|Date:||February 4th, 2014|
|Time:||10:00 AM Pacific|
|How to Join|
|Teleconferencing:||Room 9 798|
|IRC:||#webdev on irc.mozilla.org|
Webdev Extravaganzas are open to the public and serve as a gathering point for anyone in the Mozilla community who is interested in web development and what Mozilla has been doing in it.
There is a recording of the meeting available.
What did we ship this month? Alternatively, what didn't we ship to spare the world the horror?
- (erik) Rewrote the DXR rendering pipeline and shipped a raft of new features. Huge UI overhaul (including a new query parser, less modalness, and bug-free multi-tree support) is landing this week. Props to Schalk, Nick Cameron, James Abbatiello, and everybody else who worked on it.
- (mkelly) giorgos landed Android Snippet support on the snippets service, along with a bunch of other convenient fixes and features.
- (potch) Brick 0.10, soon to be 1.0RC1! New default styles, more pretty.
Any updates with our libraries or with libraries we use? Anyone looking for help with a library they maintain?
- (erik) django-tidings master now supports Django 1.5, maybe even higher.
- (potch) https://github.com/dimka665/awesome-slugify on mailing list
New Hires / Interns / Volunteers
Anyone new that we want to induct into the secret order?
- (fill me in!)
The Bikeshed / Roundtable
Anything else to talk about?
- (erik/mythmon) We invented the re-leveling stream graph, which fixes the one disadvantage of the stream graph: the ability to tell when an individual slice is rising or falling. source
- (pmac) Discuss Playdoh and deployment future. Who is doing what that we could all benefit from.
- (potch) Use Promises! Use Promises/A+! Use ES6 Promises today! https://github.com/jakearchibald/ES6-Promises