The metrics extension interacts very closely with its associated server infrastructure.
Long Term Direction
The infrastructure required to handle user generated usage data is going to be immense. We will be tracking thousands of users each sending us thousands of bits of information per day. Some example data can be found in bug 399869.
- Store a stream of events, represented as XML objects, generated by a unique user
- Provide access to aggregate information, and user specific information
- Handle ~2,000,000 unique users information (~1% of 30% marketshare)
- Each user will send thousands of events
- Provide outside facing API for usability researchers
- Allow other XUL based applications to send data to us