« previous week | index | next week »
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 NewCo Tech Festival at Mozilla Mountain View (Wed. June 10)
- 1.4 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.5 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox
- 3.1.2 Platform
- 3.1.3 Cloud Services
- 3.1.4 Messaging
- 3.1.5 Mobile
- 3.1.6 IT
- 3.1.7 Release Engineering
- 3.1.8 QA
- 3.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 3.1.10 Security
- 3.1.11 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- adusca and vaibhav1994 for the outstanding contributions over the last 4 months to Mozilla CI tools
- Their contributions have been a dream come true towards what to expect from volunteer contributions
- See their contributions here: https://github.com/armenzg/mozilla_ci_tools/graphs/contributors
Tasos for helping fix ReMo issues and add features for the vocation page Aka add the start date, also help me get setup on the remo dev and stage websites
- Thanks to Manuel Camacho and Daniel Añez Scott for taking on responsibility for the localized Spanish edition of Firefox Apps y Hacks, Mozilla's monthly newsletter for developers
Monday, 01 June
- AusCERT Information Security Conference June 1st-5th in Gold Coast, Australia
- This year’s conference theme explores how we need to smarten up to manage information security risks better.
Tuesday, 02 June
- Firefox Growth Campaign Kick Off 10:30 a.m. PDT, Air Mozilla. Details in presentation below.
- Webdev Extravaganza: 10:00 AM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo (Open to the public)
- Stream on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/webdev-extravaganza-june-2015/
- Monthly get-together for anyone in Mozilla interested in web development. Updates on shipped projects, libraries we're working on, and more!
Wednesday, 03 June
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday)
Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
- San Francisco (@MozSF), Portland (@ESRIPDX).
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
- The Joy of Coding: Episode 17 airs this Wednesday at 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 5PM GMT
- Watch a Mozilla engineer hack on Firefox codebase, all while thinking aloud! It's like The Matrix, but with Code-Fu instead of Kung-Fu.
- Previous episodes with summaries
- YouTube playlist
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
Thursday, 04 June
- Mozilla Science Global Sprint Day 1 https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-2015globalsprint
- German-speaking community bi-weekly meeting, 9pm CEST (7pm UTC, 12pm PT) AirMozilla, IRC: #deMeeting
- More info: De/Meetings.
Friday, 05 June
- Firefox 39.0 Beta 3 Testday
- Mozilla Science Global Sprint Day 2 https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-2015globalsprint
- Best of Web Paris June 5th in Paris, France
- 8 Parisians web meetups joins their communities for a big day of talks. The event will take place in the prestigious "salons de l'hôtel de ville de Paris" and will have more than 500 local developers
- Julien Wajsberg organizing and staffing a booth at the conference; there will be 4 employees and possibly 1 contributor.
Saturday, 06 June
- National Day of Civic Hacking at Mozilla Mountain View
- register on eventbrite
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM at Mozilla Mountain View
- A day of hacking to improve our communities and the governments that serve them. Come with your own ideas, or tackle one of the 16 federal challenges.
Sunday, 07 June
NewCo Tech Festival at Mozilla Mountain View (Wed. June 10)
- On Wednesday, June 10 Mozilla has been invited to host some activities as part of NewCo, a festival for innovation where people in specific regions sign up to visit innovative companies making positive social change. We hosted this in NY earlier this month and all local staff are invited to attend:
- 2pm in the MV Commons. Our VP Platform Engineering David Bryant will share on the Mozilla mission and its relevance for the technology community.
- 6pm - 8pm also in the MV Commons. The after-festival party will happen - come mix with hundreds of other professionals in tech right in our own office.
- In addition, NewCo has provided Mozilla with 20 complimentary Gold level passes which enable you to check out some of the other companies in the festival; these are first-come first-serve so if you are interested, sign up now:
- Go to sv.newco.co to see the full list of companies (and more info on NewCo).
- Use code Mozil100SV15 at checkout.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: Mountain View (epetitt) Slides for today
Andrew Sliwinski, Portland
Speaker Location: Jochai Ben-Avie, San Francisco. Update on Mozilla's campaign to reform mass surveillance. Related: Join the discussion on Mozilla Advocacy's Discourse channel; See Mitchell on 'Meet the Press.'
Speaker Location: Bill Mills, Vancouver. Announcing the second annual Mozilla Science Lab Global Sprint, #MozSprint. https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-2015globalsprint
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Yvan Boily||Minion Beta||Sign up for the Minion Beta!||Vancouver||No||n/a||https://etherpad.mozilla.org/minionbeta|
|Jochai Ben-Avie||Internet Policy Manager||Update on U.S. Surveillance Reform||SF||No||n/a||https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/2015/05/27/us-surveillance-reform-nearing-the-finish-line/|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|April King||Yvan Boily||Vancouver||Minneapolis (Remote)||Services Security|
|Tyson Smith||Via Youtube!||Internets!||Kelowna, Canada (Remote)||Platform Fuzzing|
|Sebastian Kaspari||Margaret Leibovic||SF||Munich (Remote)||Firefox for Android|
|Alex Davis||Chris More||MV||MV||Firefox Growth Team|
|Emily Dunham||Aaron Turon||SF||PDX||DevOps for Mozilla Research|
|Reza Akhavan||Gregor Wagner||SF||SF||Staff Web Developer|
|Russ Nicoletti||Hema Koka||MTV||MTV||Senior Software Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Ursula Sarracini||Mike Conley||Toronto||Toronto||FF Desktop|
|Jimmy (Yi) Wang||Neil Deakin||Toronto||Toronto||FF: Desktop|
|Sam Fang||Darrin Henein||Toronto||Toronto||Insight & Strategy Team|
|Alice Scarpa (adusca)||Armen Zambrano||Toronto||Toronto||Automation and tools|
|Kate Glazko||Liz Henry||Mountain View||San Francisco||FFX Release|
|Jatin Chhikara||Robin Andersen||Mountain View||San Francisco||FFX Desktop UX|
|Rithesh Shenthar||Nils Ohlmeier||Mountain View||Mountain View||QA|
|Bryan Munar||Brian Nicholson||Mountain View||Mountain View||FFX Mobile|
|Nathaniel Hughes||Nick Hurley||Mountain View||Mountain View||Platform Eng. (Networking)|
|Sai Prashanth Chandramouli||Zach Carter||Mountain View||San Francisco||Cloud Services|
|Michael Nolan||Peter Bengtsson||Mountain View||Mountain View||Web Dev|
|James Hobin||Gregor Wagner||San Francisco||San Francisco||FFX OS|
|Vincent Fassbender||Greg Jost||San Francisco||San Francisco||Brand Strategy|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
- [mcote]: Related, gps's post on new MozReview features
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 1163868 "Overdue Requests" emails now include overdue requests that you set and are waiting on other people
- bug 1135164 A warning is now shown on unassigned bugs with patches attached
- bug 1164850 Added options to "Overdue Requests" for managers (show reviews only, allow an extra day's grace period, and never encrypt emails)