug 1612480 - Stop expanding mailing lists when passed to the compose.begin* API functions
- bug 1532528 - Add an API event that can block message sending from the compose window
- bug 1610400 - Fail gracefully when formatting a date with a timezone unknown to Services.intl
- In progress:
- went to FOSDEM
- implemented OAuth2 authentication for POP3 accounts
- converting xul:groupbox
- created Thunderbird release calendar - see above
- Landing soon:
- In review:
- In process:
- In the queue:
- bug 1612190 - Remove MOZ_CALENDAR build config flag
- bug 1612198 - Remove NO_COMPONENTS_MANIFEST build variable
- bug 1612170 - Make the calExtract module work with non-en-US locales
- bug 1599212 - Remove or otherwise de-overlay the XUL overlay files related to seamonkey/suite
- bug 357480 - [meta] Opening or adding .ics files to calendar by double click
- bug 306495 - autodetect remote calendar type so user doesn't need to pick (with DNS or .well-known
- firming up release scheduling with rest of release team
- bug 1610474 - Make the editable menulist on Windows Classic prettier and don't hide the dropmarker when editable menulist is disabled.
- bug 1610739 - Port bug 1592725: Enable async live stacks in Nightly and DevEdition.
- bug 1610927 - Fix the new compose header appearance with the default dark theme and some style tweaks.
- bug 1610746 - Fix XML parsing error in "Insert Charachters and Symbols" dialog.
- bug 1611501 - Port bug 1607575: Change consumers of XUL ordinal attribute to use the -moz-box-ordinal-group style instead.
- bug 1611636 - Make the attachmentItem inline-level in the message pane attachment list.
- bug 1610434 - Windows 7: Hide the titlebar-placeholder when drawInTitletbar and non-autohide menu bar.
- bug 1612182 - Style the otr-button also for dark themes.
- bug 1611612 - Fix the thread pane column picker tooltip and add the column picker tooltip to the folder pane and address book.
- bug 1612614 - Fix on Mac HiDPI the person icon in mailing lists.
- bug 1574409 - Reduce code duplication in sccache configuration between Firefox and Thunderbird
- bug 1610361 - Remove references to comm-esr60 from Taskcluster configs
- bug 1610863 - Use rust-size toolchain when building Thunderbird in CI
- bug 1611014 - mach taskgraph fails with schema validation error when run with --root option from commandline
- bug 1611212 - Port bug 1605275 - Use worker aliases for scriptworkers
- bug 1611256 - Enable gecko-cron for comm-beta and comm-esr68
- In progress:
aleca (not attending, fighting a flu)
- bug 1602372 - Trim recipient area keyboard focus ring (avoid unlimited recipient tab stops)
- bug 1609958 - Cursor not visible upon first edit of recipient pill
- bug 1609895 - Slightly longer recipient address pushes recipients area UI elements out of screen
- bug 1609901 - Space in recipient's originalInput hard to remove with Backspace as it's falsy - polish trimming
- bug 1607526 - Don't show the To: field if the Newsgroup or Follow-up fields are in use
- In progress:
- bug 1589005 - implement account hub for a centralized way to set up mail, calendar, filelink, online addressbook, and potentially other services
- bug 1609977 - Recipient pill context: Rename "Delete" menu to "Remove recipient" / "Remove N recipients"
- bug 1611793 - Add Cc/Bcc addressing field should be reported to screen reader as button
- bug 1583724 - port [Bug 1451992 - Migrate the XUL of Preferences subdialogs to Fluent] to Thunderbird
- Updated Website Footer links
- Create Careers page
- Changed references from Mozilla Foundation to MZLA Corporation
- FOSDEM presentation mockups
- bug 1226362 - Use HTML Drag and Drop API in Thunderbird, get rid of nsDragAndDrop.js
- In Progress:
- In Queue:
Better way to do release notes?