« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
Ted Mielczarek nominates Hiroyuki Ikezoe for his work in fixing tests with intermittent failures. Thanks for helping make the tree more green!
Juanb nominates Anthony, Cameron, Geo, Henrik, Raymond, Gaby and Marcia for their weekend time in order to have Fx4 Beta 10 tested by today.
Also, the entire Socorro team! For their data center migration over the weekend. - juanb
Anthony nominates Aakash, Seth, Juan, Tobbi, Aleksej, renato and variable for helping our l10n community triage reports on input to bugzilla. - ashughes
Monday, 24 January
Tuesday, 25 January
Wednesday, 26 January Community Marketing Call: Wednesday Jan. 26 @ 10 a.m. PST/18:00 UTC/19:00 CET. Agenda and call details here.
Thursday, 27 January
- Brownbag - "How Do People Use Firefox?" : Mozilla 1st Open Data Competition Winners and Submissions - 32 cool interactive visualizations and interesting insights! [12pm PST]
Friday, 28 January
- MDN virtual doc sprint, thru 29 Jan
Product Status Updates
- Firefox 4 Beta 10 is on its way, currently in QA validation
- Everyone really dug deep to get this turned around quickly, including work on weekends. If you see someone who helped, hug them.
- As of this morning, 88 hard blockers remain, overall.
- 50 of these require beta coverage, so beta 10 will not be our last beta
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- We have builds of Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17 as of Friday night
- Thanks to everyone that landed blockers, we got pretty great last-minute convergence
- Plan to go to beta on 2011-01-26, though it depends on QA signoff
- "Scary" update dialog for 3.0 users went live last Tuesday
- We will be assessing the impact this week
- Wrapping up beta 4
- Messaging team at an all-hands meeting this week
- no one from the team on this call
- so, updates are below:
- Miramar Alpha 2 has shipped; please give it a try and help us out by providing feedback!
- 3.1.8 on the verge of shipping, if it hasn't by the time you read this.
- No weekly Thunderbird status call this week; regular calls resume next week
- School of Webcraft courses begin tomorrow. Bursting at the seams.
- New Drumbeat.org site in security review.
- New Drumbeat messaging needs your feedback.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Socorro Migration||Laura Thomson||Update on the migration||no slides||http://blog.mozilla.com/webdev/2011/01/21/socorro-data-center-migration-downtime/|
Status Updates By Team
- Desktop Firefox
- Nearly complete testing and release of Beta 10
- Browser Technologies
- Jetpack 1.0b2 sdk shipping this week
- Fennec 4.0b4 code freeze, possibly builds by end of week
- Sync 1.6.2 shipped to AMO
- Test Automation
- Release of Mozmill Crowd 0.1 and Crowd 0.1.1
- Last Week's Releases:
- SUMO 2.4.2, Thursday, 1/20
- AMO 220.127.116.11, Thursday, 1/20
- MDN 0.9.2.2, Thursday, 1/20
Automation & Tools
- Working with JS team to help diagnose JIT crashes better
- Bughunter continuing to reproduce a steady stream of blocker crashes, see bug 532972
- For more information see our page
- Web Tool On Firefox To Deter Tracking
- Mozilla to offer new feature for improved online privacy
- Google, Mozilla detail new privacy features
- Firefox, Google Chrome Adding "Do Not Track" Tools
Please VOTE for Firefox for the Best Major Desktop Browser and Best Mobile Browser in the About.com Reader's Choice Awards: http://browsers.about.com/library/bl-readers-choice-awards-2011.htm
- FOSDEM 2011: final schedule of Mozilla DevRoom is now online!!!
- The Developer Tools 2011 roadmap. Join us on Wednesday for our weekly call if you have any comments!
- Mozilla Skywriter has merged with Ace – read about this big new step in Skywriter's evolution as a project.
Introducing New Hires
- Pete Fritchman joins Services Operations team as Sr. Ops Engineer. (Jeff Vier)