- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
- Henrik Skupin would like to nominate the following people, who made our Mozmill test day last Friday a success by running our general and the brand-new landed l10n tests: adriank, kbrosnan, tanner, jan, merike, linostar, and especially aleksej for his all-day attendance.
Monday, 29 November
Tuesday, 30 November
Wednesday, 1 December
- 12pm (pacific) Brown Bag presentation by Guillermo Rauch on Socket.IO - The web's most popular x-browser Web Socket library.
Thursday, 2 December
Friday, 3 December
Wednesday, 8 December - Add-On Con Training Day and Party
Thursday, 9 December - Add-On Con
Product Status Updates
- As mentioned last week, the plan is to ship a Firefox 4 Beta for Desktop as close as possible to the Firefox 4 Beta 3 for Mobile devices, in order to align on some sync changes
- The outstanding blocker list for beta 8 stands at 29, with JS and Sync being the largest single components.
- Once complete, beta 8 will include stability fixes from graphics, some smaller js optimizations, and UI fixes notably around the styling in the addons manager.
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- Released 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 to the beta channel last week
- We will be creating a build #2 for a 3.6.11/.12 regression we were only recently notified of (bug 614565)
- Schedule is still holding (planning to ship December 9th)
- Last few b3 issues are being knocked out
- Beta 4 code freeze is January 6 focused on the last big pieces that need a beta (GL, async places work, PICs)
- Miramar Alpha 1 released (based on Gecko 2.0 trunk)
- 3.0.11 and 3.1.7 builds underway
- Alpha version of http://learningfreedomandtheweb.org web site now up online.
- Spin off site for content and projects coming out of Barcelona.
- Early protoype of Batucada software and new Drumbeat.org mockups coming later this week.
- Details on Paul Osman's blog and on this wiki time next week.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|State of Mozilla||Mitchell Baker||Reactions, Responses, Survey||---||http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/annualreport/2009/|
Status Updates By Team
- Thunderbird Conversations add-on dev builds available and looking for feedback
- Browser Technologies
- Desktop Firefox
- Fx4b8: Nightlies testing while we code freeze
- QA Services
- Add-ons Manager test day on Friday, Dec. 3rd
- QA Test Automation
- Very successful test day for Mozmill last Friday
- Mozmill l10n tests for access keys and cropped elements have been landed. For now we support the preferences dialog.
- Web QA
- Shipped Input 2.0.1
Automation & Tools
- Working on resolving mozmill difficulties from last week on m-c
- Bug hunter improvements made to make our crash signatures more socorro-ish
- Need a downtime on brasstacks this week for Orange factor (war on orange) and Bug stats websites.
- Notes here
Introducing New Hires
- Corey Shields - IT/Ops Manager