« previous week | index | next week »
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 60 Seconds with Mozilla IT
- 1.5 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of the Tree
- Happy Birthday to williamr from all of the Mozilla Community
- Many thanks to bgrins, Gijs, jryans, khuey, mccr8, njn, past, roc, smaug, and ttaubert for dropping everything to investigate and fix the leaks that were keeping the tree closed for 2 days last week.
Monday, 04 November
- 13:00 PST : SecReview - Simple Push Server
- vidyo and dial-in details available via the link
Tuesday, 05 November
- 10:30 PST : Appmaker Weekly Meeting
- come help us deliver upon the promise of Appmaker!
- vidyo and dial-in details available via the link -- 10:30 this week only, usually 10:00
Wednesday, 06 November
- 12:00 PST : Brownbag: Firefox OS Field Tests in Colombia: Results and Opportunities
- Learn about a User Experience Research trip to Colombia in August, 2013. We tested our phones on 24 middle-class Colombians for 3 weeks. Find out what happened! Open to Mozilla volunteers and paid staff.
Thursday, 07 November
- 9:00 PST : Manager Hacking
- After skipping our October session because of the Summit, ManagerHacking is back for November. With 5 sessions under our belt, this seems like a good time to take stock of the program. To that end, we are interested in hearing what YOU want/need from a program like this. As such, the Nov session will be a planning/brainstorming session led by Dia on future topics and session structure (discussions, presentations, etc). This is your chance to influence the direction of this program!
Friday, 08 November
- 12:00pm to 1:30pm: Community Building workshop in Portland Mozilla Space hosted by Benjamin Kerensa
Saturday, 09 November
Sunday, 10 November
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- FF25 looks solid
- Learn to love the feature keyword in bugzilla
- seer! bug 881804
Speaker Location: (remote) mfinkle
- Tracking feedback on Fx25 release
- Landed more cleanup and performance improvements to Fx26 and Fx27
- Started planning work for Fx28. See team notes and the roadmap for more details.
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: no verbal update this week
Speaker Location:' Sandip Kamat (Vidyo)'
- Mozilla Blog (10/31/13): After Brazil, Firefox OS now in Mexico, Peru, Uruguay. With that, FxOS devices are now available in parts of 3 continents (Europe, South America and North America). Thank you, all!
- Version 1.2 (koi+ bugs): Focus on driving 1.2 blocker count to 0. Code Complete 12/16/13. Only blocker bug-fixes accepted hereon!
- Version 1.3: We are in Sprint 4. Please pre-test for no performance regressions as you check-in code.
Sprint 4 = 10/28 - 11/08; Sprint 5 = 11/11 - 11/22; Sprint 6 = 11/25 - 12/06;
- Future Versions: FxOS Product long term Roadmap https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Roadmap
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Getting to a Million Mozillians
Here are some tips and suggestions for people who are interested in learning more about bringing new contributors in to your project.
- Who: You have connected with some volunteers and you're interested in learning about how to build on what's working so more people can join.
- Read Margaret's great blog post about increasing participation on the Firefox for Android team that has 5 helpful tips in it
- Check out the recently awarded Mozilla badges to get an idea of how some teams are recognizing contributors.
- Watch a couple of these videos that have been created by community builders for people interested in community building.
60 Seconds with Mozilla IT
Speaker Location : San Francisco
- Welcome Knowles, Opsec
- SRE team had an epic triage and their bug queue dropped by 40%
- Dumitru Gherman presented a session (with Emma Irwin) on Webmaker last week at MozFest
- Mike Poessy @ SFO servicedesk reduced imaging time for windows machines from a couple of hours to 20 mins
- Jake Watkins worked on https://github.com/dividehex/metric-collective, Mark and Q worked on improving Windows imaging for release engineering and Dustin helped setup Puppet for the Auto tools team.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Mathew Caldwell||Recruiting Cheerleader||Our new Careers site||Mountain View||Yes - My browser to show the new career site|
|Sylvie Veilleux||VP IT||Response to question - do we have a plan to migrate away from the proprietary Vidyo client + flash to something based on WebRTC for our meetings? If so, do we have a timeline for this?||San Francisco (+ Jb remotely, if needed)|
|Mike Hoye||Engineering Community Manager||DashCon 2014: The Mozilla Dashboarding Convention||Toronto||Happening in the Vancouver MozSpace, January 14th, open to all.||A longer post on the way dev-planning shortly.|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians!
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Andreas Tolfsen||Jonathan Griffin||Toronto||London||Marionette and B2G Automation|
|Sevaan Franks||Ian Barlow||Toronto||Toronto||Firefox UX \o/|
|Melinda Salazar||Tony Santos||Remote||Remote||UX Designer|
|Vance Chen||Thomas Ho||SFO (recorded)||Taipei||Firefox OS - Technical Account Manager|
|Wilson Page||Hema Koka||Mountain View||London||Firefox OS - Frontend Software Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.