« previous week | index | next week »
- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- Watch at https://mzl.la/project-meeting-2019-08-26 or anonymously at https://air.mozilla.org. You can also watch on the Mozilla YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nkZtg58cfw.
- join #weekly-project-call on irc.mozilla.org or Slack for backchannel discussion
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Zoom video chat 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- Presenters only: Zoom Meeting ID: 828 817 988 https://mozilla.zoom.us/j/828817988. Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- One-tap mobile
- +16465588656,,828817988# US (New York)
- +17207072699,,828817988# US
- Dial-in by your location
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 720 707 2699 US
- 877 853 5257 US Toll-free
- +61 2 8015 2088 Australia
- +61 8 7150 1149 Australia
- 1800 893 423 Australia Toll-free
- +1 647 558 0588 Canada
- +33 1 8288 0188 France
- +33 7 5678 4048 France
- 0 805 082 588 France Toll-free
- +49 30 5679 5800 Germany
- +49 69 8088 3899 Germany
- +49 30 3080 6188 Germany
- 800 724 3138 Germany Toll-free
- +852 5808 6088 Hong Kong, China
- +44 203 695 0088 United Kingdom
- +44 203 966 3809 United Kingdom
- +44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
- 0 800 031 5717 United Kingdom Toll-free
- 1 Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- We would like to recognize the Mozilla Tech Speakers team, who had a very active week last week spreading the word about Mozilla and the Open Web. This past week Tech Speakers collectively delivered 17 talks and workshops for developers around the globe. The Emerging Technologies org would like to extend a big thank you to the following Tech Speakers who spoke at various conferences and events: Aisha, Ali, Anjana, Bob, Giannis, Kiki, Leo, Miguel, Niels, Nikita, Princya, Rabimba, Rizky, Willian, & Wojtek.
Monday, 26 August
Tuesday, 27 August
Wednesday, 28 August
Homebrew Website Club
The Homebrew Website Club is a growing world-wide network of meetups for everyone who wants to take back their web experience from social media silos, and own their online identities, content, and interactions.
- 17:30-18:30 Pacific Daylight Time at
- Details and RSVP: https://indieweb.org/events/2019-08-28-homebrew-website-club
Thursday, 29 August
- Homebrew Website Club Brighton (every Thursday)
- 18:00 BST / 17:00 UTC at Clearleft, 68 Middle Street, BN1 1AL, Brighton, England
- Details and RSVP: https://indieweb.org/events/2019-08-29-homebrew-website-club
Friday, 30 August
Saturday, 31 August
Sunday, 01 September
| ET Speaker Series: Yvette Wohn, New Jersey Institute of Technology. Digital Patronage: A New Media Ecosystem Supporting Creative Content
- Thursday, September 5th, 10:00 PST / 13:00 EST / 18:00 BST / 19:00 CEST
- Much of the internet as we know it is funded by advertising. Arguably, the underlying cause of issues with privacy and data on the internet is that very advertising funding, and specifically the desire for targeted advertising. But what are alternatives? In this talk, Assistant Professor of Informatics at NJIT and Mozilla Research Grant award winner Yvette Wohn will present an in-depth study of one particular form of funding on the internet: her recent work exploring digital patronage on Twitch.
- Hosted live in MTV, broadcast and recorded on AirMo and Youtube, questions on #et on Slack and @jofish on Twitter.
Later Events and Available Tickets
Mozilla DevRel Complimentary Tickets
Our DevRel Sponsorship team sometimes receives complimentary tickets to share with Mozillians interested in attending the following events. Please fill out this form Ticket RequestForm . If you have questions, reach out to the DevSponsorship Team at email@example.com for more details.
Mozilla Sponsored Developer Events
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events (with their start dates) around the globe (DevRel Events team will update):
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Jofish Kaye||Principal Research Scientist||Emerging Technologies weekly update||MV||no||n/a||ET headlines|
|Andrew Krug||Staff Security Engineer, Enterprise Information Security||IT MinIT||Remote, Via PreRecorded Video||Please play video||n/a|
|Harald Kirschner||Team Firefox DevTools||DevTools in 60sec||MTV||no||n/a||Slides|
|Asa Dotzler||Team Firefox||Weekly Browser Update||MTV||no||n/a||2019-08-26|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Their Name||Your Name||Intro location||Their Location||Their Role|