Personal tools

B2G/Meeting/2012-05-28

From MozillaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

News

  • Communication changes: this meeting is now project-centric instead of person-centric. Please fill out the status of your API below! We'll go over the list of APIs shipping in V1, and both UX and developers can give updates.
  • 6/1 M3 deadline is days away! If you have items at risk, let Kevin, Dietrich or Faramarz know asap.
  • Bug Triage Weekly on Tuesday at 1300 PDT / 2200 CET / 0400 CST on Vidyo (Dietrich's room, until we get the B2G room set up). Notes at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-triage
  • Join the Mozilla community directory! Not much B2G representation there yet: https://mozillians.org/en-US/search?q=b2g
  • Welcome Mike Treese, new PM!

Administrative

Status updates

Gaia

APIs/Platform Work

  • System Intents for Dialer/SMS (Fabrice)
    • reviews and corrections ongoing
    • 3rd review, ready for this week
  • Per app domain security model (Jim Straus)
    • This is dependent on a variety of other pieces, including data jars, permission manager, electrosizing apps, trusted/certified apps. Won't be done by 6/1.
  • Relax same-origin XHR (Unowned!)
    • Dietrich finding owner
  • Persona implementation (Identity team - Ben Adida)
  • Carrier billing (Identity/Marketplace teams - Ben Adida, Justin Scott)
  • Unified manifest format with OWA (Fabrice)
    • not sure what there is to do here... - DA remove from m3 doc
    • [khu] I already removed this one from m3 doc.
  • Bluetooth support (ericchou, qDot)
    • Low level DBus stuff hit snag late last week, cleared up this morning, back on track (qDot)
    • Starting to talk about e10s this week (qDot)
    • HSP and HFP are ready.
    • A2DP and FTP are not ready yet.
    • Steven will continue the implementation. Eric is on PTO.
  • Web Activities (Fabrice)
  • RIL: MMS support (vicamo / price / Hsinyi)
    • MMS DOM request: on-going. <Price, Vicamo>
      • Implement the MMS DOM in JS - Ongoing.
    • SMS DOM API: on-going. <Hsinyi, Vicamo>
      • Bug 749086 - WebSMS: use DOMRequest: revised according to KanRu's comments, ongoing.
      • What does that mean? Where are those comments? -- atm there's no patch that could have been revised
      • These comments are not in Bugzilla. Hsinyi faced some crash issues and she asked for Kanru's comments.
  • RIL: USSD (Fernando)
    • philikon just r+'d!
    • waiting for remaining review from bent
  • RIL: getNetworks + network selection mode (auto/manual) (Marshall)
  • Voicemail (Marshall)
    • No updates -- will be moving to this once network API patch is submitted
  • mp3/m4v support (Roc)
    • playback/seeking on ICS almost ready to land, waiting on ted's review
  • USB storage device support (Dave Hylands)
  • IndexedDB multiprocess support (Bent)
    • Almost done. In-process tests all pass, working on OOP tests. Review starting today. (Bug 666693)
    • blob support started (jvarga)
  • Asynchronous animations and video (Cjones/Andreas)
    • dzbarsky doing great work on his end.
    • mrbkap finally caught up on e-mails and reviews, will hopefully have transitions done this week
  • Asynchronous panning/zooming (dRdR/jrmuizel)
    • basic scrolling, some probs w/ compositing
    • panning == scrolling
    • next week sometime, big piece
  • TCPSocket (Donovan Preston)
    • Next version of patch ready for review.
    • Someone on platform is going to have to take over to finish the required bits for multiprocess support (electrolosys) which cannot be done in raw js
  • WiFi Hotspot (Vincent Chang)
    • Bug 735547 - Support USB tethering - ongoing
      • Supported non-blocking I/O between network management worker and Netd using I/O thread.
      • Supported postNetdMessage JS function and onNetdMessage to send/receive IPC message between javascript and C++.
  • Memory profiling (Jlebar)
    • Not started.
  • Alarm API (Gene)
    • Bug 749551 - Alarm API: cleaned up codes and uploaded splitting patches onto Bugzilla
      • IDL and dummy DOM (r=jonas)
      • Hal/Gonk (r=cjones)
      • AlarmHalService (r=mounir)
      • AlarmDB (r=vivien, sr=jonas)
      • Alarm DOM (r=vivien, sr=jonas)
    • Bug 755245 - Implement System Message Handler: digested the codes designed by Fabrice and tried to intergrate the functions in Alarm API
  • FM Radio (Pin Zhang, Steven)
    • Bug 749053 FM radio support
      • Try to port FM on partner's phone. On-going. <Steven>
    • WebAPI: Need review. <Pin Zhang>
  • Automatic Updates (Jonas?)
  • Appcache integration for OWA API (Jonas coordinating)
  • Trusted apps at risk of getting finished on time (Jonas)
  • Device storage landed (dougt)
  • Per-app security model underway (Mounir, Jonas)
  • Idle API
    • final polish and test fixing underway (Bonnie)
  • Multiprocess for settings api (Gregor)
  • done by the end of this week.
  • settings API security review tomorrow (Gregor)
  • WebActivities API security review tomorrow (Mounir)
  • Browser API secreview Thursday PST
  • <ateam> (mdas, jgriffin)
    • daily builds running smoothly now (SGS2, Nexus-S, x86 and arm qemu)
    • working on getting mochitest-plain running on the emulator, running into proxy issues due to the emulator's network virtualization
    • debugging some oranges on the WebAPI continuous integration
  • <QA team> (Geo, John)
  • <product team> (Chris Lee)
    • new devices arrive this coming week
    • work week details forthcoming
  • <PMO team> (Kevin Hu, Dietrich)
    • New comer in Taipei office: S.C. Chien
    • Demo(GSMA) at Shanghai in June. (June 20th - June 22th)
  • <Release Management> (Alex Keybl)
    • We're just starting to get engaged on B2G now, will be attending the weekly meeting and triage when we can
    • Our early focus on B2G will include:
      • builds - daily device images, human readable build ID
      • l10n - don't know current status here right now, will sync up with Axel (?)
      • Helping with strategy around convergence (and therefore branching)
      • Supplementing QA testing (Mobile Test Drivers?)
      • Helping to finalize the update cadence/strategy
      • Tracking required Gecko changes/approvals/landings and managing risk to desktop/mobile products while making progress on B2G. Gaia/Gonk approval and tracking volume will likely be too high for Release Management to handle prior to 1.0 (same as mobile)
    • We're staffing up (please forward anybody with release/project management experience and a love of OSS). Post-1.0 we plan to help with:
      • Risk management and approvals for Gecko/Gonk/Gaia
      • Full build/release coordination
      • ...
    • Current hot topic: Using ESR branch for Gecko version to prevent exponentially more work for engineers/QA with each release
      • Following up with Kev, and soon JP on finalizing dates/versions
      • Will send proposal to b2g-internal when ready
      • What can we do post-1.0?
    • Reminder, next merge day is 6/4 (a day before release, a day earlier than normal)

Roundtable


BELOW ARE THE OLD NOTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING. IF YOU EDITED THESE FOR 5/29, MOVE YOUR STATUS UP TO THE PROJECT SECTIONS ABOVE.


  • Gaia Updates: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Past_meeting_notes and https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-meeting-notes
  • qDot
    • Mapping out needs for Bluetooth FTP
    • Continuing to review/land low level Bluetooth portions
  • mrbkap
    • Catching up after getting back to San Francisco.
    • Starting to fill in cjones' async CSS animations patch
    • Wifi priorities (extra notifications, mailing list, etc)
  • mounir
  • mwu
  • jlebar
    • Waiting for review on window.alert/prompt/confirm (bug 741587)
    • Starting on window.open/close (bug 757182, bug 744451)
  • gwagner
    • Contacts: discussion about adding a new field for tel number: carrier
    • SIM contacts import tested and under review. Thx yoshi!
    • Missing adapter and content access is also under review.
    • Fixing minor bugs in contacts-sorting algorithm.
    • Settings: adding a listener for single setting change.
    • Pre-populating settingsdb landed:
    • make settingsdb && make install-settingsdb works on OSX in gaia folder.
  • philikon
  • fabrice
    • Implemented System Message Handler API (bug 755245)
    • Changed the volume range to be more natural.
    • Designed CameraControl API
    • Synced up with people from browserID
  • marshall_law
  • jstraus
  • mikeh
    • bug 740997: finally resolved the refcnt problem, so exiting camera no longer crashes Gecko (on OoM)
      • turned out to be something in the JS
      • underlying framework is still brittle--we really need feedback on input stream congestion
  • Daeken
    • I was out on vacation Friday-Monday, so not much since Thursday
    • Double buffering for direct texturing seems to be working nicely
    • There are a couple crashes in my new libegl wrapper that are blocking me from getting this out
      • Hoping to have everything wrapped up in the next day or two
    • Wrapping up allocator mismatch bug that's breaking B2G (without jemalloc patch), Mobile Firefox, and some Desktop Firefox installations
    • Working to figure out how we can test gfx beyond "if it looks glitchy or slow, tell me"
  • dhylands
    • Monday was a holiday (Canada)
    • Characterized problem in heimdall (affects SGS2 only)
      • It turns out that heimdall can't deal with system.img files larger than 100Mb
      • Spent some time characterizing and trying a few things to workaround with no luck
      • Filed a bug on xda-developers list
    • Added support to AutoMounter for bug 751048 - (don't automount if screen is locked)
      • Submitted a pull-request for gaia - needs review
      • Revised changes to gecko - needs review
  • Thinker
    • Implement and discuss push notification service
      • There is a simple implementation based on httpd.js for this monent. But, we really need a http server for this kind of purpose.
    • Separated storages for pinned applications
    • MTP (WIP)
  • Kanru
  • Bug 757341 - Hardware accelerated camera preview (WIP)
  • Steven
    • Bug 749053 - FM radio support
      • Trace the code of CM
    • Bug 745078 - Get switch device states at any time - implementing
  • Vincent Chang
    • Bug 735547 - Support USB tethering - ongoing
      • Enhanced network manager interface to support tethering
      • Studying howto talk to netd using unix domain socket in JS worker.
    • Bug 751460 - Support WiFi Tethering
  • Ericchou
    • Worked on Bluetooth. Bluetooth basic functions/interface are mostly done. (90%)
    • Handsfree profile manager (70%)
      • Connect/Disconnect passively/actively: ok
      • Event handler and message parser: ok
      • Audio manager registration mechanism: ongoing
      • Call state listening mechanism: ongoing
    • This week: Start sending patches and get HFP done.
  • Vicamo
    • Bug 744360 - Support WAP over SMS: fixing known issues in review
      • remove customized binary input stream interface: ok
    • Bug 749856 - B2G MMS: dispatching OMNA WAP Push notification:
      • proxy auto config: ok
      • send notification response: wip, output storage stream non-seekable?
      • experiments on how to create Blob instance inside RadioInterfaceLayer: failed, seems to be a bug
    • Bug 753034 - B2G SMS: readSwappedNibbleBCD may discard leading zeros: add test scripts
    • SMS/MMS API integration: WebAPI discuss, had a test on renaming SMS* to Message*
  • Cervantes
    • Bug 755546 - orientation change and video app don't work together: awaiting review
    • Bug 756036 - Race condition in Ril.cpp: landed
    • Bug 748350 - export files on a device to the attached desktop through MTP: ongoing
    • Helped diagnosing bug 756389 - unexpected crash in DBusThread::StopEventLoop
  • Yoshi
    • Bug 731786 - B2G RIL: Support Sim cards that require PIN code: r+
    • Bug 754018 - B2G RIL: Read SIM Contact: reviewing
    • Bug 744814 - B2G RIL: support for SIM card toolkit : Ongoing
  • Price
    • PTO
  • Hsinyi
    • Bug 749794 -B2G telephony: need to reset audio state when phone call ends: landed
    • Bug 746496 - B2G telephony: update the audio system for incoming calls and holding calls: landed
    • Bug 749086 - WebSMS: use DOMRequest: ongoing & improving according to KanRu's comments
  • Shianyow
    • Bug 746069 - Expose coarse-grained network usage stats to (privileged) web content: studying Android ICS implementation
    • Looking at device porting on new partner phone
    • Sending a pull request https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gonk-ics-manifest/pull/3 to fix staying in recovery mode issue on old build system (thanks to mwu!)
  • Vincent Liu
    • partner phone : Integrate tarball patch into GB platform
    • galaxy-s2 : work on mic mute problem in ICS.
    • Build up andreasgal/B2G platform. encounter "staying in recovery mode after flashing system.img". File a Github issue for tracking.ute problem on ICS.
  • Gene
    • Bug 749551 - Alarm API
      • Hal/gonk for setting alarm in system (done: 100%)
      • IndexedDB for saving and querying alarm (done: 100%)
      • DOM API design (done: 80%, a patch has been uploaded for reivew)
      • Testing for pages and try server (done: 50%)
  • Bent (proxy through Jonas)
    • Basic multiprocess IndexedDB support is on track for getting done for 6/1
    • Blob support doesn't seem like it will make it. Is this a problem?
  • <ateam> (mdas, jgriffin)
    • producing daily builds of sgs2, nexus-s, and posting to https://releases.mozilla.com/b2g/ (ping me for password); not fully automatic until there is an ACL between the build machine and stage.mozilla.org
    • adding x86 and arm emulator builds to daily builds
    • updating config.sh to build from arbitrary default.xml
    • working on improving flash scripts for packaged builds
    • hopefully can get back to mochitest work later this week
    • moving CI to "new" build system/repo, against mozilla-central
  • <QA team> (Geo, John)

Hot Issues


webAPI tests are tracked seperately

Resourcing:

      • Meeting with yvan boily tomorrow to discuss external review of gaia apps
      • David Chan (dchan) will be helping with reviews
  • <product team> (Chris Lee)
  • <PMO team> (Kevin Hu, Dietrich)
  • triage!
  • meetings!
  • spreadsheets!
    • unowned tasks in Gecko:
      • Per app domain security model

What is this? I replied in chat about this - is this the permissions model? If so, then maybe Lucas Adamski, but he is security though - do we need a b2g person?

      • Real Fullscreen

Roundtable

  • k9o flags
  • meeting format change