tb-support-crew is a mailing list for volunteers who provide public support to Thunderbird users. tb-support-crew is a community to help contributors better support Thunderbird users.
- support of Thunderbird end users (that's https://support.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird)
- engaging Thunderbird developers (that's Bugzilla and Thunderbird/tb-planning)
- enterprise related discussions (that's Thunderbird/tb-enterprise)
tb-support-crew is an un-moderated private list:
- Anyone who demonstrates that they publicly support Thunderbird users.
- Only members can post. Posts from subscribers are not moderated.
- Why private? Because the word "support" in our title attracts users asking for support. Again end user support is https://support.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird.
Messages should be on topic and:
- Be nice (in other words, no personal attacks, ranting, etc.)
- Be constructive (in other words, no repetition, venting, etc.)
- Use the following topic keywords enclosed in square brackets anywhere in the subject line:
- [hot] for informal,timely, raw support links and discussion
- [sumo] for material pertaining to support.mozilla.org
- [general] for anything that's not hot or SuMoMo
Examples of discussion we are looking for:
- Timely links to raw informal support information (e.g. public forums, blogs, knowledge bases, etc)
- We have this support issue in our community, anybody else seen this in their community? Any ideas on how to fix this for users?
- Top support issues in a particular support community.
- We need a knowledge base article for this topic, does anybody know of one?
- Encouraging & increasing community involvement in support & other Mozilla communities.
- Effective management of the relationship between bugzilla <--> support venue <--> users.
- Best Practices: How Can Community Support Contributors support Thunderbird users better?
Messages that do not meet these rules may result in moderation of the subscriber. Whitelisting membership may be used at the discretion of the list-owner.
Subscribe or unsubscribe at https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/tb-support-crew
Chat Channel: on Matrix #tb-support-crew:mozilla.org