- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Continued thanks to the people patiently answering posts in .governance - Yoric, nnethercote, Gerv, bz, and so many more!
- [RyanVM] Thanks to Girish Sharma (Optimizer) for helping fix devtools test leaks and failures that helped us roll out bigger mochitest browser-chrome improvements last week.
Monday, 14 April
- April 13-16: Anglebrackets
- Speaker: Christian Heilmann
Tuesday, 15 April
Wednesday, 16 April
Thursday, 17 April
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
Friday, 18 April
Saturday, 19 April
Sunday, 20 April
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Madhava in Toronto
- Firefox 29 is now a mere 2 weeks away (Tuesday, April 29th)
- includes the Australis UI changes, easier customization, simple sync-set-up, our first ever update/first-run tour
- start stretching: it is no exaggeration at this point to use kermit arms
- 1st Australis video
- UI telemetry is being collected, and we are starting to analyze
- Quick Share on context menus landed. Some followups filed for UX tweaks.
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- We've been using Webmaker to help train people to teach the web. Read a bit about our efforts: https://blog.webmaker.org/webmaker-training-with-friends
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Announced Expanded Citywide Summer of Learning and Earning Initiative.
- The Summer of Learning and Earning will once again engage youth by challenging them to earn digital badges to mark their successes.
- Read more on the blog.
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- Software Carpentry is at PyCon this week! Check out their list of events: https://us.pycon.org/2014/events/software_carpentry/
Speaker Location: San Francisco
When you get your 2 MozLove t-shirts, check out this 3 step guide to connect new people to Mozilla:
- Tell them about our mission
- Tell them we need their help
- Tell them where to find opportunities
Come to the Grow Mozilla discussion this Thursday at 10 pacific to learn more about how to connect new people to Mozilla and to help us make more resources like this to support the contributor growth goal for the year.
Speaker Location: Non-verbal
Major performance improvements:
- Re-enabled gzip after addressing security flaws (8x size decrease)
- Replaced appcache with traditional caching (20x size decrease)
- Lazy-loading uncachable Persona libraries
- Caching all responses in IndexedDB; refreshing asynchronously
- Optimized API responses for Marketplace front-end
- Caching API hits in our CDN
- 71 other closed bugs
- cold start time now being tracked
Speaker Location:mjeffries, San Francisco
VidyoDesktop 3 Goes Live!
Thanks to those who provided feedback on Vidyo 3, we've used it to fix a few things and now its ready for prime time. A mandatory and automatic update will be pushed on Monday morning, April 21st - for those that want to check out the client now, the download link is noted below . Ample notice will be provided before v2 is no longer supported.
Some of the new features include:
- Simplified UI w/ no Flash (means fewer crashes for you)!
- Client auto sign-in w/ secure token (you no longer need to frequently type in your LDAP password to login)
- Enhanced echo-cancellation for all OSs (especially for Macs!)
- Ability to join any meeting by clicking a Vidyo room URL
- Improved support and stability for Linux
Support Documentation: https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/SD/Vidyo+Desktop+3
If you have any questions - please submit a Service Now request, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, or ask in #servicedesk
NOTE: After upgrading/installing the Vidyo client will ask you to upgrade to an older version, please select "Not Now". You will no longer be prompted after 4/21/14.
- The Mozilla Operations Center (MOC) is now staffed 24/7, and has begun the transition away from third-party incident handling.
- The MOC has identified the top IT Services & Systems, and published an SLA framework for Incident handling.
These efforts are to ensure more consistent and timely IT incident handling and communication.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Debbie Cohen||Chief of People||Global Workforce||MV||No||N/A||N/A|
|Mihca Anderson||HR Business Partner||Removing Roadblocks to Productivity||Mountain View||No||N/A||Survey Results|
|Joe Stevensen||Operations Security Manager||Heartbleed update||Mountain View||No||N/A||Heartbleed Security Advisory blog post|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Hannah Kane||Geoffrey MacDougall||Toronto office||PDX||Program Manager for MoFo Engagement Team. Fundraising, Maker Party, advocacy campaigns like StopWatching.Us, government and other large-scale partnerships, contributor engagement, metrics and dashboards, etc.|
|Jessica Osorio||Mary Colvig||SF||SF||Jessica is filling in for Chelsea Novak for a year. She'll manage supporter engagement activities as part of the Community Engagement team.|
|Sean Bohan||Darren Herman||New York||New York||Strategic Development Principal|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.