- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 8, 2009)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org from generic SIP clients
- http://air.mozilla.com/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
WeeklyUpdate Live: You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the "on-demand" button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Please send FotT nominations to email@example.com. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.
Branch work: Firefox 18.104.22.168 / 3.0.5 / Major Update
- Firefox 22.214.171.124 -> 3.0.4 Major Update
- On track for this Thursday
- Firefox 126.96.36.199 / 3.0.5
- Code frozen
- Hand off to build today
- On track for December 16 release (possible day slip for major update)
- Firefox 188.8.131.52 will be the last release of Firefox 2 and will not include Phishing Protection
- Beta 2 on schedule for later this week
- Development moved to mozilla-1.9.1 branch
- Working towards M10 release next week.
- Mobile work week in Mtn. View next week. Come join if you are around.
- Weekly status
- Dealing with Netscaler performance issues
- Mostly affecting addons.mozilla.org, versioncheck.addons.mozilla.org, services.addons.mozilla.org
- Working on shifting traffic to different load balancers
- ff3.1b2 build#2 in progress bug 463036
- mozilla-central branch being opened; "minefield" branding
- mozilla-1.9.1 branch "shiretoko" branding bug 464640
- disabled ff2 talos machines bug 463325
- another downtime tomorrow morning 5am PST for l10n on mozilla191 bug 466499
- havent started FF20019, FF305 yet. likely slower then usual to start on this, because of branch work above
- Released Major Update Beta last Monday. This is the update from 184.108.40.206 -> 3.0.4.
- Triaging bugs, verifying bug fixes, and testing Firefox 220.127.116.11/3.0.5 [abillings, ss]
- Crash stats - Found a new topcrash in 18.104.22.168 that was fixed [ss]
- Started testing Beta 2. Completed smoketests, extension tests, etc. Re-spinning for bug 467124.
- Feature testing
- HTML 5 Drag and Drop - completed the last planned test cases - DONE! [jmaher]
- Media Queries - completed another ~40 test cases [jmaher]
- Worked on revised patch for CSS Transforms and refactoring CSS Border Radius tests [ctalbert]
- Worker threads: All the planned tests have been written. DONE! Planning on making them a bit more dynamic and will continue adding tests to make them even more thorough until we release. [admc]
- Made progress getting the Windows Mobile build/test environment going [jmaher]
- Started build script to pull changes to put on a device [ctalbert]
- Will be investigating mochitests which fail on fennec and cleaning up documents about how to run tests on fennec/nokia
Web Dev testing [stephend]
- Began testing SUMO search
- Nearly finished with Community Store testing. Having trouble with IE 6 / 7 when uploading designs
- fixing usability issues found in MozMill [admc]
- Created a "Loop" Script for the Topsites Tests, so that this tests are running continuously and don't need a manual start when one Test is finished [tomcat]
- Working on the QA story for 2009 to help keep growing and improving
- Code coverage: Found that ~5% of the files in the code base has had a bug fix since the HG inception.
- A11y: Spent a lot of time testing the Specular/Speclenium testing tool Eitan Isaacson is developing under a Mozilla grant. This multi-talent tool can become an Acid test for accessible rich internet applications (ARIA) implementations in browsers as well as a great regression testing tool for refactoring work within one browser like Firefox.
- Fired Up Over a Hot Browser article in IBD
- Crawling Back to Firefox in PC World
- John Lilly quoted in Net Applications report for WW market share, covered in Fortune
- NorthWestMozDev held this weekend!
- Foss Camp, Dec. 5 - 6, 2008, Mountain View: Dave Camp, Chris Blizzard, Al Billings and Dan Mosedale attending. Please sign up if you wish to attend.
- Add-on Con, Dec. 11, 2008, Mountain View:
- Hosting open house for local and visiting add-on developers on Dec. 10th at 6 p.m. at Mozilla HQ.
- Complete list of Mozilla's activities. **Please let Mary know if you wish to attend asap.
Mozilla Community Store
- Coming soon! Some details here: http://musingt.com/?p=36
- No updates
- You may recall that back in July, we announced Firefox had surpassed 50% market share in Indonesia. With the latest November numbers from Net Applications, Firefox has now reached this milestone in both Slovenia and Macedonia! Blog of metrics post coming later today.
- Firefox 3.1 documentation is ongoing as usual.
- Continuing to engage with MindTouch regarding their next release of the Deki software.
- Weave: First milestone build towards 0.3 released last week, available on the forums. Working on server cluster infrastructure for new server.
- third (and final) preview release of Snowl 0.2 released last Wednesday;
- Myk created a JS module API to string bundles;
- development build of next version of Personas posted to labs forum;
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Add-ons compatibility -- compatibility summary, detailed report
- AMO 4.0.4 open bugs & fixed bugs - Freeze is Dec 8
- bug 432450 -- new partitioning scheme and associated scripts will be staged this Wednesday. These changes properly use constraints, partitioning by date in an automated fashion in order to limit rows scanned for reporter queries. This architecture change addresses the timeouts found in bug 444749
- Lars wrote a follow-up blog on the Socorro filesystem changes that's worth reading.
- SUMO 0.7.3 going out Tuesday
- Triaged 3.0.x Localizations, reached out for testing with the lead localizers there
- Dashboard set up for 1.9.1, fx31x tree as it used to be
- 1.9.1 l10n repositories not open up for work yet, will do so with post in mozilla.dev.l10n
- David Boswell has updated the Mozilla Manifesto page to include localized versions. Now the site has the Manifesto in 14 languages, at least half of which are brand new.
- David and Asa have floated the idea of having Mitchell do a 2 min video explaining the Manifesto. We might also invite others to submit their own clips about 'what Mozilla means to me'. We're interested in feedback on this idea.
- Moving ahead with a grant to support Firebug accessibility work by the Paciello Group. This will allow blind developers to use Firebug more effectively. Also will include user/developer documentation to complement Firebug accessibility enhancements enhancements.
- Mark and Zak attended the MozDev Northwest event in Victoria, BC this past weekend. It was a good opportunity to get further input on 2010 goal and generally share ideas.
- Mark talked about the Mozilla experience at the City of Toronto's internal Web 2.0 Summit.