« previous week | index | next week »
- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Many thanks to the outgoing members of AMO’s Featured Add-ons Advisory Board for helping us select featured extensions for the past six months. Community curators included Sarah Avilov, Karthic Keyan, Ashli Rose Mathew M, Bhuvana Meenakshi, Viswaprasath, Prasanth P, Santosh Viswanatham, Roopak Suresh, and longtime community editorial leaders Michael Balasz and Swarnava Sengupta.
- Huge props to all the Mozillians who rocked JSconf & CSS Conf EU, including Sandra Persing, who led our sponsor presence, Michael Ellis and Flaki who organized & managed our HackerLounge/booth presence; all the Tech Speakers who ran demos and answered questions all weekend long; Mozillian speakers Lin Clark (devrel), and Anjana Vakil (Tech speaker), and all attending Mozillians who supported our presence, including anyone I've mistakenly left out.
- Shout-outs to all the Tech Speakers who gave talks this past weekend: Daniele, Eugenio (Italy), Andrzej (Poland), Amine (Gambia), Miguel (Venezuela) and Viswaprasath (India). Thank you!
Monday, 08 May
2017 Interns are here! Our first cohort of interns is in Mountain View for onboarding today. Look for your new team members in the link above!
Tuesday, 09 May
- Add-ons Community Meeting
- 10am PST; ACE Vidyo Room
- Join the team to discuss what's going on in the add-ons community!
- 10am PST; ACE Vidyo Room
- Add-ons WebExtensions Triage
- 10:30 am PT; ACE Vidyo Room
- Join the add-ons team to discuss design-decision-needed WebExtensions APIs and WebExtensions Experiments!
- To submit a WebExtensions Experiment for discussion, please open an issue on the web-ext-experiments github repo.
Wednesday, 10 May
- Our first European Speaker Series!
- Location: Mozilla London + Air Mozilla
- Time: 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST
- Topic: When Surveillance Goes Private: A 2027 Retrospective from Adrian Hon
It’s 2027. In the UK, 8 out of 10 homes host a range of microphones, cameras and motion detectors. They help users secure their homes, find lost items, assist with cleaning, keep an eye out for accidents and falls, and a hundred other everyday tasks. They're integrated so seamlessly into daily life that they're considered indispensable – and they're cheap.
In our May 10 “future retrospective,” Adrian Hon will share how we - in 2027 - became so collectively compliant to others owning data about our personal habits and lives. What factors led to us to give so much of our lives to corporations, with so little transparency or accountability? Why were we more open to private surveillance than public surveillance? And when we return to 2017, what can we learn from this evolution to map a different future?
- Host: Sarah Allen
- Speaker: Adrian Hon
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (nearly every Wednesday somewhere)
Contribute to the open web with your own website.
Own your online identity.
Own your data.
- Baltimore (MD),
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: https://indieweb.org/discuss
- Baltimore (MD),
Thursday, 11 May
Friday, 12 May
- perf.html office hours
- Friday 9:00am PT in DevTools Vidyo
- Last week we walked through a profile of the DevTools debugger
- Stop by and we'll capture a profile and walk through it together
Saturday, 13 May
Sunday, 14 May
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Chris Riley and Ashley Boyd||Director, Public Policy and VP, Advocacy||Update: Net Neutrality in the U.S.||San Francisco||No||N/A||https://advocacy.mozilla.org/en-US/net-neutrality and (warning: language) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vuuZt7wak|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||Firefox Weekly Update||MTV||no||na||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Roadmap/Updates#2017-05-08|
|Joe Cheng||Product Manager, Firefox for Android||Firefox for Android update||Vancouver||No||https://goo.gl/QW7fNH||N/A|
|Andy McKay||Engineering Manager Firefox||Add-ons for Firefox 57||Vancouver||No||https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZZtB2CqWjjnDBxERQxIz7eb9XPprGSKF4QinRQq8rOg/edit||N/A|
|Zannah Marsh||Learning Strategist, Mozilla Foundation||Mozilla Global Sprint Update/Announcement||Remotely from Gloucester, MA, USA (home)||No||N/A||https://mozilla.github.io/global-sprint/|
|Pocket Team||Pocket Product||Pocket Weekly Update||Pocket HQ - San Francisco||Yes, 16:9||n/a||Pocket for iOS Beta|
|Yuliya Gorlovetsky||Assoc. Creative Director for Brand||Zilla Slab (fonts!)||San Francisco||Yes, 16:9||https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/167sNk733kGWtFcdhXjhghvCPjZmAEvyHHhC2jMl2JbQ/edit?ts=59109e44#slide=id.p||email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or get notifications by signing up at https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/brand-updates|
|Michael Van Kleeck||Enterprise Solutions Architect||The MinIT!||MozPDX||No||n/a||sso.mozilla.com- New dashboard/ Okta replacement is live! New hire remotees now getting pre-start IT consult for facilities and tech! Mozilla Community Web Services (MCWS) migrating community blogs to WPEngine with help and support of IT!|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Yulia Startsev||Soledad Penadés||Offline from London - not really connecting live ;)||Berlin||Developer Tools Engineer|
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
You can submit questions in advance on the Moderator page (link), or ask them live on Air Mozilla using a Mozilla Space mic or in #airmozilla on IRC.