Auto-tools/Projects/B2G Test And Performance/Meetings/2011-10-20
October 20, 2011 @ 10am PDT / 1pm EDT
dial-in 650-903-0800 x92 304
Backchannel #ateam on irc.mozilla.org
- Review the Action Items & Bugs
Action items from last time
Review current activities
- Status is being tracked at: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/387361
- Jgriffin has completed the support for JSON Wire protocol, error handling protocol will follow
- Jgriffin has developed the skeleton of a Python test running talking in this protocol
- Mdas has been trying to build B2G to test if Marionette will run on start up, current B2G code isn't running correctly on the phone. Going to wait on this and start working on adding the protocol support to Marionette.
- Status is being tracked at: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/387017
- Project is on github: http://github.com/mozilla/eideticker
- First milestone (capture of basic animation test) finished! More details here: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.tools/msg/14bc658d78a18585
- Currently planning on working on page load tests, pending further feedback from cjones or other interested parties
- Documentation/wiki should be updated
- Blocking progress: Talos / jsbridge / mobile infrastructure problems
Actions for next time
- Get clarification on whether getting Eideticker running on Boot 2 Gecko (vs. just Fennec) is a critical goal for this quarter.
- Document requirements of content manipulation requirements from remote debugger interface for mobile team (to make sure Marionette can still be implemented for Fennec after mobile rewrite/refactoring)
- Mobile device must be able to to run remote-debugger. Must be able to open a ServerSocket from the Fennec process and allow us to connect to it.
- We want to be able to kick off marionette's ServerSocket at browser/B2G startup if a preference is set.
- Ensure nsIAccessible is still supported for both content and chrome (assuming we want to let scripts interact with chrome elements in B2G).
- Ensure message manager is still supported (need listeners in content space so they can act on incoming messages); need method of targeting specific content processes that doesn't rely on browser.js.