- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Big thanks to Jlin and guillermo for helping with a Vidyo issue last Tuesday
- Thanks to Rosana Ardila, Lonnen, Patrick Finch, Maire Reavy, Doug Turner, Emma Irwin, and Jason Weathersby for helping to vet potential VP of HR candidates last week
Monday, 26 January
Tuesday, 27 January
Wednesday, 28 January
Happy Data Privacy Day! Celebrate with us by joining our Twitter chat this Wed, Jan 28 at 11am PT!
- Follow #PrivacyChat on Twitter this Wed, Jan 28 at 11am PT
- You’re invited submit questions or answer any questions you see with #PrivacyChat
- You can also RSVP here!
We’ll be covering the importance of online privacy and, we have some special participants joining us like: Mozilla, McAfee, Privacy International, iKeepSafe, DuckDuckGo, and Center for Democracy and Technology.
Privacy Lab - a meetup for privacy minded people in San Francisco - at the San Francisco Commons
Cooper Quintin from the EFF, will present "A State of the Union for Privacy and Consumer Protection and Wishlist for 2015" (3.30pm PT).
- 3.00pm - 5.00pm PT
- Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/privacy-lab-a-meetup-for-privacy-minded-people-in-san-francisco/
- To RSVP to attend the event: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/privacy-lab-a-meetup-for-privacy-minded-people-in-san-francisco-tickets-15148861653
Teach The Web Talks celebrates Data Privacy day with Stacy Martin, Senior Privacy Manager at Mozilla.
We will discuss how to be Smart with your Privacy and how to teach people who has access to their data, where it goes or could go, and that they have a choice in all of it.
- Join us live via Google hangout at 12pm PT/ 3pm ET/ 8pm GMT. Post your questions on discourse or on Twitter using #Teachtheweb
If you cannnot join us live, find out how to get involved on our Teach the Web Talks Wiki
Homebrew Website Club Meetup Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
- San Francisco (@MozSF 1st floor), Chicago, and Portland.
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
Thursday, 29 January
January Cantina speaker event - Nico Sell, live in San Francisco Commons / streamed to MV, YVR, YYZ, PDX (cantina's on Friday for EU spaces)
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm PT
- IRC #nicosell
- Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/january-cantina-speaker-nico-sell-ceo-r00tz-and-wickr
Friday, 30 January
* All aspects of contributing, including getting set up with Guides and all the ways of contributing. Then, information about how to contribute via code.
Saturday, 31 January
- FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Software Developers' European Meeting) is a free event offering open source communities a place to meet, share ideas and collaborate. It is renowned for being highly developer-oriented and brings together 5000+ geeks from all over the world. No registration necessary.
- Location: Brussels
- Mozilla Devroom: Schedule
- More Info: Wiki Page
Sunday, 01 February
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Winston on Mobile Marketing
Speaker Location: David Bialer, San Francisco
- Recent Highlights
- What's Ahead
Speaker Location: Sean Bohan, NYC
- The Content Services team is planning on running a Brown Bag session on "How Advertising Works" for any Mozillians interested. Depending on response, we may run this more than once or do a follow-up to answer questions. The Brown Bag will be scheduled for mid-Feb and we will have a final date/time for next Monday's Project Call.
- Content Services has released a Request for Innovation (RFI) Content and Advertising. You can find it on our blog here: https://blog.mozilla.org/advancingcontent/2015/01/22/request-for-innovation/
Feel free to check it out and let us know what you think on Yammer!
- If you have any friends at companies around the world who might be interested in tiles, have them send a note to email@example.com
Speaker Location: Andrew Sliwinski, Portland
- Webmaker.org - Improving the experience for new users
- Webmaker App - Improving the core user experience
- Research - Kenya Field Report
Google Summer of Code
- Google is running Summer of Code again in 2015. Mozilla has had the pleasure of participating every year so far, and we are hoping to participate again this year. In the next few weeks, we need to prepare a list of suitable projects to support our application.
- Would you like to mentor a student through a 3-month coding project next summer? If so, add your project ideas to our brainstorming wiki page.
Speaker Location: Josh Carpenter, San Francisco
- WebVR landed in Nightly: http://bit.ly/1wom6Jf
- Mozvr.com update: http://mozvr.com
- Tutorial on creating web VR prototypes: http://bit.ly/1LbRlSG
- TechCrunch coverage: http://tcrn.ch/1CPmbdD
- HTML5 Meetup on Browser Based VR (Jan 16) recording: http://bit.ly/15LLO5m
- Looking ahead to 2015...
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Mary Ellen Muckerman and friends||VP Brand||Smart on Privacy / Privacy Day||SF||No (potch, please share yours with link below)||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1le55Q1qJJwxiOAGFshNVbEZOX1PbmPWipkKmJyyuso4/edit#slide=id.p11||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Community/DataPrivacyDay|
|Michelle Marovich||Head of Recruiting||Req Opening Process: Update||MV||Nope||Nonefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|John Jensen||Director, Metrics||MetricsGraphics.js library||Vancouver MozSpace||Yes||Slides||http://metricsgraphicsjs.org|
|Mark Surman||Executive Director, MoFo||2015 Participation Strategy||Remote||Yes||No slides||https://commonspace.wordpress.com/2015/01/26/participationplan/|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Ceci Chang||Mike Tsai||(Recorded)||Taipei, Taiwan||Firefox OS Visual Designer|
|Tori Chen||Mike Tsai||(Recorded)||Taipei, Taiwan||Firefox OS Software Engineer|
|Morpheus Chen||Mike Tsai||(Recorded)||Taipei, Taiwan||Firefox OS UX Designer|
|Sung Chiu||Evelyn Hung||(Recorded)||Taipei, Taiwan||Firefox OS Software Engineer|
|Daosheng Mu||Shelly Lin||(Recorded)||Taipei, Taiwan||Firefox OS Software Engineer|
|Maja Frydrychowicz||Syd Polk||Mountain View Office||Canada Remote (QC)||Platform QA|
|Ryan Gendreau||Sylvie Brossard||Mountain View Office||San Francisco Office||What will the new person be working on?|
|Melissa Romaine||Dave Steer||San Francisco Office||San Francisco Office||Program Manager, Mozilla Advocacy -- Focus on Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellows program|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.