- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking and backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
Asa Dotzler nominated the build team for their heroic efforts and forward progress in build automation that helped us ship 2007 in 6.25 days.
Fx 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52
- Firefox 184.108.40.206 shipped last Tuesday, (9/18)
- Firefox 220.127.116.11 code freeze date has moved and it is to be decided. Planned tentative release date (10/4) will likely be pushed back by week or two.
- No Updates This Week
- Currently tracking and focusing on security bugs in trunk. Fuzzers are identifying bugs, and we're down two from our all time high.
- Reminder that the M9 code freeze is Oct 16; however, we will enter Tree Control Level Red two weeks before the freeze, Tue. Oct 2nd (only a week away!). The means all checkins require end-game driver approval (MConnor, CBeard, Beltzner, Basil, Schrep, Damon, Vlad).
- as always, latest Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 status meeting notes are available
- M8 shipped last Thursday
- Places Organizer
- Preview pane
- New toolbar menus/nav
- More work and lots of polish coming
- Identity UI
- Larry to reland, most perf issues solved, new leads coming
- Perf Goals for Fx3 front end
- 50% decrease in chrome overhead vs. chromeless Tp testing
- 20% Txul (new window) improvement
- 10% Ts (startup) improvement
- To be blogged tonight
- M9 Schedule
- Entering endgame driver control next Wednesday, Oct 3rd
- Freeze Oct 17th
- stage migration - Thursday, 7/27
- new peering fabric - any2 exchange. Should be up this week, many peering possibilities, including asia.
- new line to ISC in .nl - peering and faster transit. Thanks ISC!
- ftp / archive directory restructure before thurs
- machine migration - downtime thursday 10pm - 2am PST
- tree closed
- sftp access
- More details on preed's blog post.
- FFx 18.104.22.168 focus testing and live testing of this release on Tues.
- FFx 22.214.171.124 Triage [abillings, juanb]
- FFx 3:
- Daily tiger test testing [tomcat, others]
- Finishing up test plans and running new feature tests [tomcat, many others]
- M8 testing. It was released wearly Thursday. [tomcat, many others]
- Tested the new career page (bug 396498
- Special testing of a special Quicktime patch from Apple. This included compatibility with 2.x and 3.0.
Tools and Infrastructure
- Tested Alice's configuration patch for Talos bug 396232. Worked on Talos pageloader component generator bug 396095. Submitted patch to make Talos slaves auto-updating bug 396447 [bhearsum]
- JS test automation: got waterfall display for results working. [robcee, bc]
- Security test automation: made progress completing the automation of about 200 of the security tests. [tracy, bc]
- Setup a dashboard of the Top 4 performance comparison charts [timr]
- Bug day was held on Tues, test day was held on Fri [lead: tomcat]
Memory work and security issues
- PR - Alex Faaborg included in article on Microformats: http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3701096
- MailCo recap
- Welcome David Tenser-- SUMO Project Manager
- SUMO knowledge base to go live this Friday
- We got a lot of helpful feedback regarding things missing from the Firefox 3 documentation plan over the past few days; that information is being processed and added to the plan.
- Work on web-based protocol handler support documentation is in progress.
- JS ctypes are public now, and promise to greatly improve the lot of extension developers.
- Sheppy is looking for more people to tell him what they think are the most important 3 docs on MDC, and Deb wants people to share their favourite power-of-the-web demos and sites.
- Air Mozilla Live with Dan Mosedale, Mitchell Baker, David Ascher. Videocast to be posted this week. If you haven't, get Miro and subscribe. Next Air Mozilla Live will feature Window Snyder.
- prepping for launch of first round of innovation contest
- innovation and enhancement of web experience through fx2 add-ons will be first target
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Laura Thomson is starting today in Webdev. She is a rockstar and we're lucky to have her -- please introduce yourself and make her feel welcome :)
- Finished plugin updating tasks, see staging site or screen shot -- screen shot just shows styles
- Protocol app moving along, staging soon
- Support site beta on track for 9/28
- AMO update sent out last Friday -- fixes to discussions/reviews along with l10n updates -- thanks to everyone who contributed
- Fred (wenzel) patched Bouncer to improve support for locales and is currently working on Sentry improvements and geo-ip location
- AUS v3 URLs now supported (dist, distVersion)
- kubla is updated as of this morning
- IP/legal issues
- Still waiting on more feedback on the proposed corporate contributors agreement.
- Grants and related activities
- Alexander Surkov completed the second milestone on his implementation in Mozilla of the IAccessible2 accessibility API for Windows (to be used by future versions of Firefox and Firefox-compatible screen readers on Windows).
- Ariel Rios completed the second milestone on his project to implement a new collections interface for the GNOME AT-SPI accessibility API (to be used by future versions of Firefox and Firefox-compatible screen readers on Linux).
- Steve Lee completed the final milestone for his project to create a prototype switch-activated on-screen keyboard for Firefox; he'll be showing this at the Mozilla accessibility summit.
- Web sites
- David continued work on getting old www.mozilla.org content archived.