- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Upcoming Events
- 3 Product Status Updates
- 4 Speakers
- 5 Status Updates By Team
- 5.1 Firefox
- 5.2 Platform
- 5.3 Messaging
- 5.4 Mobile
- 5.5 IT
- 5.6 Release Engineering
- 5.7 QA
- 5.8 Automation & Tools
- 5.9 Security
- 5.10 Engagement
- 5.11 Support
- 5.12 Metrics
- 5.13 Evangelism
- 5.14 Labs
- 5.15 Apps
- 5.16 Developer Tools
- 5.17 Add-ons
- 5.18 Webdev
- 5.19 L10n
- 5.20 People Team
- 6 Introducing New Hires
- 7 Introducing New Interns
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
- Rajeev Bharshetty [:rshetty] - For being instrumental in helping verify the affiliates.mozilla.org and mozillians.org BrowserID releases. Rajeev spent a good portion of his holiday break away from school helping insure new features were wicked high quality and the team understood the risks associated with shipping the code.
- Sergey Tupchiy [:stupchiy] - Another awesome contributor to WebQA, who has been instrumental in not only beefing up our AMO automation tests in Selenium, but also helping us complete a Q4 goal of automating tests for Engagement projects, as well as helping out with Socorro, Affiliates (BrowserID), and much, much more, automation-wise. Thanks so much!
- Jason Smith, Jessica Davis, and Mike Conley for helping out with Firefox 10.0b3 testing
Monday, 09 January
Tuesday, 10 January
Wednesday, 11 January
Mozilla Blog Guidelines - Brown Bag Talk
Noon PST in Ten-Forward
Description: The PR and Creative teams have been working to streamline our outbound communication channels. We have drafted a set of Mozilla Blog Guidelines, which will help to better distinguish between personal opinions and an official Mozilla positions, represented on our various blogs. It's meant to give guidance to all Mozilla teams when publishing to Mozilla blogs, when setting up new blogs or when simply seeking support on any outbound communication.
In this session we would like to show and discuss the current draft of the Mozilla Blog Guidelines, looking for your comments and thoughts before we roll them out more broadly.
Thursday, 12 January
Friday, 13 January
Product Status Updates
Speaker Location: Mountain View, and SF
- Welcome back - 2012 is going to be incredible!
- Next Migration day is 3 weeks away
- We're sorry about Fennec nightly over the holidays, it's feeling much better now.
- Aurora is on the path to be our first public release so feel free to move with us, but we still deeply value bugs filed against nightlies.
- The biggest piece of Silent Update landed: a Windows service so updates don't require UAC prompts.
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: no voice update this week. Toronto work week."
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Status Updates By Team
- Tested and signed-off Firefox 10.0b3 last week -- pushing toward 10.0b4 this week (please contact Juan Becerra or Anthony Hughes if you want to help)
- Putting together a testday for Add-ons Compatible by Default (details to be posted on QMO very soon)
- Putting together a sprint for testing competitive cache performance (details to be posted on QMO very soon) -- contact Anthony Hughes if you want to help
- AMO 6.3.6 went live 01/05
- Careers-page redesign: we began testing and filing bugs; ongoing
- Mozillians: A very active project with lots of community contributors. A great project for community members to get involved on. Drop in and say hello on irc at #mozillians.
- MDN: working on 1.9
- Affiliates: Another great project for community member to get involved on. A release is slated for this Wednesday, January 11th, 2012. Drop in and introduce yourself in irc on the #affiliates channel.
- Socorro: The 2.4 milestone is being targeted for release this Friday, January 13th, 2012.
- Input: Currently not seeing active development. The project will potentially see new features landing during Q1
- Selenium 2.16 has been released
- We are working on the MemChaser extension to allow users to easily observe the current GC activity and memory usage of Firefox.
Automation & Tools
- Dkl is now one of the release managers for the upstream Bugzilla project. Congrats DKL!
- wlach has verified that we can measure checkerboarding using eideticker
- We are kicking off the Talos Signal From Noise project this week.
- More notes are here
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Jan 09 / 13:00 PST||Background Updates|
|Wed Jan 11 / 13:00 PST||AVAILABLE SLOT|
|THU Jan 12 / 10:00 PST||XHR NonPost (2nd review) / bug 598304 and bug 714302|
|Fri Jan 13/ 10:00 AM PST||AVAILABLE SLOT|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview * Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058) * Dial-in Info (phone): ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 99058
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review
Security Review Needed but Unscheduled
- Mozilla Releases Version 2.0 of Its License
- Mozilla rings in new year with 2.0 license overhaul
- Mozilla releases version 2.0 of its license
- Can Mozilla Unify Open Source?
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location Mt. View||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Patrick Dang||Tim Fairfield||Mt. View||Desktop|
|Maire Reavy||Chris Blizzard||Mt. View||Sr. Product Manager Firefox|
|Camilo Viecco||Sid Stamm||Mt. View||Software Engineer Privacy|
|Shu-Yu Guo||Andreas Gal||Mt. View||Research Engineer|
|Leslie Nakajima||Chris Beard||San Francisco||Sr. Director of Communication|
|Trevor Norris||Daniel Einspanjer||Mt. View||Web Developer|
|Jacob Watkins||Zandr Milewski||Mt. View||Special Operations Engineer|
|Michelle Marovich||Bret Reckard||Mt. View||Recruiting Lead|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Marc Jessome (mjessome) (returning intern - welcome back!)||Chris AtLee (catlee)||Toronto||Release Engineering projects, starting with autolanding patches from bugzilla to try, and beyond!|
|Erick Dransch (edransch)||Chris AtLee (catlee)||Toronto||Release Engineering projects|
|David Guo||Geo Mealer||Mountain View||QA|
|Joshua Dhaliwal||Doug Turner||Mountain View||Platform|
|Dmitrji Petters||Doug Turner||Mountain View||Platform / Mobile|
|Arkady Blyakher||Doug Turner||Mountain View||Platform / Mobile|
|Marina Samuel (returning intern - welcome back!)||Richard Newman||Mountain View||Services|
|Owen Coutts (returning intern - welcome back!)||Matt MacPherson||Mountain View||Web Dev|
|Ravi Chugh||Dave Herman||Mountain View||Research *based out of SF office|