last bugday/testday | index | next bugday/testday »
Bug Day June 12 th , 2013
How to get help, how to get started, and schedule for Bugdays.
Bug days are conducted to help move bugs toward getting fixed, and to close bug reports which cannot be reproduced, by testing the user's report and by helping users improve the quality of their bug report. In more fun terms what we do is swat, squash, pound, massage, and stomp bugs into submission.
Broadly, today's goal is to improve Thunderbird 24, by helping users who are willing to test and report bugs. Today's primary focus is to triage unresolved bugs reported after 2012-08-01 (roughly when Thunderbird 17 development process started in earnest), including (if you use Lightning) bugs reported for the Lightning:
- Thunderbird+mailnews bugs: tabular chart@, list ~626 bugs
- Calendar/Lightning bugs: list ~160 bugs
- @ to sort, click on column headings such as component name
Check the tips below for help about what to do when checking a bug report. Also, to test whether a bug reproduces you will want to use a Thunderbird build more current than version 17. In which case backup your profile and take other prudent precautions before testing, then install one of the following versions:
- TB22 beta, Calendar beta v2.4b1 under Development Channel
- TB23 Earlybird, Calendar Earlybird v2.5a2
- TB24 Daily development build, Daily Calendar v2.6a1
Beyond the bugs cited above:
- If no bug reports in the queries above interest you, please ask for help on IRC (see tips below)
- You can help users in the Thunderbird/Calendar support forum. Just pick a topic no one has answered (find the items with "0 replies") and give your advice to a fellow user. See tips on giving help in getsatisfaction
- Triage Thunderbird 22 beta testing bugs. Testing is still in progress, so if interested please help by grabbing the beta and testing it yourself. (see also description of moztrap testing tool)
- You might triage bugs reported after 2012-08-01 against versions older than 17 ~250 bugs
Thanks for your help!
p.s If you have a non-bug question about using Thunderbird, please consult support website or support forum, or ask in #thunderbird.
Don't be concerned if you don't understand everything, just ask for help.
Check the general Bugdays information, especially the what to do with the bugs.
If you need help, or to offer help, or to just friendly chat with fellow volunteers, go to in #tb-qa IRC channel
Searching in bugzilla can be tricky. Quick search tricks might help. Again, please ask on IRC if you still need help.
For this bugday, the times of the sessions, accounting for 30mins  of grace period before and after each session, were as follows:
Many thanks to volunteers and developers (total 0 - 5) who turned up for this bug day, and others that I may have possibly missed.
- Spreadsheet of bugday results is compiled and updated after each session / bugday.
- The letter Q stands for the query with all the appropriate criteria, which over time may differ from the results that have been logged.
-  Session and period time includes 30mins before and after the official time period, so as to include early and late/spill over activity.
-  A resolution change may be non-terminal, for example a bug may have been reopened.