« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
- aceman for triaging the most bugs during the Firefox Aurora Bugday last Friday. - ashughes
Monday, 16 May
Tuesday, 17 May
Wednesday, 18 May
- Contributor Engagement Brownbag on Wednesday @ 12:00PM Pacific on Air Mozilla: Learn what the Contributor Engagement team is working on and how it can help you and new contributors
Thursday, 19 May
Friday, 20 May
- [QA] Firefox Mobile Test Day [details]
Product Status Updates
Firefox 5 & 6
- Aurora goes to Beta this week!
- Beta planning meeting today at 2pm PDT (details in dev.planning)
- Beta population is over 100k now, but once the beta goes live we turn on the tap
- The source merge happens on Tuesday (tomorrow). Please note that this is not the date users will see an update available
- If you have a bug approved for mozilla-aurora that has not landed, it needs to land today
- Nightly goes to Aurora in one week!
- Details of the merge (specific time / plan) will be sent around soon
- Remember to check the channels blog for rapid release process updates.
Firefox 4, 3.6, 3.5
- Turned on the advertised update, still processing feedback
- At this time there is no plan to create a 4.0.2
- If there are any major issues please email release drivers
- Firefox 3.6.18 is scheduled for release at the same time as Firefox 5
- Detailed schedule coming out this week
- We are triaging nominations and approving patches Monday/Wednesday/Friday morning PDT every week
- There are no plans to do another Firefox 3.5 update
- An end-of-life plan for Firefox 3.5 has been posted
- If there are any major issues with the plan, please respond on dev-planning
- Miramar beta builds planned to start this week
- Miramar.next merges to aurora next week in sync with FF 6
- After meetings at the Ubuntu Desktop Summit last week, Thunderbird may become the new default email client in Ubuntu.
(No voice updated this week)
- Knight-Mozilla Journalism Project (MoJo): Innovation Challenge #2
- Beyond Comment Threads: How can we reinvent online news discussions?
- Looking for your ideas & submissions here. Ends May 22.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Toolbox||Jeff Hammel||Toolbox is an index of Mozilla software tools||http://brasstacks.mozilla.com/toolbox/||http://brasstacks.mozilla.com/toolbox/about|
|Community Directory||Gervase Markham||The Mozilla contributor directory ("phonebook") is an effort to make the community feel smaller and improve communication and friendliness||None||Screencast: http://www.mozilla.org/phonebook/|
|Mozilla Colombia||Jeff Balogh, Matthew Claypotch, Philip Von Something||We went to Bogota Colombia for a Firefox party||http://www.flickr.com/photos/62646177@N02/sets/72157626682490100/|
Status Updates By Team
- SUMO 2.8.2 went out on 5/10: http://moxie.jamessocol.com/bugstats/sumo/2.8.2
- Input 3.5 going out today
- Mozilla.com 2.4 http://bit.ly/mlt2nb - went out on 5/10
- MDN 0.9.4.3 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=656033
- QA Community
- Romania Firefox 4 Launch party (May 3rd) blog  post
- London tester meetup (May 3rd) blog  post
- Good turn out for a Selenium test meetup here in 10 Forward last friday CSS vs XPath Locators
- Successful bug day last Friday Firefox Aurora Bugday
Automation & Tools
- Talos Tp5 (new pageset) is finished, working with RelEng to roll out
- Toolbox is released - registry for tools.
- Working with Ehsan to improve the War On Orange (WOO) UI
- Blocking bug "errors are not enumerable" bug 650646 fixed for Mozmill, released 1.5.4pre last week for QA.
- More notes and status here
- Test builds of Firefox 5, Firefox 6 for Android now available
- Mozilla Firefox On Top Of Security Issues: Fixing Them Fast
- Mozilla resists US gov't request to nuke "MafiaaFire" add-on
- Mozilla Building on Firefox's Dominant Share in Indonesia
- Join us each week on Thursdays at 8am PDT to hear more about tools-in-progress and to get involved with developer tools projects.
- Last week's meeting notes included 3 quick video demos and we plan to do more of that from week to week.
Introducing New Hires
- Benoit Girard (introduced by Joe Drew in Toronto)
- Matthew MacPherson (introduced by Wenzel)
Interns of the week