« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 9, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Friends of the Tree
Fx 184.108.40.206 / TB 220.127.116.11
Firefox 18.104.22.168 is scheduled to release on February 5, 2008.
Currently, the TB 22.214.171.124 release is unscheduled but will occur after Firefox 126.96.36.199, possibly in late February.
There is a final Major Update for TB 188.8.131.52 being planned for late February. Once this occurs, all work on TB 1.5.x will be concluded.
- Beta 3 is next on our hit list.
- 15 P1s
- 123 P2s
- 189 P3s
- Reminder: Next proposed freeze is on Jan 22.
- 24 P1s left, top priority for beta 3 freeze
- Freeze is January 22nd
- L10n roadmap plan proposal later this week
- First full week back, please take stock of currently assigned P1/P2 bugs and get a rough idea of how much work is left.
- All build VMs migrated to shared storage and vmware upgrade
- All production machines in bcfg2 (configuration management)
- Bugzilla up in .nl, testing for performance
- Denmark office coming up this week
- tree closure tomorrow (8jan08, 8am-11am EST) to upgrade win32 ref platform on trunk. The curious can rubberneck in bug 402848. This is needed to solve the long-running vista icon problem bug 340976 and an annoying ssh timeout problem bug 398113.
- closing down & mothballing 1.8.0 machines
- "fake" major update from FF184.108.40.206 -> FF3.0beta2, see details in bug 394046.
- moving nightlies to use same systems as release production:
- related topic of build-always vs build-on-checkin
Ben Hearsum is moving to Build
- Tested places, gecko, OS integration, password mgr, sec/privacy, encryption, and search, and download mgr features. Verified fixes for B3 blocking bugs [abillings, tomcat, stephend]
- Setup new Eggplant machine for automated GUI testing [abillings]
- On-going leak testing [tomcat]
- Created a set of 3 profiles on Windows, Mac and Linux for trunk testing [marcia]
- Investigating a number of accessibility bugs: bug 407359, bug from the Orca team-bug 409439. Bug from the NVDA team-bug 410604 has been verified fixed. [marcoz]
Firefox 2.0.0.x [project lead-ss, QA lead-abillings]
- Added 5 more locales to the Eggplant Automated L10n Smoketest Suite (over 200 Images) [tomcat]
- Triaging bugs
WebDev testing [stephend]
- Tested "Fight Against Boredom" campaign pages along with the new Get Involved page.
- Will be testing Remora
- Planned out test days for the next three weeks. Download Manager Testday is this Friday, Jan 11th!!
- Rewrapped up the QMO redesign plans and ready to work on the information architecture and visual design for the site (Phase 1) this week. [jay]
- Pushed out on-line QA Community participation survey. So far 50 surveys were returned and 200 people viewed the survey. [jay]
- On two German-speaking mailing lists having to do with general computer-related topics, We are receiving quite a number of inquiries regarding Thunderbird use from an accessibility standpoint. [marcoz]
Test Development and Tools
- short week, some stability fixes.
- talos try server is still broken, looking into that this week
- additional win2k3 machines and a leopard machine will be landing shortly
- try server has been reworked using a new custom buildbot package structure
- maintenance and performance improvement on the js testing machines aka sisyphus.
- will be adding windows shortly, mac intel.
- Minotaur improvements
- autocomplete css rules testing
BasicAuth realm value spoofing issue
- We had a bit of a snafu with the rollout of the Firefox Users against Boredom campaign, which we're correcting. See more details here
- FOSDEM: planning underway.
- GNUnify: Mozilla contributor Anant Narayanan submitting a Mozilla-focused talk and hosting a hack session.
- Techkriti: Our campus rep, Shashank Chintalagiri, is hosting a Firefox add-ons competition called MyFox
- This week:
- Import in-product help -> SUMO
- Point Support link on mozilla.com -> SUMO
- More pushing to get extension devs to update to Fx3
- We are seeing more #extdev traffic on updating
- Finkle headed to FOSDEM for a Prism/Firefox 3 presentation
- More samples added to MDC and blogged
- Custom XUL template query processor
- Extend Firefox
- Contest closed - ended up with over 100 entries!
- Thanks to all who are helping with extension testing, let Rhian know if you are still interested - could definitely use some additional reviewers.
- Hoping to announce winners at the end of January and launch Extend Firefox 3 in February.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- AMO - work continues on 3.2 milestone
- Breakpad downtime tomorrow night to create a new partition and do some garbage collection on old reports
- Helped a bit with extendfirefox
- Review of fab app
- Grants and related activities
- Frank got grant agreements in place for two new grants (to be announced later), finished a grant agreement for one more, and received proposals for more grants.
- CAs and related issues
- Frank approved the application for TÜRKTRUST and filed the corresponding NSS bug.
- Licensing and legal
- Frank and Gerv worked out a plan to make progress on the proposed replacement for the CVS contributor form, with Gerv contributing drafts of related documents.
- Public communications
- David worked on more proposed changes to www.mozilla.org.
- Zak coordinated proposed Mozilla Foundation participation in various 2008 conferences and other events.
- Upcoming activities
- Frank will be in East Lansing MI on Wednesday, January 9, on family business.
- Frank will attend the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD.
- Zak will be speaking at the Southern California Linux Expo February 8-10 in Los Angeles, the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14 in Montreal, and other events later in 2008.
For more information see the current and past status reports from David, Frank, and Zak. (Gerv will not be doing any significant Mozilla activities in the near term.)