- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- Watch at https://mzl.la/project-meeting-2019-01-28 or anonymously at https://air.mozilla.org. You can also watch on the Mozilla YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEtS3cPwnAg
- join #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
A huge thank you to the Mozilla India community for running another great Privacy Month campaign on social! All month long (every year for the past few years!), they post a privacy tip each day to help people take control of their online lives.
Big thanks to Tech Speakers Karthickeyan, Jayesh, Ram, and Viswaprasath who gave talks & workshops this past week at various conferences across India - and to Boris, Dipesh, Kairo, Trishul, Daniele, and Gabriele who will be speaking this week at FOSDEM in Brussels!!
Now by default, Advanced Search in Bugzilla leaves out "graveyard" products and components, making the product selector easier to navigate. Thanks to Kohei for making the change.
Monday, 28 January
Tuesday, 29 January
Wednesday, 30 January
Thursday, 31 January
Friday, 01 February
- Libby Hemphill, Full Professor, University of Michigan Information School 1030AM PST
ET Vidyo Room and AirMo and Youtube and MTV: Vega Designing Targeted, Automated De-escalation Strategies for Social Media
Harassment, insults, trolling, threats, and many other anti-social behaviors are toxic to conversations online. Reporting and addressing these behaviors requires a lot of time, labor, and emotional strain, and they're often ineffective. She discuss research and provide an example of a targeted mechanism for addressing personal insults and an experiment designed to reduce their prevalence in existing online communities
Saturday, 02 February
FOSDEM 2019, Université libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium. Mozilla is once again hosting a devroom and stand at the Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting and is sending a team of speakers, staff and contributors to represent Mozilla. This is a massive event for the open source community, so if you are in the neighbourhood, please come along. The event schedule is at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/ with the schedule for the Mozilla devroom at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/mozilla/
Sunday, 03 February
FOSDEM 2019 (day 2), Université libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Brianna Mark||Cultural Onboarding||Welcoming the onboarding group in MV this week||Mountain View||No||N/A||N/A|
|Asa Dotzler||Team Firefox||Weekly Firefox Update||MTV||no||n/a||2019-01-28|
|Dave Townsend||Browser Architecture||Dedicated Profiles per Install||PDX||no||n/a||Blog post|
|Aaron Turon||Research Engineering Manager||Emerging Technologies weekly update||Remote||no||n/a||ET Headlines|
|Andrew Krug||Staff Security Engineer, Enterprise Information Security||Mozilla IT MinIT||Remote, Via PreRecorded Video||no||Please play video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11rgVXUWtzmDrGHWptaAETCQbKkr_1z42/view?usp=sharing||(Weekly MinIT Links)|
|Michael Van Kleeck||AirMo- Enterprise Solutions Architect||Community members! Talk to us about AirMo!||MozPDX||no||n/a||Sign up here to be part of the AirMo journey: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1btpIIGzcp5dotjrEceLkLb3MteK7moJgCigLELRZV1U/|
|Maura Tuohy||Social, Events, Influencer Team||Weekly Marketing Update!||SF||no||n/a|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Dana Bennett||Michael DeAngelo||San Francisco Office||Mountain View Office||Senior Director, People and Capability|
|Jim Thomas||Chris More||Remote vidyo (Austin)||Mountain View Office||Firefox Growth, Product Management|