- Initial code BMO/Pulse integration being reviewed.
- Some performance work on several bug pages, possible optimizations in the works.
- Weekly code push bringing in several fixes/enhancements/security
- Various BMO administrative tasks (products, components, etc.)
- Upstream 4.2 release getting closer
- Security review request created for new OrangeFactor BMO extension. scheduled for Q1 of next year.
- UI: A number of bug fixes and a few new features.
- Green/red screen detection, to detect start/end of tests, nearly finished.
- Increased efficiency in frame-processing code.
- Some work on getting gonk (new backend to replace "raw" android) working with qemu (Android emulator). Slow going, so work passed off to b2g team.
- Made some improvements to pure JS tests; should land soon.
- Plans hatching to add a web server.
- Started landing patches for reftest in native fennec; should be ready next week.
- Almost ready to turn on talos tests for android-xul.
- Mobile startup automation was turned back on with data running through on 2011/12/15 but froze a while later; ctalbert is debugging it.
- Discussion proceeding on continuous integration of mozbase.
- Various fixes, including the elimination of the cruft binary-finding method.
- Reaching out to Jetpack team to get their test harness to use mozbase.
- ahal working with aki to get peptest on try
- added support for QA automation's shared modules
- Last of the Java reflexivity (accessing fennec source) bugs hopefully fixed.
- Patches getting r+ed and legal review proceeding.
- Patches will start landing 2011/12/16; working with releng on staging next week.
- Talos has tests! Well, exactly one test at the moment.
- Getting ready to start rolling mozprocess/mozrunner into talos proper.
- Waiting on bear's approval for putting the create-talos-zip patch to production.
- Just a few test fixes.
War On Orange
- A few more small bug fixes.
- Submitted a presentation abstract to TestIstanbul conference.
- Going to start splitting long queries into many shorter ones to avoid excess load on ES server.
- This will make it possible to add the tool to estimate when oranges were introduced ("Orange Seed") without killing the database. May renew interest in the War on Orange.
- IT fixed the source of the killer ES latency.
- jgriffin setting up a b2g build machine.
- jgriffin also reviewing TPS patches submitted by sync devs and looking at supporting navigator.mozApps.
All times Pacific Time, click on link to find your timezone
- Platform Meeting (all platform engineers) Tuesday at 11 AM, Conf # 8605.
- Mobile Test Automation Wednesday at 10:30 AM #304
- Marionette/Eideticker Meeting Thursday at 10 AM Conf # 304
- Project Snappy Meeting Thursday at 11 AM Conf # 95346
- US: Out Friday 23, Monday 26, Monday the 2nd
- Canada: Out Monday 26, Tuesday 27, Monday the 2nd.
- Australia: I'm sure Glob already knows and has taken the days off, since he's in the future (also, same as Canada).
- NEXT A*TEAM MONDAY MTG: January 9th 2012
- Rebooted brasstacks to see if that would magically fix the awful latency when accessing the ES database. It didn't, and a number of things failed to restart gracefully; mcote wrote up a summary (Intranet link) of what went wrong.
- In the end, IT fixed the routing problem themselves. Access had only been granted to one of the three addresses that the ES server's hostname resolved to, resulting in a connection timeout 2/3 of the time.
- mcote starting the Automatic Testing Guide, a very short summary of all our frameworks along with a Q & A (or flowchart?) to help people decide what framework to use when they want to add a test.
- We *need* to keep this up to date. mcote recommends that, every two weeks, the meeting MC goes over the guide to make sure it's not full of lies.
- Goals Time again