Auto-tools/Projects/B2G Test And Performance
B2G Test and Performance Automation
These are our current projects to support B2G and other mobile efforts going forward.
Eideticker is a video capture and analysis tool for performance analysis. It can also be used to do performance testing for fennec and desktop browsers as well.
- Some brand name companies may ask for the performance of file reading/writing on different file sizes and file numbers.
- [sicking] App startup time. we should start with the most critical built-in apps (phone, sms, browser), we should also do 3rd party apps, both packaged and hosted ones
- [suggested by ieee engineer, off-thread] Boot time as a metric. This is specially interesting for the pandaboard user group, aiming to use B2G in OEM applications.
- [Michael Treese, gal] Battery estimates. Example profiling:
- Standby time (important), then videos and apps
- Active radio usage (calls, etc) is for OEM to optimize
- Test Battery life with other applications - Browser, FM Radio, FB, etc.
- how many amps an applications consumes during normal usage
- [overholt] Can we use powerTOP for power consumption usage?
- startup/shutdown time, cold app launch time, warm app launch time (?), WebGL tech demo framerates, JS perf tests, dropped frames in video playback, memory usage all the while, and app eviction frequency (?).
- [khu] CPU usage and memory usage:
- related bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=756379
- [jlebar] Perhaps we can do a straightforward measurement similar to AWSY (except with apps instead of webpages), if we're running on an emulator with unlimited memory. If OTOH we're emulating a device with a fixed amount of memory, we'll have to be more clever in how we measure, since B2G will happily kill background apps when it's running out of memory. Maybe you can come to a MemShrink meeting and we can talk over how we might want to do memory benchmarks on the device. Don't be a stranger.
Join us, we'd love the help! You can either drop by in #ateam (irc.mozilla.org) or drop into one of our meetings.
When: Every Thursday 10AM PDT
Where: Phone: 1-650-903-0800 x92, Conf #95589 OR 1-800-707-2533, PIN: 369, 95589
Etherpad: Jot down meeting notes here
Create a new weekly agenda from the active Meeting Template:
<createbox> align=left type=create preload=Auto-tools/Projects/B2G_Test_And_Performance/Meeting_Template default=2018-08-15 prefix=Auto-tools/Projects/B2G_Test_And_Performance/Meetings/ </createbox>
- Nov 15 2012
- Nov 01 2012
- Oct 11 2012
- Oct 4 2012
- Sep 27 2012
- Sep 20 2012
- Sep 13 2012
- Sep 06 2012
- August 30 2012
- August 23 2012
- August 16 2012
- August 09 2012
- August 2 2012
- July 26 2012
- July 12 2012
- July 05 2012
- June 28 2012
- June 21 2012
- June 14 2012
- June 07 2012
- May 31 2012
- Apr 26 2012
- Apr 12 2012
- Apr 05 2012
- Mar 29 2012
- Mar 22 2012
- Mar 8 2012
- Feb 16 2012
- Feb 9 2012
- Feb 2 2012
- Jan 26 2012
- Jan 19 2012
- Jan 12 2012
- Jan 5 2012
- Dec 15 2011
- Nov 17 2011
- Nov 10 2011
- Nov 3 2011
- Oct 27 2011
- Oct 20 2011
- Oct 13 2011
- Oct 6 2011