- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
Alex Polvi nominated Andy Edmonds, "for his exceptional advice about implementing an instrumented browser. With his help we have taken the project to a whole new level that will better help Mozilla and the community at large."
Mike Shaver nominated the dtrace team at Sun "for giving us the first good tool we've ever had for understanding front-end performance." Thanks to Alfred Peng <email@example.com>, Brendan Gregg <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Padraig O'Briain <email@example.com>, and John Rice <firstname.lastname@example.org> at Sun for this awesome contribution.
- On schedule to release FF2008 this Thursday (10/18)
- FF2008rc2 builds available last Monday (10/8)
- Pushed updates to beta users on Wednesday (10/10)
- Nearly 90% of 2007beta users now on 2008rc2. No further issues reported
- Ongoing effort to evaluate FF2008rc2 on Leopard. Needs to be completed before FF2008 release.
- 23 Beta Blockers remaining.
- 10 Beta Blockers fixed in the last week.
- See link below to Beltzner's beta freeze schedule post.
- M9 code freeze is scheduled for somewhere between 10/24 - 10/31, TBD at this week's Gecko status meeting, per Beltzner's dev.planning post.
- M9 Blockers: 54 (-27 from last week)
- Visual Makeover page updated to reflect current plans, including follow-up from Linux discussions in the past week.
- MailCo support. Working with David to come up with a plan around IT support for MailCo.
- Downtime this week for LDAP changes, stage changes, and patching. Downtime email to come.
- bug 394069 migration & enhancement of stage.m.o/ftp.m.o; changing role accounts
- TB188.8.131.52 as soon as FF2008 is done (fear of last minute respins)
- FFx 184.108.40.206 - tested the RC2 re-spin. This included platform, bug fix verification, update, TopSite and Addon Testing today. This is now in Beta testing. [juan, tomcat, stephend, tchung, timr]
- Tested operation firefox as part of the web dev testing support [stephend]
- Tested all that is currently possible in the Kubla test plan [stephend]
- FFx 3
- Created Litmus Testcases for Security/Privacy [tomcat]
- Created Debug Build Testplan [tomcat]
- Developing automated L10n smoketests for for Firefox 2 (bug 398552) and Firefox 3 (bug 398553) using Eggplant. DE and DA are done. [tomcat]
- Worked on Places test plan and did some ad-hoc testing [abillings, tracy]
- Completed changes for the L10n test suite for localizers [tchung]
Tools and Infrastructure
- Talos/Performance tools - Working on the Talos try server. The buildbot part if mostly working. Working on getting baselines for Mac and Linux. Added Twinopen (Txul) to talos slaves. Working on getting Talos running for Vista.
- Litmus: Landed i18n patch (bug 320156) - This was the big one. We can now add testcases (and accept results/comments) in any language we want. Fixed 6 other bugs. Now there are less than 30 open Litmus bugs (27), most of which are RFEs. [coop]
- JS test automation on buildbot. These tests are now up and running locally on Linux and Mac. There has been some challenges implementing a remote log observer [robcee]
- Updated all QA Virtual Machines [abillings]
- A special Seneca test day was held on Tues Oct 9th. This was lead by Anthony Hughes, an Intern from last summer. Helped setup basic community docs for this. [tomcat]
- Our regular Testday was held on Friday, Oct 12th. The topic was accessibility! Community members marcoZ and aaronlev were very active. [timk, tomcat]
- Next test day is on Fri, Oct 19th. The focus will be on FFx3 feature, Places.
- Met with Emily Chen and Alfred Peng from Sun China. They integrate and test FFx with Solaris and work with the Solaris and Java open source projects. We talked about several topics. They have a University outreach program where they have ~100 "ambassadors" in ~50 universities. These are mostly in China, but a few are in other countries, including the US. They have about 400 Solaris related test cases in their instance of Litmus. We talked about what works and doesn't work with test days, bug days and building the community support for testing.[timr, jay]
Coop and Robcee are off to FSOSS next week.
- Ajax Experience, Boston, 10/24 - 10/26
- FSOSS, Seneca College, Toronto, 10/25 - 10/26
- Open Source Asia Summit, Hong Kong, 11/26 - 11/30. Li Gong keynoting, as is Zak Greant and TC Liou (Mozilla Taiwan)
- 6th GNU & Linux Festival, 11/15 - 11/17, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Chofmann speaking & looking to do a community meet up.
- FOSS.in, Bangalore, 12/4 - 12/8: Call for submissions is still open for Mozilla project day.
- Events triage call this Friday: 11 a.m. PDT, dial-in: +1 650-903-0800, ext 91, ID 248 or #events on irc.mozilla.org
- Sumo (support.mozilla.com):
- Firefox 3 documentation continues to move along swimmingly.
- Working with IT on getting a development server built for beginning work on the next wave of improvements to the MDC site.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Q4 planning/goals
- Bouncer byte-range check patch completed
- Prototype for AMO API should be up this week
- Worked with marketing on new 220.127.116.11 whatsnew pages (398765)
- QA doing an awesome job on kubla
- SUMO backend upgrade delayed . Rescheduled for next Tuesday when morgamic is in MV.
- Grants and related activities
- Steve Lee posted a report on the current status of the Jambu project being funded by the Foundation.
- CAs and related issues
- Upcoming activities