- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to David Ross for doing literally hundreds of editorial reviews on MDN!
- Thanks to facilitators Daniele, Amine, Flaki, Gabriel, Sumanth, Santosh, Diwanshi, Ioana, Manel, Ayah, Alex L, Frederic, Salman, & Rabimba - who've helped us complete the Winter 2017 Tech Speaker training, onboarding many new Tech Speakers.
- Thanks to code contributors bkzhang, Aayush Sanghavi, saintsebastian, psionikangel, lavish205, and Tushar Aurora for their recent patches to add-ons bugs!
- A very special thank you to Naoki Hirata. It's with great sadness & regret to inform you that one of our most beloved Mozillians, Naoki Hirata, has passed away last week. His QA & B2G contributions & his outspokenness had a huge impact on our community. As well as his passion for helping others. I would just like to say what a wonderful, caring and loving person he was and he will be forever missed. If you'd like to share your condolences or memories about Naoki, there's a page setup to share your best memories of Naoki below:
- FITC Toronto is happening this week
- Mozilla is a Silver sponsor at this 16th year event; 1200 web developers and affiliates are expected
- We have 10! Mozilla speakers, including Lin Clark, Dan Callahan, potch, as well as speakers from MoFo.
Monday, 24 April
Tuesday, 25 April
- Add-ons Community Meeting
- 10am PT; ACE Vidyo Room
- Join the team to discuss what's going on in the add-ons community!
- 10am PT; ACE Vidyo Room
- WebExtensions APIs Triage
- 10:30am PT; ACE Vidyo Room
- Join the add-ons team to discuss design-decision-needed WebExtensions APIs and WebExtensions Experiments!
- To submit a WebExtensions Experiment for discussion, please open an issue on the web-ext-experiments github repo.
- Mozilla Developer Roadshow continues in London at Twitter UK
- with 150+ RSVPs for this packed event, webVR, A-Frame, A-Painter, AR in mobile are the exciting topics during this show
Wednesday, 26 April
- American Spies: Jennifer Granick on U.S. Surveillance and its Global Implications
Intelligence agencies in the U.S. (aka the American Spies) are exceedingly aggressive, pushing and sometimes bursting through the technological, legal and political boundaries of lawful surveillance.
Because surveillance law has fallen behind surveillance technology, the U.S. government has unprecedented new powers. At our April Speaker Series, Jennifer Granick will address how Cold War programs led by J. Edgar Hoover and initiatives sparked by the September 11, 2001 tragedy have led us to today’s fusion centers and mosque infiltrators. She will also show how our current state of mass surveillance is fundamentally incompatible with a healthy democracy.
- Details on speaker series wiki.
- Advance reading:
- Excerpt in Wired from American Spies: Mass Spying Isn’t Just Intrusive—It’s Ineffective
- Guest post in Just Security: Reforming Surveillance In the Age of Donald Trump
- Video (1h21m) of American Spies book panel, "Modern Surveillance Under the Trump Administration" with Jennifer and United States Senator from Oregon, Ron Wyden
Thursday, 27 April
- Privacy Lab at Bonsai in Berkeley, 6-8pm, The Future of Privacy and AI. Peter Eckersley, the Chief Computer Scientist for the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), will discuss the new EFF initiative that he is leading on the policy, strategy and governance questions raised by artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies. Bonsai is at 2150 Shattuck, steps from the Downtown Berkeley BART Station.
- A-MAZE Games Festival with the Mozilla Developer Roadshow in Berlin is happening end of the week
- Mozillians Flaki, Vlad Illic, Fabien Bentou will present a workshop on the 27th for AMAZE attendees, and a public event on the 29th to let everyone including the AMAZE attendees experience A-Painter with the Berlin ladnscape as its background!
Friday, 28 April
- On Friday, April 28th from 3-5pm in the Mozilla San Francisco Commons, A.C.T. “American Conservatory Theatre” will perform a test of the new play called “Blue Skies Process.” Please come, enjoy, and leave inspired through the study of another creative process.
Saturday, 29 April
- RustFest EU is back with Kiev kicking off the 2017 series on April 29th
Sunday, 30 April
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Hugo Romano||Product Manager, Pocket||Pocket Update||Pocket HQ - SF||No|
|Vanessa Rhinesmith||Program Manager, Open Web Fellows||Open Web Fellows call for proposals||Remotely||https://medium.com/@vanessa_5673/introducing-the-2017-2018-host-organizations-and-call-for-fellows-9bb806322764|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||Firefox Update||MTV||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Roadmap/Updates#2017-04-24|
|Michael Van Kleeck||Enterprise Solutions Architect||The MinIT!||MozPDX||No||n/a||IAM Sprint updates available at https://air.mozilla.org/?tag=iam, 3 new ServiceDesk interns in MTV from NPower, Canada updates- Toronto infrastructure updated, Vancouver Jive upgrade this weekend.|
|Bryan Clark||perf.html introduction||Introduction to perf.html project||Shipping container in Pacific Northwest||Yes, 16:9 "widescreen"||slides||Check out perf.html on GitHub|
|Scott DeVaney||Editorial Manager, AMO||Feature Board||SF||No||No||https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/04/13/apply-join-amo-feature-board/|
|John Gruen||Product Manager, Test Pilot||Test Pilot||London||Yes||No||No|
|Lonnen||Firefox Eng Ops Management||Manager Training Surveys||MV||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Manager_Training|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Jeannie Roebuck||Jeff Garver||MTV||Commercial Counsel/Legal|
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
"Introduction to Pocket"
- Denelle Dixon Thayer, Chief Business Officer, Mozilla
- Nate Weiner, CEO, Pocket
- Kait Gaiss Growth & Marketing Manager, Pocket
Last month Mozilla acquired Read It Later, the San Francisco-based maker of the Pocket app for the desktop, iOS and Android. Pocket users have saved more than 3 billion pieces of content to date. In today’s chat we’ll learn more about why we made this acquisition, and we’ll meet some members of the Pocket team who will take us on a product tour.
You can submit questions in advance on the Moderator page or ask them live on Air Mozilla using a Mozilla Space mic or in #airmozilla on IRC.