< Thunderbird | Support
An informal list of Mail Service Provider Outages and Bugs
Nothing big; just used to informally keep a history so we can learn from history!
- Thunderbird / GMail: Failed to Connect to Server error - ANSWERED: NOT a TB problem; temporary Google problem (DNS entry removed for googlemail?), fixed by Google Saturday August 7th, 2010 8:30a.m.
- Thunderbird has stopped getting yahoo mail due to a Yahoo server issue on June 22, 2011. ANSWERED: Not a Thunderbird problem but a Yahoo server problem because it happens with Outlook and other email clients not just Thunderbird - fixed by Yahoo June 24, 2011
- Yahoo bug blocked sent email (flagged it as abuse) with #FFFFFF WORKAROUND: use lowercase #ffffff - March 10, 2012 - fixed by Yahoo March 12, 2012
- AT&T changed their settings for u-verse and "normal" AT&T recently to inbound.att.net,port 995, SSL and outbound.att.net, port 465, SSL bug doesn't look like they communicated this to their customers well - Hmmm perhaps AT&T changed the settings in October 2010 but didn't break the old settings until March 2012?
- Brief Gmail IMAP outage around August 9, 2012. Appears to have been resolved by Google on August 10, or 11 2012 - [bug 781543], [GS1]
- YouSendIt problem with existing files (new files unaffected) - September 14, 2012 10am.ish