- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself if desired, to keep phone noise down.
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
- Ongoing bug triage
- Partner Builds 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199:
- Google, Yahoo, Kodak delivered.
- Seznamd, T-Online completed, to be delivered.
- Packard Bell, Fujitsu-Siemens are in progress
- Major Software Updates testing 188.8.131.52->184.108.40.206 starting this week
- Thanks to everyone who participated in Friday's test day on the RC bits. We had a great turn out, running over 270 test cases on litmus along with a lot of dog fooding.
- We have RC1 candidate binaries available: 
- Build team has started the software update work for upgrading beta users. Once this is ready, we'll officially release RC1. That should happen this week.
- Migrated cvs-www, www.mozilla.org build system - rheet is gone :-)
- Remora launch work/updates
- Bouncer2 migration - updates to thunderbird 2.0, then the rest of the products
- Migration of qa perf machines and tinderbox pages to IT this week
- robcee has implemented a way to clobber the testing Tinderboxen; see his post for more information.
- Looks like egg has lost its mind sometime last week, so we've disabled autoconf regeneration, and will be looking at it today; progress is being tracked in bug 375219
- An update to first-level IT Tinderbox support
- We'll be IT Nagios paging next week for the tier 1 machines
- Before filing blocker bugs against IT for on-call/tier 1 tinderboxes, please look at the Build:Farm page, to make sure it's a tier 1 machine if it's not during business hours. Being paged on the weekend is stressful, and we should only page IT to help if it's a tier 1 machine.
- We're working with IT and WebDev to have the Thunderbird 2 release use Bouncer2.
- Coop got Talkback auto-submitting on the perf testing machines; you can now search Talkback for the reports with the test names.
- Build automation is still underway and could use your help Project Plan and Tracking Bug
- We'll be moving the Tp page load server off of axolotl, so the machine can be retired; progress is tracked in bug 363499; the tree will be closed when we do the move to let the numbers settle down.
- Test Execution
- Test Development
- Working on machine readable format for branding/L10n/Partner requirements. We are considering an xml format. We are working on clarifying the priority of different branding values in the product and which ones should be explicitly verified and which should be monitored for changes. [alice, bc]
- Tools and Infrastructure
- Performance tools [alice]
- The graph server extension was checked in. Working on getting it onto graphs.mozilla.org
- flipped on full pageset performance testing on bm-winxp01. Before it was using a reduced set for buildbot integration. Many failures seen before on trunk have been resolved. A few broken things that now need to be fixed. We are closer than we've ever been before!!
- Finished documenting buildbot usage. See: Buildbot Testfarm User Manual
- Started discussions with about how to deal with Hendrix data; revived Hendrix Data Analyzer project after talking to Gerv. Will help develop tool through collaboration with community. [jay, ss]
- Litmus: bug 370211 - updated coverage code [coop]
- Performance tools [alice]
- test Day Friday, March 30th. The theme was Thunderbird 2.0 testing [marcia, and many others]
- Continued work on QMO
- Finished basic Drupal 5.1 site configuration and started customization. Evaluating several modules that will help us better manage the community and projects
- Site still available to QA team at http://quality-drupal.stage.mozilla.com/; received good feedback from the team and tried to incorporate their ideas into what I have now (some ideas won't be implemented until later when modules are setup and working).
- Working with on module and test suite association. See Spreadsheet [ray, tchung]
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Continuing to work on eBay related marketing and product development project
- Overall event calendar for next 12 months is being pulled together by Mary Colvig. She'll be getting in touch with the devrel folks this week for initial review.
- Speaking of events: at Web 2.0 Expo April 15-18 in San Francisco, Mike Beltzner, Alex Faaborg, Brendan Eich and John Resig will each be presenting.
- Mary and Rhian Baker are pulling the event plan together for OSCON July 23-27 in Portland.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- clouserw is on vacation this week
- Fred got safely back to Germany and has already had some real beer:
< wenzel> morgamic: hell yeah I got some German beer :)
- AMO is live
- Working through critical bugs
- Looking pretty good so far
- Planning out
- Examined release bootstrap
- Worked on bouncer integration for Bouncer1
- Bouncer2 boostrap this week
- Moving on to post-stage verification
- Researched RDBMS needs for server schema, settled on PostgreSQL 8.2
- Drummed up ER diagram and lots of notes
- Looking for feedback from any database experts on how to design this db so it is scalable (see notes page above for the discussion)
- Working on actual schema this week after going over relationships w/ team
- Small survey project for cbeard
- Bouncer2 back in the picture for Tb 2.0