- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 60 Seconds with IT
- 1.5 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thank you to Amitshree on SUMO for helping to add Share Article Templates with short links to over 30 articles. - Andrew (feer56)
- Thank you to Karen Scarfone for doing editorial reviews on over 300 MDN pages, including 150+ of the Web API docs, which are a high priority for Firefox OS.
Thanks to all of the contributors at SuMo for making sure the KBS are updated and have the correct information for firefox OS
Monday, 29 July
- MAKER PARTY: New York, USA: Global Kids Game Design Summer Camp for middle school and high school students, covering the concepts of game design including prototyping, idea development, iteration and more.
Tuesday, 30 July
- It's intern presentation season! Starting at 1pm in 10 Forward, the SF Commons, and TOR Commons. Come see Jason Shun, Jack Montgomery and Subhadeep Paul present all the glorious stuff they've been working on this summer!
- MAKER PARTY: Warangal, India: The Maker Party with KIDS event helps children learn about the history of Fort Warangal and make a #makerparty Popcorn video on it.
- MAKER PARTY: New York, USA: two-day digital arts #makerparty program for high school students at the DreamYard Art Center. Learn basic computer skills, photo and audio editing, and how to use social networks.
- MAKER PARTY: New York, USA: three-day Fashion Design workshop for high school students to visit fashion designer Alpana Bawa and design their own fashion piece.
- FxOS UX Team is presenting some work from the Future Themes track. The times are 10am PST and 5pm PST in the Gaia UX vidyo room (1.5 hours in duration). Please contact Jaime with questions.
Wednesday, 31 July
- MAKER PARTY: Noord-Scharwoude, The Netherlands: Playing with Thimble and Popcorn, Webmaker at OHM2013 participants will explore concepts of interest-based learning through tinkering with Mozilla Webmaker tools.
- Meet the newest WebFWD IV cohort at our Orientation Mixer at Mozilla San Francisco from 5pm - 7pm. RSVP at http://webfwdivorientation.eventbrite.com/ -- and if you cannot join but want to be involved in WebFWD as a mentor / in some way, please let us know > firstname.lastname@example.org
We have our weekly meeting for SuMo mobile and B2G(FirefoxOs) - please note in 2 weeks time we are going to be doing our live meeting on air mozilla https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mobile-2013-07-31
Thursday, 01 August
- Manager Hacking - Thursday 9am Pacific - More Info
- Topic: Evaluating Success & Growth Needs
- Open to all
- (MTV) 10 Forward, (SF) 7-Forward, (TOR) TOR-Commons , Remote - Vidyo
- Intern presentations starting at 1pm PDT in 10 Forward and the SF Commons. Come see Brandon Kase, David Zbarsky, Tim Kuehn, and Mohammed Almeshekah present all the glorious stuff they've been working on this summer!
- MAKER PARTY: Tîrgu Mure, Romania: Webmaker Party at IP Workshop 2013 with presentations about the web, html5, FirefoxOS, Mozilla Marketplace and how people can bring their contribution to Mozilla.
Friday, 02 August
- MAKER PARTY: Maidstone, United Kingdom: For the International Scouts Jamboree, three thousand scouts from around the world will report on their week at camp and create a Popcorn video!
- MAKER PARTY: CERN Summer Webfest 2013 CERN, Meyrin, Switzerland: a grassroots initiative by summer students to spark new ideas on web-based education about CERN, the LHC and particle physics.
Saturday, 03 August
- MAKER PARTY: Jaipur, India: Jaipur National University will hold their Firefox Elections to help hold #makerparty events.
- MAKER PARTY: Rankin, Pennsylvania, USA: Build a piece of salvaged public art at the Carrie Furnaces in Rankin to display alongside the famous Carrie Deer.
Sunday, 04 August
- MAKER PARTY: Boston, Mass., USA: #MakerParty at the MIT Media Lab. Show up, hang out at an activity station (or three), and make stuff!
- 19(8/4) Day to Protest NSA Surveillance (Restore the Fourth)San Francisco Embarcadero Plaza 12 Noon - Speakers: Daniel Ellsberg, Mark Klien, Norman Solomon, (TBD) EFF
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Remote
- Background Thumbnails (bug 870100) - Landed in Nightly. You shouldn't see "blank" thumbnails on the New Tab page anymore. Riding the train to Aurora next week. Please file bugs.
Speaker Location: Remote
- About:Home hackathon wrapped up on Friday. Lots of fixes and features landed on the Fig branch. Planning to merge to Nightly early in Fx26 cycle.
- New 'selected text' actions landing in Nightly: Quick search and Find in Page.
- Guest Mode (Share your Device) work is coming together with a goal of making it for Fx25.
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: @OpenMatt in Toronto
- Maker Party: events happening this week in the Netherlands, New York, India, Romania, MIT Media Lab, at an international Boy Scouts Jamboree in the UK, and hacking physics at CERN in Switzerland.
- Web Literacy Standard (beta): What are the skills people need to be "web literate?" Introducing our new "Web Literacy Standard."
Speaker Location: SF ( Vlad Filippov )
- Big News: Gmail identity bridge is live!
- Mozilla IdP update:
- For those having trouble signing into Mozilla properties with your LDAP credentials: If you have third-party cookies disabled, then white-list `login.mozilla.org` in the `Exceptions` menu. If you still need assistance, please visit #identity on IRC.
Speaker Location: no audio
- Planet Firefox OS will be available soon for aggregating blog posts by the Firefox OS community. Send Dietrich the URL for the feed of your Firefox OS tagged posts if you'd like to be syndicated on that planet.
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Help us build a history of Mozilla told by Mozillians. Please share your memories about this Mozilla milestone:
- January 28, 2010: First release of Firefox for a mobile device launched for the Nokia N900
BTW, lots of great comments to read about the landslide at the 2008 Summit.
60 Seconds with IT
- DB Engg team worked with the Services folks to migrate addons databases to their new home
- Mozilla's external DNS is now (mostly) served by Akamai. This gives us 100% uptime and a faster, anycast based geo-located service which means a faster, better service for our end users.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Debbie Cohen, Kate Naszradi, Mardi Douglass||Summit 2013 Update||Current status of planning, brown-bag coming up soon||San Francisco||Yes||Presentation Slides||Summit Wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Summit2013, IRC: #summit2013|
|Doug Belshaw, Badges & Skills Lead, Mozilla||Web Literacy Standard||Request For Comments release||My house, UK||Just need landing page on-screen||http://mzl.la/weblitstd||https://blog.webmaker.org/web-literacy-standard|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday - we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
|gfritzsche, plugins||FirefoxOS dogfooding||What is the FxOS dogfooding process? Is there an outline for which builds to test, feedback channels beyond obvious bugs, ...?|
|David (Satdav), Contributor||For Potch regarding all hands meeting||Can we move the meetings to suit the France office a bit better, as would be good to get them on the call?|
|David (Satdav), Contributor||For potch regarding all hands meeting||Can we remove the thunderbird section to the non speak as it seems we never get any updates from them?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians!
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Jordan Lund||John O'Duinn||San Francisco||Vancouver||Release Engineering|
|Brian Grinstead||Nick Fitzgerald||San Francisco||Remote - MO||Developer Tools|
|Eric Pang||Stephen Horlander||Remote - UK||Remote - UK||Graphic Designer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
- Mozilla @ BlackHat - Milk and Cookies Event Wednesday Evening - ping email@example.com for info
Some recent press coverage surrounding Mozilla: